It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens the theory.Leading us to disclosure?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

YEAH YOU ARE DEF RIGHT ABOUT THAT The show did take an odd turn this week? Not sure the motive other then thats what catches attention i do hope its not a further look into the aliens true nature.???

Be Well

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Your thread is exactly what me and my mother have been saying for years! After roswell happened, comic books started coming out, movies such as the day the earth stood still, orson wells read "war of the worlds" on the radio, star trek, star wars, deep space nine, star gate, x- files most of which were only on Sci fi and late night regular cable stations. I have been watching the History Channel, Travel Channel, and Discovery Channel for almost two years and atleast once a week they will have something on about alien abductions, or UFO's. Specifically HC with UFO HUNTERS, and one hour specials like UFO cover up's.

I believe that the "Special intrest groups" or the "elite" government that is actully running this government are the ones who are trying to desensitize us. You would be a fool to not think so. And to the rest of the people on here who say they are tired of seeing disclosure threads, get over it. Disclosure is a big concern for the ones who trust in our instincts and intuition, it is a big deal for people who are not so easily presuaded and hearded like a bunch of mindless sheeps. It will ALWAYS be a topic, because there Will ALWAYS be new members who WANT to discuss it. If you dont, then move on to another thread, dont even pay attention to it, dont even read it! DONT EVEN COMMENT, because we are sick of the ones saying that its "Old" or "Boring" Or "This has already been discussed." Yea maybe for you.. but not for the new guys... So keep it movin.

I also believe there is something going on behind the scenes. Ive done some research and have come across some interviews and articles about there being an alien moon base on the south end of the moon closer to the dark side, where alien creatures are MINING for minerals. I've also read where they have told the astronauts, not to ever come back that it was their territory, (This was not a televised expedition) So the government had to recreate it to satisfy the public, which is why there is a big therory about the U.S never going to the moon. We did, but they had to cover up what they already knew and did.Secondly, why do you think we have a space station and not a moon base? Because we were told not to return! Why do you think we havent gone back? Cuz there is "Nothing" on the moon? Yea ok, theres supposedly nothing on Mars but we keep sending rovers? Thirdly in Sept or Oct, we bombed the moon did we not? And guess where we bombed it?.... The south end by the darkside ...... Hmmmm I wonder why?? I believe we are entering an intergalatic war if the U.S doesnt stop, and come out and tell the people whats REALLY going on. Even if they do disclose information it more then likely will NOT be the truth. There are countries that are wanting to release information who are in the process of doing so, but they are waiting for the United States to give the ok...and these countries are getting very TIRED of waiting....

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by StarrGazer25

So dont take this as a new member "taking shots" at what you just said, but do you honestly believe that other countries are waiting on us to give the ok? What makes us a governing body to tell other countries what and what not to tell their particular citizens. The reason that dosent make sense to me is because if we give the ok, then basically the whole world follows. But if some random country, lets say Germany, goes ahead and discloses all they know and basically blows the cover off of the whole ufo/alien story, then the whole world is going to know in a matter of minutes. What gives you the impression that the US needs to give anyone permission.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by js52686

Ok so maybe I didnt write it as well as I would of liked... Im not saying that the U.S controls what other countries do... Of course not, what Im saying is that the U.N have been having discussions on how to implement the idea, or actuality of their being aliens to the world as a Global United Front, They all have to be in on it before they release the information. And currently the U.S is holding everyone back, it would be no different then a Jury at a trial. All the juriers have to come to a common agreement on the verdict before they are allowed to give it to the judge who then gives it to the defendent. It would be no different if Canada or England, or even Germany where to say "Hey we are not ready to go public yet" Then the other countries would have to wait. What makes me believe that the articals Ive read are true is because there have been other countries to release information on what they know as far as U.F.O's and thats a start. These countries are France, England, Belgium, Chile, Peru, and Iran. They havent mentioned anything about ET's only disclosing what "little" information they know on UFO's. And the United States doesnt even pay attention to the thought of UFO's being a threat to national security even though there has been sightings and photographs of mini fleets to singular UFOs hovering over capital hill in 1952, 2002, 2006 and more recently October 15, 2008 - 2:30 a.m. - UFOs were photographed over the White House. I believe tbat the U.S might....know more then the rest of the world and thats why they are not willing to say what they know... theres got to be a bigger reason for them not coming out and disclosing it. Bigger then the "treaty" with the ET's that allows them to abduct citizens in exchange for their technology, bigger then them "worrying" about mass panic... theres more to the story that isnt being told here.... And welcome to the site js52686 Im sure you will like it here. There are alot of good debators that will really make your mind think, and alot of good problem solving people here that will make you see things in other ways. Hope you enjoy

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by triplescorpio
I just thought of this late last night so bare with my meager thread would love to hear some contributions...

The concept of "ancient aliens" is a preposterous, unsupported hypothesis and an insult to ancient cultures. The notions of disclosure is equally preposterous. Alien obsession and "ufology" are simply modern proxy religions.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

And how my dear friend tradionaldrummer is UFOLOGY a religion? It is a study of UFO's. Please and before you make such a pompous claim, please be educated in the ancient alien topic. Its not as absurd as you may think if you take the time to research and understand it, Beings, aliens, ET's have been mentioned in the bible ""And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth and daughters were born to them, that the sons of God saw the daughters of men were fair; so they took them wives of all whom they chose.…There were giants on the earth in those days; and also after that, for the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bore children to them, and they became giants who in the olden days were men of renown" (Genesis 6:1–4)." Makes a little more sense in the story of David and Golith?*Golith being a giant??* Think about Greek Mythology...maybe it wasnt a myth after all. They spoke of different gods who had different powers. Think about the Summerians, Think about the egyptians all speaking of Multiple "gods" and in primitive years with no knowledge of anything if you saw a being coming from the sky would you not think they were gods? Secondly it is mentioned in the bible that Moses frequently mentioned the presence of the cloud chariots: "The Lord descended in the cloud"; "The Lord came down in a cloud"; "The Lord went before them by day in a pillar of cloud to lead them the way and by night in a pillar of fire." could these clouds be spaceships coming from the sky? This is not a religion my friend it is a study of ufo's from ancient writtings. Have a good day

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarrGazer25

And how my dear friend tradionaldrummer is UFOLOGY a religion? It is a study of UFO's. Please and before you make such a pompous claim, please be educated in the ancient alien topic. Its not as absurd as you may think if you take the time to research and understand it, Beings, aliens, ET's have been mentioned in the bible ""And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth and daughters were born to them, that the sons of God saw the daughters of men were fair; so they took them wives of all whom they chose.…There were giants on the earth in those days; and also after that, for the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bore children to them, and they became giants who in the olden days were men of renown" (Genesis 6:1–4)." Makes a little more sense in the story of David and Golith?*Golith being a giant??* Think about Greek Mythology...maybe it wasnt a myth after all. They spoke of different gods who had different powers. Think about the Summerians, Think about the egyptians all speaking of Multiple "gods" and in primitive years with no knowledge of anything if you saw a being coming from the sky would you not think they were gods? Secondly it is mentioned in the bible that Moses frequently mentioned the presence of the cloud chariots: "The Lord descended in the cloud"; "The Lord came down in a cloud"; "The Lord went before them by day in a pillar of cloud to lead them the way and by night in a pillar of fire." could these clouds be spaceships coming from the sky? This is not a religion my friend it is a study of ufo's from ancient writtings. Have a good day

So it's not a religion, yet you immediately use religious texts to validate it? I rest my case.

Stories mean nothing. There is no evidence of ancient cultures possessing technologies beyond those available during their time period. None. Not the Egyptians, not the Sumerians, not at Puma Punku, nowhere.

Ancient alien hypothesis only works by attempting to shoehorn in a preconceived belief in aliens to ancient texts, much in the same way people attempt to shoehorn modern events into ancient "prophecies" to make them work. The hypothesis mirrors many aspects of religion and can be regarded as such. All it's missing is a church or mosque.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

what you consider religious, I consider ancient. The bible was written along time ago. Thats why I added the quotations from it where it is discribing things that may relate to the ancient alien theory. Stories mean nothing you say? Stories mean everything, thats how people have passed down information for years. So when you tell your children or your grandchild of an experince you had, your story will mean nothing, even if your trying to give them advice based on your experince? Your telling me it will mean nothing? Even if your trying to help guide them?... Maybe the ancient civilizations didnt leave any hardware technology that we can actually hold and look at that is more advanced then what we have now, but their understanding in time, calanders, astronomy and math was a technology for them... We are talking thousands and THOUSANDS of years ago... Their understanding was HIGHLY advance for them, how did they gain all this knowledge? It had to take some kind of technology to build their pyrimds. By the way the ones in Egypt and in South America are the exact same size...how did two civilizations oceans apart build the same exact size pyrimds? Im talking about their width and length. Is that not a form of their technology that they left behind?These pyrimd blocks are to big and to heavy to be built without some kind of knowledge and they are so tight together you cant even slip a piece of paper through the cracks of these blocks and they have withstood through out time with no decay or erosion. They knew that buy leaving their writings on STONE that it would be around for centuries....unlike us who are now using electronics for all of our data one good power outage and all of information will be lost. Even if we left it on paper, paper can be burned, it can easily be destoryed. If anything happened to us as a society no being in the future (weather surviving humans from a horrific catastrophy generations and generations later would not know anything about this present day or our past) I think that the ancient civilizations were highly advanced for their time. Ufology is not a religion, we do not worship ufo's or alien entities we simply want to know the truth... you should read, research, educate and be enlightened. Have a good day.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

SO I AM CURIOUS WHAT BRINGS YOU TO ATS ?

this is a place for alternative ideas and concepts usually i discuss ideas that i would shy away from in my day to day but here i can stretch the envelope and find freinds to simply discuss ideas you are a very odd ats member i mean do you even beleive in conspiracy ??

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

SO I AM CURIOUS WHAT BRINGS YOU TO ATS ?

this is a place for alternative ideas and concepts usually i discuss ideas that i would shy away from in my day to day but here i can stretch the envelope and find freinds to simply discuss ideas you are a very odd ats member i mean do you even beleive in conspiracy ??

I try to bring skepticism and rational viewpoints to a place where I see a lot of ideas being discussed in the absence of such. Sure, I believe in some conspiracies but that's not the topic at hand. Alternative ideas and concepts are fine but in a public forum they are subject to scrutiny and comments from people such as myself. I know you and the others don't care for my viewpoints but your ideas eventually need to stand up to others like me.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Maybe the ancient civilizations didnt leave any hardware technology that we can actually hold and look at that is more advanced then what we have now, but their understanding in time, calanders, astronomy and math was a technology for them... We are talking thousands and THOUSANDS of years ago... Their understanding was HIGHLY advance for them, how did they gain all this knowledge? It had to take some kind of technology to build their pyrimds.

Sure, ancient people did great things. They were people same as us and just like today, the smart people figure out how to do great things. They didn't require some flying space lizards to come down here and do it for them. That suggestion is a serious insult to ancient civilizations. And no special technology is needed to create the great monuments that ancient cultures produced.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

Traditionaldrummer has a point triple, this is a place to share ideas, your's v. Mine, or similiar to similair view points on which members agree and share thier opinions. But you can not have skeptism with out believers and vise verce. We balance eachother out, like ying and yang, heaven and hell, there can not be one without the other and with respect we should all be allowed to explain our thoughts. As long as no one gets ignorant. LOL

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Ok I see your point even if I dont agree, but...can you explain your thoughts on how these pyrimds oceans apart were built the same exact width and length? Unless instructed to by a supier being? How do explain the same architectual design on mars??

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Ok I see your point even if I dont agree, but...can you explain your thoughts on how these pyrimds oceans apart were built the same exact width and length? Unless instructed to by a supier being? How do explain the same architectual design on mars??

I don't know of similar architectural design on mars, so let's just deal with earth. Also, I found nothing in google indicating that separate cultures designed pyramids of "the exact width and length". The Giza pyramid is not replicated anywhere else on earth by a separate culture.

I assume you most likely mean that the proportions were the same. This is not particularly difficult to reckon. In order to achieve a perfect pyramid shape the proportions always have to be the same. It's simply a geometric constant.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Traditionaldrummer has a point triple, this is a place to share ideas, your's v. Mine, or similiar to similair view points on which members agree and share thier opinions. But you can not have skeptism with out believers and vise verce. We balance eachother out, like ying and yang, heaven and hell, there can not be one without the other and with respect we should all be allowed to explain our thoughts. As long as no one gets ignorant. LOL

Props to you, stargazer.
I tip my hat and offer my respect.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

I don't know of similar architectural design on mars, so let's just deal with earth. Also, I found nothing in google indicating that separate cultures designed pyramids of "the exact width and length". The Giza pyramid is not replicated anywhere else on earth by a separate culture.

I assume you most likely mean that the proportions were the same. This is not particularly difficult to reckon. In order to achieve a perfect pyramid shape the proportions always have to be the same. It's simply a geometric constant.

No Im trying to find information on a certain pyramid in south america that has the same exact width as the pyramid in Egypt. They said it once on the discovery channel about a year ago.. But I just found that odd. I will see you guys later to night as I do have house hold things to attend too.... Same Bat time...Same Bat Channel! LOL

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
welp once again i am out of context the response i received was as though all these alternative ideas are rubbish and how could anyone beleive them and i askd a question of what ideas brought you here so i may try to practice my skeptisism on an idea you beleive in that others may find to be outlandish and do it with little regard for an acodemic answer rather just an opinion such as drummers that ive insulted ancient people some how?

skeptisism keeps ats flowing towards a goal just dismissing ideas you dont agree with isnt skeptisism its ignorance??????

Be Well

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

To believers like us triple, sketpisim looks like ignorance becaue we are more knowledgable in these topics, we understand that the government hides things. And because they hide things it brings us to ask why. Why are they not truthful with what they know. What is it that their hiding. We research and research. Ive been researching these topics since 1998 when I was 12 years old. I am now 25 and have spent half of my life researching these things because of my intrest in wanting to know what is truely out there. I keep my mind open to questions.

But to the non believers who are perfectly happy in dealing with life obeying what they were taught in school and believing the government and taking their word for whats it worth and continuing on with their lives in the dark and being happy with not knowing and not even questioning the possibilities. We look like the crazies! LOL Just try not to take offense, they know not of what they say. Atleast we are trying to connect the obvious dots while they are to busy denying them.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

skeptisism keeps ats flowing towards a goal just dismissing ideas you dont agree with isnt skeptisism its ignorance??????

Be Well

I haven't displayed ignorance because I haven't ignored the evidence and reasoning presented in the topic. I have addressed some of it with arguments that counter the ancient alien hypothesis.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Just try not to take offense, they know not of what they say. Atleast we are trying to connect the obvious dots while they are to busy denying them.

Connecting dots is fine but at some point the hypothesis must be backed by facts. If there is no supporting evidence or the hypothesis can be falsified by other known facts, the others who point this out are not guilty of denial or ignorance. They're actually helping you by pointing out bad information in your hypothesis so that you can either address it or eliminate it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join