It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens the theory.Leading us to disclosure?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
Many things from ancient history rely solely on interpretation, but are generally accepted. For example: most scientists and archaeologist will tell you that the Egyptians built the pyramids, yet they have no evidence for how it was possible.

Intelligent interpretation of artefacts is one of the foundation stones of historical research. You shouldn't dismiss it because there are no cold hard facts. On the contrary, often will interpretation help lead the way to such facts.

Fair enough. To me, the clay figurine that looks like he's wearing a "space suit" to some may appear to me to be a deep-sea diving suit. I will assert the ancients were deep-sea divers and therefore the alien theory is null and void. Subjective interpretation is not valid.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Disclosure should happen. The only people that would have their world rocked and their beliefs challenged by disclosure are those closed-minded people who refuse to believe anything else other than Human civilization is the center of the universe. Religious people should not have a problem with it as the Vatican recently proclaimed that it was O.K. to believe in aliens. Some religions may ask why the Bible did not mention aliens - well, the Bible never says anything about cats or dinosaurs either, but we know for a fact that they do (or did) exist!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Originally posted by ancientalien1981
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

So i guess when ancient civilizations made clay figurines of what looks like men in space suits, it was either just a coinsidence or they could tell the future right.

Note the bolded part of your sentence. Your "evidence" relies solely on your interpretation of a clay figurine. Subjective interpretations are not objective evidence.

Many things from ancient history rely solely on interpretation, but are generally accepted. For example: most scientists and archaeologist will tell you that the Egyptians built the pyramids, yet they have no evidence for how it was possible.

There is no such thing as "evidence" of "how" a thing "was possible."

At any rate, there exists tons of evidence that the pyramids were built by the Egyptians. More than enough to make the idea "generally accepted."

The truth is, the evidence is so overwhelming as to make any other hypothesis pretty much ludicrous.

Any pronouncements on the "how" part that has been made by any reasonable Egyptologist always is phrased as a "possibility."

There are several theories abiout the how, each one proposed as a theory, not as a fact, and each one made by actual Egyptologists is certainly possible.

I use the terms "reasonable" and "actual" here because the fact is anyone can call themselves an "Egyptologist."

Harte

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Without reading the OP and based on the title. I can assure you that there will be no disclosure and we are not being desensitized for any kind of disclosure.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by black cat
Disclosure should happen. The only people that would have their world rocked and their beliefs challenged by disclosure are those closed-minded people who refuse to believe anything else other than Human civilization is the center of the universe. Religious people should not have a problem with it as the Vatican recently proclaimed that it was O.K. to believe in aliens. Some religions may ask why the Bible did not mention aliens - well, the Bible never says anything about cats or dinosaurs either, but we know for a fact that they do (or did) exist!

I agree, but i'd like to add that believers are at an advantage, especially if they are confronted with an oppertunity to collect UFO evidence, they'd be in a much better position than Skeptics (or should I say pseudo-skeptics) who would be too shocked from disbelief to do anything when they encounter strange situations.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Intelligent interpretation of artefacts is one of the foundation stones of historical research. You shouldn't dismiss it because there are no cold hard facts. On the contrary, often will interpretation help lead the way to such facts.

Fair enough. To me, the clay figurine that looks like he's wearing a "space suit" to some may appear to me to be a deep-sea diving suit. I will assert the ancients were deep-sea divers and therefore the alien theory is null and void. Subjective interpretation is not valid.

Well then you would look at all the other "evidence" to support your deep-sea diving theory - ancient texts, religious documents/artefacts, myths/stories...

I think the reason most people (at least on this forum!) would believe the clay figurine represents an alien is because there is more supporting "evidence" than there is for the deep-sea diver theory.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Well then you would look at all the other "evidence" to support your deep-sea diving theory - ancient texts, religious documents/artefacts, myths/stories...

I think the reason most people (at least on this forum!) would believe the clay figurine represents an alien is because there is more supporting "evidence" than there is for the deep-sea diver theory.

It's good that you put "evidence" in quotation marks because such supporting "evidence" is dubious at best and also subject to interpretation. The ancient alien theorist also suffers from inherent bias in their approach, which is unscientific.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Who cares if its unscientific? Im sorry but wasnt there a time when scientifically the world was flat? Wasnt there a time when scientifically it was believed that EARTH was the center of the universe and the sun orbited it like the moon?? You cant base these FACTS, on being scientic in todays society. Interpetation isnt that hard when you are reading text and comparing them to the cave drawings, or figurines, or sculptures and artwork... you non believers are a bunch of cowards! If an alien stepped foot infront of you, you would probably go into cardiac arrest, your blood pressure would go sky high or go real low causing you to faint! Because it would totally mess up your whole belief system. Atleast be open TO THE IDEA!..... how arrogant is it to say we are the only ones?!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
i am so curious drummer what conspiracies do you beleive in?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Hey everyone,

I really like the Ancient Aliens series and am actually a fan of Giorgio Tsoukalos on Facebook. What's really interesting is that today he mentioned that some exhilirating announcement is due to happen on Monday 16th...

Who knows?

Link

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

Um no. Disclosure will happen when Aliens disclose themselves. We could have a downed Alien aircraft in a base below and no goverment official would ever admit to it.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I don't personally believe there is a concerted effort to "desensitize" us on the existence of aliens. The belief in aliens by the masses is not a new thing.

Back in the 1950s, I bet more people believed in alien life than people now. If there is a "disclosure" program today, then they are not doing a very good job.

Back in the early 1900s, Percival Lowell popularized the idea with the masses that we are not alone in the universe, thanks to his assertion about seeing "canals on Mars, and the subsequent books he wrote speculating about a Martian civilization. Most people took it for granted that Martians did exist -- and theydidn't panic over that knowledge.

Even back in the late 1700s, the idea of the "Plurality of Worlds" was very common among the intellectuals of the time, including some of the U.S. founding fathers such as Thomas Paine, Thomas Jefferson, and Benjamin Franklin. This Plurality of Worlds -- basically the theory that the Earth is just one inhabited planet among other planets around other stars -- was generally accepted by many of the thinkers of the time as fact -- and yet, they did not panic.

People have done studies and found that something like 2/3 of all Americans believe that ET life exists out there somewhere -- yet 2/3 of all Americans are not rioting in the streets over this issue.

I never quite understood why some people think the world needs to be gradually desensitized prior to any possible disclosure.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by True-seer

It wouldnt surprise me, i'm currently researching and guess what The goverment has funded the history channel for this program.

All goverment funded and you know what that normally means.

I would be really interested to see where you got that information from. I get all gitty when I think about disclosure, like a child on christmas eve.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by USMC-oorah

Originally posted by True-seer

It wouldnt surprise me, i'm currently researching and guess what The goverment has funded the history channel for this program.

All goverment funded and you know what that normally means.

I would be really interested to see where you got that information from. I get all gitty when I think about disclosure, like a child on christmas eve.

I believe it was already demonstrated here in this thread that he pulled that "information" out of his hind end.

Harte

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join