It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YOUR involvement. Where do you stand? Think carefully.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Ok, this is just an observation i have made, i am not attacking anyone or trying to project negativity, i am simply relying my observation. If you spend your "time" involving yourself in things that are finite, you are perpetuating, or allowing yourselves to be trapped inside of the issue you are concerning yourself with. Now having said that, i don't mean that you should simply not care, per se. What i am saying is that, if you want an issue truly resolved, you should try, not solving the issue, but only looking at what you think should happen in place. So, example:

ET disclosure, do you spend your time researching proof for this existence, or looking for evidence that they already know?

or

Do you go about your day like the world already knows they exist, and have been fully disclosed by the government?

Do you see what i am saying? The energy we put towards our causes is stifling our causes. Be careful what you do. I ask everyone to redefine their "goals" so to speak and please understand the message i am trying to convey to you.

Please feel free to ask for me to clarify or post your argument. I do not mean this as any sort of attack, i am just simply asking you all to help create change by enacting it into your daily lives NOW, NOW. If you pretend this is all norma you are the change you seek.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I think I see what you are saying.

I do spend a lot of time searching for definitive 'proof' but even if I found it what the hell would I do with it!?

Food for thought. I would love disclosure but at the same time it terrifies me so much I think I am more concerned about proving things to myself.

Not just about E.T disclosure but many subjects, I just want to know. Ya know?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I understand your point.

I do research the topic quite a bit, but I'm fairly new to topic so I'm just trying to soak it all in and make a decision.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
It sounds to me like you're trying, in an extremely roundabout way, to discourage people from trying to make disclosure happen.

"Don't bother trying to get the people who are in the know to come out into the open, just be happy that you believe in aliens."

Please enlighten me if this view is mistaken.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
I think I see what you are saying.

I do spend a lot of time searching for definitive 'proof' but even if I found it what the hell would I do with it!?

Food for thought. I would love disclosure but at the same time it terrifies me so much I think I am more concerned about proving things to myself.

Not just about E.T disclosure but many subjects, I just want to know. Ya know?

Well,what is there to disclose anyway.

Do we as intelligent rational beings need the political government to say what has been common knowledge for centuries.

It would be just stating to us peons what is evident.

They know there are entities they have no control over and they come and go at free will.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
30 years ago I spent a great deal of time out on the prairie in the midwest with binoculars and telescopes looking up at the sky. I read all I could find at the time and made my own observations. Now I enjoy reading good accounts (my opinion of good accounts) and have always believed we are not alone.
For the government to make a big deal of disclosure would not change my mind. Of course, there's always the problem of disinformation from them so I would probably spend some time doing some thinking over a good bottle of Tulemore Dew out on the prairie and see what happens in the sky after!

Zindo

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

Yes, please let me redefine myself for your understanding. I am not saying, lets not seek disclosure, i am saying lets seek disclosure in a completely different way.

Instead of seeking out proof.

Let us walk around acting as if disclosure has already happened 6 months ago. Lets go on about our daily lives, and carry on conversation like it already exist within our perspective. That would remove their ability to control us by keeping us seeking and fighting. Mybe this you may understand easier. They do not disclose absolute proof because it is a distraction.

THEY ARE DISTRACTING US! You and me!

This distraction has to stop!

All of these the issues we cover are distractions from something. They are measurable distractions of the sense of the word truth.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I'm not onboard with "disclosure", as I don't see the point in it.

I believe personally that the Earth has been/is being visited by intelligent beings that are nonhuman.

There are those who believe this idea is rediculous. If any government came forward with what we at ATS might consider "proof" of alien visitation, would that change anything for anyone? I kinda doubt it. Worldwide hovering non-conventional objects might not even do it. Global meetings of "others" would probably do it, and then a certain percentage of the population might well freak out.

I spend a fair amount of time surveying the skies. I'd like to posess proof that satisfied only me. Anything I might ever capture on video would only constitute proof of unknown (to most humans) technology. In the end, only the aliens can do a proper disclosure, and for all we know, they were here on Earth before us, perhaps evolving and living in the mysterious depths of the ocean, or perhaps other dimensions, nearby planets, or even other galaxies.

In the end, it's something we do for ourselves, to further our knowledge, perhaps to test our hypothesis in a somewhat scientific manner.

For what it's worth, if I ever have anything shareworthy, I'll share it here. It's the primary reason I never go anywhere without a camera.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

I use disclosure as an example. I am trying to introduce a new strategy for us to use as a way to be less controlled. I don't think this tactic would be expected. It seems as if the more we fight it, the more powerful it becomes, so i am saying lets just not fight it, and lets pretend it doesn't even exist.

For instance, if everyone ignores the politician, he losses his power! it is hard for me to quantify my strategy in terms.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by onequestion]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I understand onequestion, and more or less, that's the way I see things also. It's a foregone conclusion to me personally that the "others" exist.

As an armchair scientist, I have to leave the crack open to the possibility that they do not exist, pending conclusive evidence in either direction.

Just as an aside, I haven't given up occasionally welcoming "them" to come and talk, although I wonder if I'd ever do it again if that ever happened. I've considered the possibility that their systems act upon the human body in a visceral way, perhaps augmented by a symbolic species memory, that just scares the crap out of us. I'd like to believe that I could rise above that.

For me, they are here, and I don't mind discussing these ideas with anyone, even though most tend to rib me as an old fool. I wouldn't get any value out of being able to say "I told you so."

Okay, that's a lie. Maybe a little satisfaction.
We'll see.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Well, since i have reached a point spiritually my ET type of encounters have stopped. Mybe there is something behind that that has to do with brain frequency manipulation and government black ops, or holographic mind something or other. I am sure you have explored those ideas as well.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I find the answers come when I am not looking for them.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I think it's not an issue of "which side" you're on. No one should just research, just as no one should constantly cry at the government for not "coming clean" about an issue.

Everyone should do both. Research, read, experience first-hand, gather what you consider evidence and proof. Then go and deliver that amalgamation of facts and supposition to leading authorities.

I've never understood the issue of "choosing a stance" when, as human beings, we're capable of doing all the facets.

Energy is infinite too. It's not being wasted by researching and seeking to have disclosure.

Keep doing both, I say.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Where is the need for disclosure when common sense tells you they exist and are here.
If humans think they are alone in this limitless universe, then they are flattering themselves.

Cheers

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
You sound like you are basically saying to rely on the power of positive thinking. Maybe I misunderstand.

But I am not going to stop researching things or make a decision to stop trying to learn about things...just to walk around pretending something happened that really didn't.

That would kind of go against part of what I think is being human: trying to continually educate and better oneself.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
ET disclosure, do you spend your time researching proof for this existence, or looking for evidence that they already know?

or

Do you go about your day like the world already knows they exist, and have been fully disclosed by the government?

Do you see what i am saying?

Yes I think I do. You are saying that by trying to find proof you are creating a reality that is stuck in the search and you'll never reach your goal of finding it. You'll always energentically be one step behind.

But if you direct you attention towards what to do when we have found it then you are pulling reality from ahead towards the time of disclosure is that correct.

I think you have a much valid point which i feel can be applied to many things. World peace for example...if we directed our energies towards living in a world that has already reached peace then there'd be no energies spent on warring...

S&F to you ...I like it

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
what you are saying, OP, is incredibly profound and powerful for two reasons.

Reason 1:

in order to WANT something, it must be seperate from you. you cannot, by definition, want something that you already have. therefore, if you want "knowledge of extraterrestrial beings", your experience is primed to accept that such knowledge is outside of your grasp.

the Buddha said it best: desire is the cause of separation.

Reason 2:

in my observation, behaviors and decisions resonate through time non-linearly. if you decide that you will dedicate yourself to working-out at the gym regularly, and the commitment is genuine, you will find that the changes in your body and attitude will be felt almost immediately.....BEFORE you have even accomplished your first workout!

i do not mean this to sound like "the secret" hogwash. change takes more that a "positive attitude".

rather, the geometry of time is unknown and synchronicity appears to play a huge part. the only way to change something is to change it. not to WANT to change it. or to SEEK for change. just change it.

the change, then, synchronizes throughout reality immediately. the universe and reality are somehow re-oriented from this new and different perspective. CLICK!

CLICK!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

Well put, thank you for putting into words what i could not.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Hah. It is funny how you can have an idea, but your ability to translate it into sentence, and word is complicated.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
Well, since i have reached a point spiritually my ET type of encounters have stopped.

Once you wrote that.

I put you in my "craving attention" pile.

Good luck with that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join