It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 Caught In Search For Arizona Deputy's Attackers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

17 Caught In Search For Ariz. Deputy's Attackers

news.yahoo.com

Law officers have apprehended 17 suspected illegal immigrants while hunting for suspected smugglers who shot and wounded a sheriff's deputy in a remote desert area 50 miles south of Phoenix.

Pinal County sheriff's Lt. Tamatha Villar says three of those captured match descriptions given by the deputy. They were being questioned Saturday morning.

The violent episode came amid nationwide debate over the state's tough new immigration law.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.msnbc.msn.com

[edit on 1-5-2010 by burntheships]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Why does the Federal Goverment ignore this real danger and instead undermine the States that are taking steps to crack down enforce laws?

Will be intersting to see the spin on this story by the MSM news.

The MSNBC article focuses on the "Drug Smuggling" aspect. This is a very real problem.

"Regardless of the outcome of tonight's manhunt and investigation, Arizona is now confronted by some of the most vicious and dangerous narco-terror organizations the world has seen," Brewer said in a statement.

Rep. Kirkpatrick, a Democrat whose district includes part of Pinal County, said the violence "should show the rest of the country what we Arizonans have known for too long — the unsecured border poses a very real and very immediate danger."

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Perhaps a long stay here with their family paying for their incarceration is in order for them....and if one of the 3 is the scum that shot the officer, I hope he tries to escape.......oops, one less to deal with.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Here's a local news link to the same story
AZ Central

They go into more detail like how

A massive hunt of 100 square miles that included helicopters with night-vision equipment and more than 200 officers, including SWAT teams, from 13 agencies was still pursuing the shooters late Friday.

More than one helicopter came under fire during the evening as officers rescued Puroll, who had been shot with an AK-47-type weapon around 4 p.m., according to the Sheriff's Office.

This officer was damn lucky too they
said up to 30 rounds were fired at the deputy, who returned fire with an AR-15 semiautomatic rifle and a handgun.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
If they are shooting at the deputies and the helicopters there is no reason to try and arrest them. They want a shoot out, give 'em one. Dead people don't get to commit murders over, or shoot at people anymore. Waste the ammunition, not the money for a trial.........helps our economy, frees up the courts, and sends a strong message to others.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Yes, I ask where is the outrage for the violence? Even as this officer is recovering (thankfully) the Arizona Rancher that was killed last month, his family is left in mourning.

The new law's passage came amid increasing anger in Arizona about violence, drug smugglers, illegal immigration drop houses and other problems that some say are caused by poor border security. The issue gained focus a month ago when a southern Arizona rancher was shot and killed by a suspected illegal border crosser.

Yet all we see in the news is the outrage about racial profiling. ?

Activists said outrage over Arizona's controversial immigration law "awakened a sleeping giant" Saturday as rallies demanding federal immigration reform kicked off in cities across the U.S.

In New York, Labor organizer John Delgado said anger over the law — which requires local law enforcement to question people about their immigration status if there is reason to suspect they're in the country illegally — drew more than 5,000 people to a rally.

"That's the fuel that motivated them to come here, because of the sadness of the Arizona law," said Delgado, who is business manager for Local 79 of the Construction and General Building Laborers Union.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
This deputy is in my opinion a REAL American hero. He's laying down his life and his safety to protect those of us here in the USA. Godbless him and I wish I could shake his hand. I wish our troops would get their butts back here and protect the country and Constitution they swore to instead of fighting useless wars overseas.

This is a HUGE issue and Americans need to stand together. There are traitors in our midst in the form of Hollywood celebrities (Linda Rondstadt, Shakira, Carlos Mencia), politicians (Villaraigosa, Obama, Sen. Boxer and Dianne Feinstein, Pelosi, McCain) and others who are undermining American sovereignty. They should be outed for the traitors they are. EVERY law abiding freedom loving American who cares about our future and our prosperity and our kids should be fuming over the illegal immigration situation and we should be applauding Arizona and the people that support this immigration law.

The reason most politcians are walking so delicately on this matter is because all they care about is getting reelected and garnering the hispanic vote. The Federal government has proven itself useless time and time again. Look at the recent oil spill. BP lobbied hard to not have to put in place simple safety measures other countries require. Our politicians gave in.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
As for Mexico and Calderon......................F U AND THE HORSE YOU RODE IN ON BUDDY! Clean up your own damn country ahole!

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Im sure the usual suspects will start posting that this is all just propaganda to support the new AZ law. They think those of us living in the southwest are just imagining things.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by ParaShredder]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

30 rounds at the officer, and how many more at the helicopters?
And yet, all the maistream media can do is report on "racial profiling"?

I only became aware of last months story on the death of the Rancher today.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
As for Mexico and Calderon......................F U AND THE HORSE YOU RODE IN ON BUDDY! Clean up your own damn country ahole!

Why would Calderon give a crap? Illegal immigration is his corrupt government's safety valve. As long as they keep coming here to protest, he can continue to rape the mexican people.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Hey I think that if we made criminally trespassing punishable by death there would be no more immigration problems.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ParaShredder

Exactly! I got married in Mexico last summer and I'm damn ashamed I did. I'll never go back to that place. I'll keep my money here. I'm sick of Mexico and illegals. Hell I'll be honest I'm sick of legal hispanics thinking this country is theirs to take back and I don't care what anyone says.......the truth is MANY hispanics both legal and illegal do not want to assimilate. Even Mexicans hate Argentenians for the same reason.

My father was a polish immigrant who came to this country at 25. He learned english and worked his butt off and never sucked off the government. I live in Southern California and it's amazing how many hispanics I see with 5 kids under the age of 5. My wife and I are in our 30's trying to start a family and both of us are gainfully employed and we wouldn't be able to support 5 kids in this day and age.

Now let the I'm a racist flames begin!

[edit on 1-5-2010 by Zosynspiracy]

[edit on 1-5-2010 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

This deputy is in my opinion a REAL American hero. He's laying down his life and his safety to protect those of us here in the USA. Godbless him and I wish I could shake his hand.

Very true, many share this belief!
I agree with your entire post!

To add this, Obama criticizes Arizona, and calls them out!

Calling a bill cracking down on immigrants in Arizona "misguided," President Barack Obama said Friday the federal government will closely monitor the situation in the state for possible civil rights violations.

www.politicsdaily.com...

What about the violations of law in the murders and pillaging that is going on?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

30 rounds at the officer, and how many more at the helicopters?
And yet, all the maistream media can do is report on "racial profiling"?

I only became aware of last months story on the death of the Rancher today.

Well let me catch you up on this months developments...
Cartels are burning villages on the Mexican side of the border with Texas.
In another Texas town American high school students are be recruited into these cartels...You know about the rancher down in AZ here in NM we got two more dead ranchers since then and now there's talk that three more dead folks down in Las Cruces might have fallen victim to the drug war...

now that's just recent, if you want to go back in time twenty years ago we hand the Bowling Ally Massacre down here that one is still unsolved but we locals know the who done it's fled back into Mexico... yup its getting worse day by day

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

You need to clarify your post..........it's HISPANIC AMERICAN HIGH SCHOOL kids being recruited by cartels. Let's be very clear on that critical point. Hence my above post on hispanics in general.

I guarantee you it's not white kids and asian kids joining up with mexican drug cartels.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

You need to clarify your post..........it's HISPANIC AMERICAN HIGH SCHOOL kids being recruited by cartels. Let's be very clear on that critical point. Hence my above post on hispanics in general.

I guarantee you it's not white kids and asian kids joining up with mexican drug cartels.

I don't see why it makes a diff..
these blood thirsty cartels are recruiting on American soil!
the way I see I don't care what color your skin is. the minute they approached kids here they should have been hunted down like the rabid animals they are!

Oh I should also add some of the parents of these kids were told they had to pay a bribe or their kids would be killed...

Edit to add...
One more thing that escaped main stream media...
Bin Laden was replaced as the worlds most wanted man...
just a couple weeks ago he was quietly replaced by a Mexican cartel member
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 1-5-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

You describe a war zone! Families are being torn asunder, young people are preyed upon by the cartels, and those who stand against this travesty are killed.

And as you well pointed out, the Federal Goverment is standing by
with plenty of citicism for the States that take steps to stop this pillaging.

"The preamble to the United States Constitution clearly establishes that one of the fundamental purposes of the Federal government is to ‘provide for the common defense.' The growing epidemic of violence along our southwest border clearly shows that we are falling down on that job

www.kokomoperspective.com...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

It is a war... hell 300 dead in Ciudad Juarez just this past month the death toll is now over 23,000 for the country...

if you look at my avatar and click on my name that will take you to a list of my threads and there you'll find I've been reporting on these events for months... One of those about a month ago was "Americans prepare to go to war with Mexico!" I was labeled a racist hilly billy red neck... well... that was then, this is now, and look where we are right now...

[edit on 1-5-2010 by DaddyBare]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join