It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health Ministry Finds that Fluoridation Does Not Reduce Tooth Decay

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+50 more 
posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Health Ministry Finds that Fluoridation Does Not Reduce Tooth Decay

worldental.org

Statistics from a study conducted by the New Zealand Ministry of Health suggest that there are no advantages derived from fluoridation. These statistics actually match similar arguments set forth by the American Dental Association.

The latter organization conducted a large study on some 39000 American children and found that they did not derive any advantages from the use of fluoride. The process of fluoridation is the practice of adding fluoride minerals to a water source so that people can get exposed to the mineral through drinking water.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1-5-2010 by DimensionalDetective]

+13 more 
posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Now THIS is something that people need to sit up and pay attention to!

Why on earth are we being FORCED to consume fluoride in all of our water supplies?!?

There is SOMETHING behind this, and yes, I DO believe there are motives behind why TPTB are controlling our water supplies and forcing us to be infiltrated with this garbage.

My personal feeling is that it primarily has something to do with consciousness, such as David Icke suggests, sort of a "repressor" of consciousness awakening, via fluoride infiltrating and calcifying the pineal gland.

WHATEVER the motives behind this forced introduction of this junk into our water supplies, we now KNOW that it DOES NOT provide the supposed "benefits" that TPTB try to sell us on, so we need to DEMAND that these folks STOP FORCING us to consume it!

worldental.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this. Hopefully some people will realize that they are being poisoned now. But honestly I doubt it. I've told people I know about all the s*** in our water (flouride, lithium, prescription drugs, etc.) but they just say "well flouride is good for your teeth, and you have to drink water". Here is the motivation behind putting these things in the water: Making Prisoners "Stupid and Docile".

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Im with you on this one! LOVE the subject of fluoridation

well, i find it odd, infant toothpastes dont have fluroride, but grwon humans do. Thiers a baby water common in markets, thats puts fluoride in it. sick. and why its in our water is another thing. maybe so our intestines absorb it faster so it calcifys in our penial gland, joints and bones quicker?
How many times have medical companys been fined heavily, becuase of side effects from drugs, later to be found not good for you at all..thier was one recently glaxosmith and P&G i belive.
well, if thats how things work, how do we know then, the same thing fluoride? its all about $$$ and population control it seems.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I echo the thanks, if the govts keep on with the fluoridation of drinking water in the face of mounting evidence of harmful effects and a lack of positive effects we have to think there's something sinister in their actions.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Fluoride compounds which are put in water (fluoridation), toothpaste and supplement tablets (including some vitamins) were never tested for safety before approval. Recent independent research by scientists not associated with dental trade organizations has shown the following:

Neurotoxic and Lowers IQ
In 1995, neurotoxicologist and former Director of toxicology at Forsyth Dental Center in Boston, Dr. Phyllis Mullenix published research showing that fluoride built up in the brains of animals when exposed to moderate levels. Damage to the brain occured and the behavior patterns of the animals was adversely effected. Offspring of pregnant animals receiving relatively low doses of fluoride showed permanent effects to the brain which were seen as hyperactivity (ADD-like symptoms). Young animals and adult animals given fluoride experienced the opposite effect -- hypoactivity or sluggishness. The toxic effects of fluoride on the central nervous system was subsequently confirmed by previously-classified government research. Two new epidemiological studies which tend to confirm fluoride's neurotoxic effects on the brain have shown that children exposed to higher levels of fluoride had lower IQs.

A study published in Brain Research shows that rats drinking only 1 part per million fluoride (NaF) in water had histologic lesions in their brain similar to Alzheimer's disease and dementia. In addition, evidence was seen pointing to possible damage to the blood brain barrier from extended fluoride exposure. This study was the third in a series of papers published by Varner et al. Brain Research Vol. 784 No. 12 p 284-298 (1998). Results of this recent study and other studies showing significant dangers from low-level fluoride exposure were presented at a recent scientific symposium.

Causes Cancer
The Department of Health in New Jersey found that bone cancer in male children was between two and seven times greater in areas where water was fluoridated. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) researchers confirmed the bone cancer-causing effects of fluoride at low levels in an animal model. A new study has shown that fluoridation of water is linked to uterine cancer deaths.

Changes Bone Structure and Strength
Fluoride gradually builds up in the bones and causes adverse changes to the bone structure. Quite a few studies have shown that fluoridation leads to increases in hip fractures. The tensile strength of the hip is destroyed over time by fluoride ingestion.

Causes Birth Defects and Perinatal Deaths
A toxicologist in the United Kingdom recently found that perinatal deaths in a fluoridated area was 15% higher than in neighboring non-fluoridated areas. The fluoridated area had a higher socio-economic status and would have been expected to have less perinatal deaths. The fluoridated area also had a 30% higher rate of Down's Syndrome. Chile banned fluoridation because of research by the world-reknowned researcher, Dr Albert Schatz, which showed a link to infant deaths due to fluoridation.

Proven Ineffective
Fluoride compounds in water and in supplements do not provide any significant cavity-protecting effects. All of the recent large-scale studies of water fluoridation have shown that there are no positive effects. That is why countries without fluoridation have shown an equal improvement in dental health as those with fluoridation. (See Research Item #5.) There is scientific evidence that excessive fluoride exposure leads to increased levels of caries. Even pro-fluoridation scientists admit that there is not any properly-conducted research showing that fluoride supplements help prevent cavities. (Note: check vitamins carefully to be sure they do not include fluoride.)

Impairs Immune System
Independent research has shown that fluoride impairs the functioning of the immune system. In the United States, where toxic fluoride compounds are regularly added to water and given to children since the 1960s and 1970s, we are beginning to see an overwhelming number of people of that generation who are developing chronic immune system disorders.

Causes Acute Adverse Reactions
Several double-blind studies have shown that fluoridated water can often cause acute adverse reactions (in addition to the chronic poisoning effects discussed below). Some of the effects seen in double-blind studies include: gastrointestinal symptoms, stomatitis, joint pains, polydipsia, headaches, visual disturbances, muscular weakness, and extreme tiredness. An enlightening review of a book by one famous and well-respected researcher from The Netherlands who found adverse reactions in double-blind experiments can be read here.

Causes Initial Stages of Skeletal Fluorosis
Fluoride can cause severe skeletal fluorosis at high levels. Chronic, long-term exposure to levels of fluoride commonly found in water and food in the U.S. can cause the beginning stages of skeletal fluorosis including: pains in bones and joints, sensations of burning, pricking, and tingling in the limbs, muscle weakness, chronic fatigue, gastrointestinal disorders, reduced appetite, backache, osteoarthritis, etc. In fact, decades of ingestion of fluoride from water and other common sources can be expected to cause these symptoms in large numbers of people based on calculations of fluoride intake and excretion. (Keep in mind that fluoride is a cumulative poison since it builds up in the body of years.) Very few healthcare practitioners are capable of diagnosing such a condition because healthcare practitioners are not trained to test for or recognize the effects chronic poisoning from fluoride.

Increases Lead and Arsenic Exposure
Fluoride compounds put into water are often contaminated with lead, arsenic and radio nuclides since the fluoride compounds are toxic waste byproducts which largely come from pollution scrubbers of fertilizer plants. A study published in 2000 showed that the dumping of toxic silicofluoride compounds into water ("fluoridation") causes an increase in blood lead levels in children.

www.holisticmed.com...[/EX]

I have a new law to introduce. All Politicians, Lobbiest, Lawyers, and other Scum of the earth must take mandatory fluoride treatments! Any person that wishes to be a public Servant Shall Be Exempt.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I gave up fluoride toothpaste and ended up having a tooth crumble so I believe it does helps lessen tooth decay (for me anyway). I don't think putting it in drinking water would do anything but make people more controllable so I try avoid drinking it. I think I probably absorb some through the gums but it's limited.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Yeah thats some bad bad stuff right there. Read it was first used by the Nazi for mind control,lowering IQ's like it mentioned and among other things which put me to the direction that what i read was in fact true.

Also I think it was an article in the New York Times a while back saying this little boy had most of his teeth decayed and had to replace a few because of the fluoride in the water I believe it was, or it was toothpaste but mostly likely it was from the water.

I'm glad I hardly drink water then, its a once in a blue thing or if I have to take some meds. They always try to push me to drink water.

Can someone remind me do we really need to drink a lot water?

Seems like i'm living real good without it

[edit on 1-5-2010 by MilzGatez]

[edit on 1-5-2010 by MilzGatez]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

My personal feeling is that it primarily has something to do with consciousness, such as David Icke suggests, sort of a "repressor" of consciousness awakening, via fluoride infiltrating and calcifying the pineal gland.

WHATEVER the motives behind this forced introduction of this junk into our water supplies, we now KNOW that it DOES NOT provide the supposed "benefits" that TPTB try to sell us on, so we need to DEMAND that these folks STOP FORCING us to consume it!

I agree with you. I have stopped using fluoridated toothpaste for over a year and started gargling with food grade hydrogen peroxide. (look at my teeth
) I don't know what to do about avoiding it in the water.

The psychopaths that are running this show are trying to keep us from knowing who we really are.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley

I gave up fluoride toothpaste and ended up having a tooth crumble so I believe it does helps lessen tooth decay (for me anyway). I don't think putting it in drinking water would do anything but make people more controllable so I try avoid drinking it. I think I probably absorb some through the gums but it's limited.

I noted that when I gave up fluoride toothpaste I felt the early signs of decay after a month or so and started again, I think when you give up you have to replace fluoride with an adequate bactericide, as another poster said food grade hydrogen peroxide or maybe vodka

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I am really not surprised. Hydrogen peroxide huh? Is this safe? I may try it.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
i don't believe that this is entirely true because in the villages of Alaska most of the squaws have really jacked teeth and decaying but in anchorage were there is fluoride in the water people have not so decayed teeth. why would the "government" or whoever spend money on fluoride to slowly poison people just to make them less educated or slower? if they wanted people dumber there wouldn't be school funding.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
sonic.net...

'The flouride bibliography'.

Another great link with more studies and various info available from the home link. I once dug up a link by an ex-cheif of health down here in kiwiland. He was responsible for bringing flouridation in, then once he left his job and did his own research, he came out as one of its biggest opponents. I have tried previously to find this link a while back but it seems to have disappeared >_< was a real smoking gun.

Originally posted by alaskan_pwnerif they wanted people dumber there wouldn't be school funding.

People are not that stupid they would notice school funding, but feed them some tv or other indoctrination, then a toxic chemical is the best thing since sliced bread.

[edit on 1/5/10 by GhostR1der]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The first instance of fluoridated drinking water in history was in Germany's Nazi prison camps. The Gestapo had little concern about fluoride's supposed effect on children's teeth; their reason for mass-medicating water with sodium fluoride was to sterilize humans and force the people in their concentration camps into calm submission. (From "The Crime and Punishment of I.G. Farben" by Joseph Borkin.)

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Interesting I have to say. Now after listening to C2C with George Noory and Dr. Brownstien about Iodine and the Thyroid. We went right out bought his books, stopped using toothpaste with Flouride and also watched the baked goods we ate because of the Bromide. I would say two weeks into the Iodine treatment and a large curtain has lifted in my head. So in my opinion, yes they are keeping us in a fog. But don't believe me, do the research and try it for yourselves. What do you have to lose? It is unbelievable the fog we were in!

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
5 points to anyone who can tell me what type of fluoride compound they use in water, WITHOUT googling.

5 more points to anyone who can tell me how many different compounds their are involving fluoride.

I'm glad they did a study about how NaF (sodium fluoride) damages rats brains. Too bad that isn't what they use for the fluoridation of water. (Well not for the majority. I hear some areas still use it for god only knows why.)

By the way, for human beings, Fluorine passes through the system unless compounded with aluminum. Thing is aluminum serves no purpose for living organisms and cause the exact same problems as the study suggests NaF does. Interesting.

Could it be that maybe sodium fluoride is coming into contact with an aluminum compound that was ingested at or around the same time? Maybe the possibility that it is in the water as well?

But hey, everyone on ATS is a chemist when it comes to the Fluoridation process.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
If you read the warning on the back of toothpaste, it should become apparent that this "Fluoridation" of the water is some kind of mass poisoning done on purpose to keep people in zombie mode.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by seanizle

Worse...argument...ever. By that right, first aid cream is poison since it has a very similar warning. That goes for hydrogen peroxide too (as per an earlier poster in the thread).

Seriously, you are going to connect an overdose warning to poison? I could overdose on table salt if I really wanted to, so why not make a thread about table salt being poison. I hear water has killed people who drank too much too quickly, forget about fluoridation the water itself is poison.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I have stopped consuming Sodium Fluoride as much as possible. I say as much as possible because I'm sure it can be found in our foods that are processed using water. What about vegetables that absorb large amounts of water? Some people have argued with me that Fluoride is found in nature but it is Calcium Fluoride that is from nature not Sodium. I also stopped using antiperspirant in deodorants. The chemical Aluminum Zirconium can be found in 95 percent of underarm deodorants. The Aluminum helps stops perspiration but it's also absorbs into the body this way. That can't be good.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

its not about decay, but does help. my mom is a hygenist and its common in books to detail the differences between the time between having it and not having it being very beneficiary.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join