It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens the theory.Leading us to disclosure?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Good point drummer.... but whos to say your information is false? How do you know what you know is true? Why because a teacher is teaching it? You do realize that our text books are easily changeable through government approval or disapproval. Dont believe me go a head and look up these books that college kids need for certain classes that are loaded with false information ( I saw it on the news, all of these college students were upset because they bought these books with wrong information ) and this is what they are being taught. So they are led to believe that its true as they get older....which takes us back to the orignial post, that not only is our government desensitizing us on the idea of aliens being real through the media which is all owned and operated by the people behind the scense, but are also implementing false information in our youths minds to make us believe what THEY want us to believe in the mean time during this transitional period....

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
The concept of "ancient aliens" is a preposterous

How is it preposterous? If there are aliens, then it follows there must have been ancient ones.

However, I don't buy the theory. I don't think humankind would go into 'chaos' upon learning of ET existence.

(but we know that's not going to happen as 'disclosure' is a myth)

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarrGazer25

Good point drummer.... but whos to say your information is false? How do you know what you know is true? Why because a teacher is teaching it? You do realize that our text books are easily changeable through government approval or disapproval. Dont believe me go a head and look up these books that college kids need for certain classes that are loaded with false information ( I saw it on the news, all of these college students were upset because they bought these books with wrong information ) and this is what they are being taught. So they are led to believe that its true as they get older....which takes us back to the orignial post, that not only is our government desensitizing us on the idea of aliens being real through the media which is all owned and operated by the people behind the scense, but are also implementing false information in our youths minds to make us believe what THEY want us to believe in the mean time during this transitional period....

Well, that is the claim of those who believe in disclosure. But what you really have with this scenario is a snowballing conspiracy theory. If you start with the belief that the government is hiding something and just wants to keep a secret, you'll come to resultant conclusions such as that there's a massive control of textbooks, the media, Hollywood, the mentality of the public, etc. Note: it starts with an unsupported belief which can only be supported through an impossibly huge conspiracy theory. The whole source of this is a desire that your belief in intelligent aliens is true and could be confirmed by some authority telling you it's true. You have to ask yourself how much of this is based on irrefutable evidence, and whether some of this stuff is just ways of getting around the lack of it.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

How is it preposterous? If there are aliens, then it follows there must have been ancient ones.

It's preposterous because there is no evidence of life elsewhere whatsoever, let alone visiting us now or in ancient times. The ancient alien hypothesis exists on gaps in our knowledge of ancient cultures, nothing more.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

It's preposterous because there is no evidence of life elsewhere whatsoever, let alone visiting us now or in ancient times. The ancient alien hypothesis exists on gaps in our knowledge of ancient cultures, nothing more.

"Preposterous" would be someone who requires evidence to believe in life elsewhere in the universe other than earth. It would be presposterous to believe earth is the only place where life developed. I believe Stephen Hawking agrees with that.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

"Preposterous" would be someone who requires evidence to believe in life elsewhere in the universe other than earth. It would be presposterous to believe earth is the only place where life developed. I believe Stephen Hawking agrees with that.

Requiring evidence is not preposterous. Without it, we have to face a possibility that we may be the first planet to have evolved life. Some planet has to be that planet. Even Sagan considered this possibility. I think life elsewhere is certainly possible and we should continue looking for it. But to think that now and in ancient times that we were visited by aliens without any supporting evidence is preposterous and naive.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by js52686
reply to post by StarrGazer25

So dont take this as a new member "taking shots" at what you just said, but do you honestly believe that other countries are waiting on us to give the ok? What makes us a governing body to tell other countries what and what not to tell their particular citizens. The reason that dosent make sense to me is because if we give the ok, then basically the whole world follows. But if some random country, lets say Germany, goes ahead and discloses all they know and basically blows the cover off of the whole ufo/alien story, then the whole world is going to know in a matter of minutes. What gives you the impression that the US needs to give anyone permission.

I have to disagree. You have to look at what the United States has actually become during the past 100-150 years. Other nations have followed America by example. The French revolution was inspired by the American revolution. Slavery, even though abolished a good 25 years before America in England, also influenced other nations to follow. During the 1900s we were the most technologically advanced country on earth. Immigrants from all nations around the world flocked to our shores and still do today for the "American dream".

To say that the United States still doesnt lead by example, given it's reputation, is honestly absurd. We may be a country in debt ..or so it would seem, but we're still a dominant force on both the world's economy and military presence.

To the original post, I dont think the population would riot just because they found out aliens exist. You have to really think about what that would do to religion, our history as a species, and the fallout of an exposed 60 year old secret by a government that we're supposed to trust.

It could very well be that they're looking for a reaction with this show, marathons are usually run for a reason, but disclosure itself is probably still a long ways out.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

in my opinion they have taken far to long already almost every religion speaks of visitors from the heavens all across the globe the evidence is mounting as they release more and more proof of thier existance here's to hoping disclosure is soon my friends

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

So i guess when ancient civilizations made clay figurines of what looks like men in space suits, it was either just a coinsidence or they could tell the future right. I respect your opinion but at the same time you cant say there isn't evidence when it is all around us in the form of ancient writings, cave drawings, pottery, and paintings just to name a few.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
ancient aliens? certainly possible, according to a now removed colorado air academy textbook that briefed cadets. The section on UFO's suggested that history would hint at extraterrestrials visiting earth for over 50,000 years. Although there was no definite claim made.

It is also difficult to verify with evidence, unless you have a time machine and can go back to in time to judge the situation.

Either the way the issue is about disclosure, i'm not sure whether the AA theory relates to the disclosure process.

Fundamentally I believe the government wants to keep disclosure from happening at all costs. however at the same time, imo what may seem contradictory by acclimating the public to the existence of UFO's is meant only for the purposes of an emergency where something extreme happens like aliens invading the planet.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by redrezo

Is it possible that its the actual aliens that want the information kept secret and not the government?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ancientalien1981

So i guess when ancient civilizations made clay figurines of what looks like men in space suits, it was either just a coinsidence or they could tell the future right.

Note the bolded part of your sentence. Your "evidence" relies solely on your interpretation of a clay figurine. Subjective interpretations are not objective evidence.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewJay
reply to post by redrezo

Is it possible that its the actual aliens that want the information kept secret and not the government?

I didn't do research there, but I do remember Bob Dean in one of his interviews mentioning how one of the aliens mentioned in the NATO report he viewed, looked exactly like Humans and were basically indistinguishable.

Of course if that is true, that would concern the military because of the possibility of infilitration by a 5th column of human looking aliens, but the problem is that we already all know for a fact that the military is always paranoid to begin with, so it would logically follow they wouldn't be so forthcoming with UFO information that is deemed sensitive, and it isn't just the military but thinktanks such as the Brookings institution that submitted a report on the topic to NASA as well as the RAND corporation analysis of what the government out to do about disclosing any sort of information related to UFO'S. (and there is evidence for this)

For the sheer number of conventional factors I've listed above they are imo more credible than the mere suggestion that somehow only aliens are responsible for the non-disclosure of UFO's.

Though I'm NOT ruling out the possibility, just that there is no proof in regards to a 5th column infiltration of said institutions by aliens.

Even aliens themselves aren't doing a very good job of keeping out of sight, nor seem to care much about being spotted.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

an attempt for flags and stars....

already up... lmfao

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
My fiance and I watched ancient aliens for the first time last night and found it very intresting. My Fiance is very skeptical as he was brought up in a catholic family. Its like pulling Eye teeth to get him to watch this with me. I dont really have a set religion. I consider myself a spirtualist. I believe in good and bad energy. I believe in being positive, and I believe there is a god. God being the most loving, purest, positive energy of all so the concept of aliens doesnt really interrupt my spirtuality. They are just another being. And Im finding that more and more people are sharing my same belief of being a spirtualist.

This show opened my fiances eyes to another understanding. I asked him if he believed there were aliens and his response was, "Of course, People would be stupid not to think so. We cant be the only ones with billions of galaxies, and billions of stars and planets. I just never really thought to much about it. But the show puts things into a different perspective." For a show like this to catch his attention speaks volumes to me LOL Im going to buy it on dvd because tuesday is the final episoide and I missed almost all of them.

As far as full disclosure... I would like to see it in my lifetime, but year after year new stories come out, new people speak out - astronauts,nasa employees, pilots, generals, government workers...and nothing! Its getting very aggervating. Unless we completely over throw the government (YEA RIGHT) or Aliens make themselves present massively... then I doubt it will be anytime soon. My prediction will be in the next 50 years their will be disclosure, that gives them enough time to desensitize the new generation, let a little official information out at a time so that when it does come out or is realized the people wont be mad at the government because we have all been under the assumption that the government has been letting out what the know as it comes along, and then there will be no reason for panic, or disruption. my thoughts.

Oh and then we watched planet 51, very cute movie from an aliens point of view and I think the desensitizing of the children has began. Watch the movie and tell me what you think...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
My fiance and I watched ancient aliens for the first time last night and found it very intresting. My Fiance is very skeptical as he was brought up in a catholic family. Its like pulling Eye teeth to get him to watch this with me. I dont really have a set religion. I consider myself a spirtualist. I believe in good and bad energy. I believe in being positive, and I believe there is a god. God being the most loving, purest, positive energy of all so the concept of aliens doesnt really interrupt my spirtuality. They are just another being. And Im finding that more and more people are sharing my same belief of being a spirtualist.

This show opened my fiances eyes to another understanding. I asked him if he believed there were aliens and his response was, "Of course, People would be stupid not to think so. We cant be the only ones with billions of galaxies, and billions of stars and planets. I just never really thought to much about it. But the show puts things into a different perspective." For a show like this to catch his attention speaks volumes to me LOL Im going to buy it on dvd because tuesday is the final episoide and I missed almost all of them.

As far as full disclosure... I would like to see it in my lifetime, but year after year new stories come out, new people speak out - astronauts,nasa employees, pilots, generals, government workers...and nothing! Its getting very aggervating. Unless we completely over throw the government (YEA RIGHT) or Aliens make themselves present massively... then I doubt it will be anytime soon. My prediction will be in the next 50 years their will be disclosure, that gives them enough time to desensitize the new generation, let a little official information out at a time so that when it does come out or is realized the people wont be mad at the government because we have all been under the assumption that the government has been letting out what the know as it comes along, and then there will be no reason for panic, or disruption. my thoughts.

Oh and then we watched planet 51, very cute movie from an aliens point of view and I think the desensitizing of the children has began. Watch the movie and tell me what you think...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by saxony
I think there may be some merit to what you are saying. I grew up in the 50's. Think Flash Gorden, then Star Trek, Battlestar Glactica, etc. Now people of my age are so used to the idea that we are not alone, that it almost seems rediculous to think that we are. This would be just a continuation of a policy started decades ago.

This is my 1st post.

saxony

Welcome

People before the "people your age" also believed in the idea that we are not alone.

Back in Victorian times, it was very common to believe in "Moon Men". In the early 1900s, Percival Lowell's observations of Mars' canals (probably erroneous observations) convinced many people of that time that there was an advanced civilization living on Mars. Throughout the 1950s, it was acceptable to believe in "Martians".

...so it isn't only a "new" thing that the majority of people today (and most scientists) feel that other civilizations exist somewhere out there in the vastness of space.

[edit on 5/23/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

I try to bring skepticism and rational viewpoints to a place where I see a lot of ideas being discussed in the absence of such.

You, sir, are a sight for sore eyes.

Did you bring any other reinforcements, or are we destined to die in this electronic Alamo?

Originally posted by traditionaldrummerI know you and the others don't care for my viewpoints but your ideas eventually need to stand up to others like me.

Not everyone here is hell-bent on ancient astronauts.

There are several of us here that have been saying the same things as you for quite some time.

A great many have left though because they tired of the ignorant clapping their hands over their ears and shouting down the rational.

Anyway, am I glad to see you!

Harte

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ancientalien1981

So i guess when ancient civilizations made clay figurines of what looks like men in space suits, it was either just a coinsidence or they could tell the future right.

Note the bolded part of your sentence. Your "evidence" relies solely on your interpretation of a clay figurine. Subjective interpretations are not objective evidence.

Many things from ancient history rely solely on interpretation, but are generally accepted. For example: most scientists and archaeologist will tell you that the Egyptians built the pyramids, yet they have no evidence for how it was possible.

Intelligent interpretation of artefacts is one of the foundation stones of historical research. You shouldn't dismiss it because there are no cold hard facts. On the contrary, often will interpretation help lead the way to such facts.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by FOXMULDER147]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
There are several of us here that have been saying the same things as you for quite some time.

I salute you and the others, sir!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join