It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama takes direct aim at anti-government rhetoric

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Obama just has ONE freaking step to take and all the whinny hypocrites will STFU! In fact, everybody will STFU, left to right. I would be surprised that he doesn’t know it, after all, he pretty much got himself in this difficult position. He seems to be too much of a practical politician and that will cause him slipping on too many banana peels, but this is once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

If I were in his place, I would drop the bomb in a heart beat.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectJimmy
President Obama might as well have been addressing this board directly when he said, "At its worst, it [anti-government propaganda] can send signals to the most extreme elements of our society that perhaps violence is a justifiable response."

Yes, we know what he said. At least I do. Once again, we are being warned about the very dangerous and growing threat that is.....us.

Haven't you noticed that Obama beats the same drum? With different names?

" -- extreme elements of our society"

Don't you find this to be rather vague....on purpose?

He has now tossed around so many labels for people we should be wary of:

-- conservative nutjobs
-- far leaning right-wingers
-- returning military veterans
-- extreme elements of our society
-- anti-government militias
-- Christian extreme militias
-- Religious fanatics
-- domestic terrorists

Haven't you come to the conclusion yet that he simply means anybody against the government in any way?

He will continue to change the label of whom we should fear the most until we are afraid of everybody.

That is the blueprint for creating social unrest and division of people in my opinion. Dare I make a divide and conquer comment? Nah.....I'm sure there's no agenda....

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I agree with the President. It is so ironic that people often think the Government is the root cause of all their problems when we live in the most free and culturally diverse country on the planet. There are literally hundreds of thousands of Government employees (non political) who serve our great nation day in and day out behind the scenes. Case in point. The FAA. (Federal Aviation Admin) Air Traffic Controllers serve the citizens by keeping our nations commercial aviation sector safe.

And when I see posters trying to school others in the republic vs. democracy semantics argument, I always dust off this little diddy as a metaphor:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cf97ef549225.jpg[/atsimg]
How would you like this puppy used on your next root canal?

The Constitution is a vital and sacred blueprint. It was meant as a written concept. However some folks seem stuck in a time warp of terminology. It was open to evolve with time to keep current via amendments by the keen foresight of our forefathers.

Democracy vs. Republic yadda, yadda, yadda.

Tomato, Tomatoe.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Violence is ALWAYS a justifiable response. It should always be a last resort however. Obama is a coward, a fraud, and a turd not worth the gum on my shoe as far as him being President goes. 99% of the US government is corrupt. And him and his ilk better watch out. Because the American people are waking up and getting tired of it. Government should fear the people not the other way around. And if violence never solved anything we'd all be speaking German and police wouldn't carry guns and the US wouldn't have the largest stockpile of nuclear weapons on the face of the earth.

There is a village in Kenya and they want their idiot back!

There needs to be a line drawn in the sand and the USA divded into two. Those who want to be ruled like scum like Obama and those who want to be ruled by freedom loving patriots like Ron Paul. I'd love to see who sides with who in America.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Oh please save your worthless idiotic rhetoric. America imprisons more people than any nation on Earth. We spend more on prisons and incarcerating people than the top 5 countries put together. You're another clueless sheep.

There is nothing wrong with government. But there is a point where it becoems too big and too inefficient. And the US government reached that point long ago. It is by far one of the most corrupt governments the world has ever seen. The only difference between the kleptocracy that is the US government and the communist and social tyrants of other governents the world over is that the US government uses financial weapons vs. outright killing its own citizens. In the end there is no difference.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
Violence is ALWAYS a justifiable response. It should always be a last resort however. Obama is a coward, a fraud, and a turd not worth the gum on my shoe as far as him being President goes. 99% of the US government is corrupt. And him and his ilk better watch out. Because the American people are waking up and getting tired of it. Government should fear the people not the other way around. And if violence never solved anything we'd all be speaking German and police wouldn't carry guns and the US wouldn't have the largest stockpile of nuclear weapons on the face of the earth.

There is a village in Kenya and they want their idiot back!

There needs to be a line drawn in the sand and the USA divded into two. Those who want to be ruled like scum like Obama and those who want to be ruled by freedom loving patriots like Ron Paul. I'd love to see who sides with who in America.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by Zosynspiracy]

Well, I submit it is vocalizations like yours that might serve to get Obama elected
as much as support FOR his policies.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

So besides come on here and rant do you offer a plan?

Please skip the wholesale mischaracterizations and blanket insults and present a step by step alternative without use of violence.

I look forward to the benefit of your reply.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

The plan? Yes..........Ron Paul has tried to initiate many changes in the US and in government but the American people laughed him off the platform. Federal Reserve transparency and accountability is a big start.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
reply to post by muzzleflash

Ron Paul wasn't running. You can't vote for somebody who's not running.

You could have voted for Ralph Nader, though

Ron Paul did run for President in 2008 on the Republican ticket, but lost the primary to John McCain. Even so, in terms of "write-in" candidates, Ron Paul most certainly did run in those states that allowed it, as a write in candidate for President.

mfoster.com...

www.dailypaul.com...

And for your amusement:

www.news4jax.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join