It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is america a muslim country? Obama said it is.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I don't know if that youtube vid is legit or if it has been debunked.

Not that it matters to me, I think, if that is what it is and most people want that, then so be it, I guess. But I don't like the idea of living under any religious heel. Under the christian nation, the one I use to live under, or so I thought, I didn't have to be involved or pray, I was free to go about my business as I saw fit. I don't have any intentions of praying five times a day while looking towards the oil fields of Meca. Will I eventully have to find another country to live in so that I can be free from encroching islamic indoctranation? Is our commander in chief really islamic?
I need to get out more often, I'm really way out of the loop of what is happening in this world. Things are moving way too fast.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Thanks for posting.

The bit were he says he is a Muslim is a slip of the tongue supposedly but you can tell the statement is so true to him because he does not even notice the slip up and the reporter has to correct him.

Here is where the statement of his comes from in an interview.

Re: Obama Admits Muslim Faith

And here is proof Obama was a Muslim.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Here in what is known as "the global west", we practice what are considered todays modern, western, monotheistic religions. Being a part of the global west, the united states is certainly a "muslim country", given that you interpret that for what it is.

Obama is not calling you a muslim or taking over your precious ideals, he is just stating facts. The united states is a muslim country, allowing the some 3 million muslims residing there to freely practice there religion.

If your talking about percentages, the states is predominantly christian. But i wouldn't call the united states a "christian county" for that reason, or any for that matter. he he

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Look, it doesn't matter to me whether Obama is a Muslim or not. He did study Islam and attended a Muslim school and makes no pretense that he didn't.

So what?

Frankly, maybe it's better if he is. So long as we continue to have a Christian-based government, meaning officials almost always claiming to be Christian, we will never have TRUE separation of church and state -- which is what we ultimately need. Nobody need feel isolated, nobody need feel persecuted, everybody just free to worship or not worship as they see fit.

At least having a Muslim as a President would put him on the opoosite end of religious majority in this country and would certainly lead to people begging for separation of church and state if for no other reason than to prevent the spread of Islam.

Right or wrong, I don't think Americans will handle: "Praise Be to Allah" at the end of every national address like we tolerate: "God Bless America".

So if anything, I think it would remove religion from government, not replace Christianity with Islam. At least not in the foreseeable future....

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trublue

Thanks for posting.

The bit were he says he is a Muslim is a slip of the tongue supposedly but you can tell the statement is so true to him because he does not even notice the slip up and the reporter has to correct him.

Here is where the statement of his comes from in an interview.

Re: Obama Admits Muslim Faith

Obama said he was a muslim in that video, it was the commentator that said he was a christian. Was the commentator puting words into Obama's mouth.

And here is proof Obama was a Muslim.

I think most people know/knew that Obama is muslim and still voted for him. Therefore america is open to becoming islamic. But there are many people like me who are fast asleep and will wake up some day with a rude awakening and discover that freedom as we knew it is history.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by gdeed]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by gdeed
Under the christian nation, the one I use to live under, or so I thought

What gave you that impression? Our government structure is amazingly secular and provides for religious tolerance.

In the video, Obama does NOT claim that America is a muslim country. What he said was that we're not a christian country (something Geo. Washington also wrote in the Treaty With Tripoli), and that given the population of muslims within our borders that we could be considered one of the largest muslim nations.

This video is intentionally misleading. Although Obama appears to be quite the shameless muslim apologist, the video makes deceptive claims that preface the hatchet job of sound bites. There are plenty of legitimate reasons to dislike Obama without resorting to a distortion of facts designed to raise the ire of American christians.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I would just like to post the 1st Amendment for people to see.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The seperation of church and state was not and never has been in the Constitution.

It keeps getting repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated just like other lies.

If you repeat a lie enough times.

That statement comes from a SC decision where the court decided to write "color of law" AGAIN.

Notice the first part-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

C'mon, a fifth grader could explain the meaning behind the sentence. You know, are you smarter than a fifth grader.

The government will not make a governmental based religion. You know, kind of like what ENGLAND had at the time. Also, the second part, or stopping any religion or exercise of.

Where do you see ANY reference of keeping religion out of government? They cannot pick any over another or pick one as the governmental religion.

Seems to me, people need to start thinking about what the founders meant, which I refer to as ORIGINAL INTENT.

If the government can decide just any component of the Constitution, means any damn thing they want, does that make the Constitution irrelevant?

As for Obama, he is the most transparent president ever, is what I have been told over and over and over and over and over.

Kind of the same technique?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SPACEYstranger

Obama is not calling you a muslim or taking over your precious ideals, he is just stating facts. The united states is a muslim country, allowing the some 3 million muslims residing there to freely practice there religion.

Obama doesn't know me so he is not calling me anything but he did say that america is a muslim country, which it surly is and growing by the day. Muslims are not the majority yet and therefore my "precious ideals" are safe for now. Well that's conforting.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I am NOT pro Obama but

IMO
this is a moot point

If he was a Muslim (currently)
then why did he choose to visit
Billy Graham (devout Christian)
last weekend for Prayer Day, when
he had the option to visit anybody
he wanted ??? Why didn't he attend
a Mosque instead???

Guilty by association I presume.

And his words on that video were taken
out of context to the McCain incident.

While I don't agree with everything
Obama does, I'm surely not gonna
stoop to the level of attacking his
religious views NOR incite fear to the
masses that he is gonna convert all
of America to Islam. I'll leave that
job to McCain and the GOP.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by gdeed

whats so bad about being a muslim country anyways? you act like its the worst possible end. I've seen some nasty stuff out of supposed "christian countries", as well as "jewish" and "muslim" countries. I like to believe that were beyond those classifications, though, besides israel (which really is a jewish country)

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SPACEYstranger
reply to post by gdeed

whats so bad about being a muslim country anyways? you act like its the worst possible end.

Well nothing if you are a muslim,
I'm not and I have no intention of becoming one. If america becomes a muslim country that would be a problem for people like me woudn't it, because I would be looked on as less than them and have fewer or no priviliges and no freedom to speak as I choose.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
I am NOT pro Obama but

IMO
this is a moot point

If he was a Muslim (currently)
then why did he choose to visit
Billy Graham (devout Christian)
last weekend for Prayer Day, when
he had the option to visit anybody
he wanted ??? Why didn't he attend
a Mosque instead???

He didn't run for president as a muslim he ran as a christian, so he has to play the part I guess.

And his words on that video were taken
out of context to the McCain incident.

You can take them words any which way you want, he still said them words.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

You can take them words any which way you want, he still said them words.

You need to review your video.

Obama did not say that America is a muslim country.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by traditionaldrummer]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Under the christian nation, the one I use to live under, or so I thought

What gave you that impression? Our government structure is amazingly secular and provides for religious tolerance.

Religious tolerance has good intentions but will prove to be america's achilles heel, is my opionion.

In the video, Obama does NOT claim that America is a muslim country. What he said was that we're not a christian country (something Geo. Washington also wrote in the Treaty With Tripoli), and that given the population of muslims within our borders that we could be considered one of the largest muslim nations.

I don't dispute that at all, we certainly could be on our way to becoming a muslim nation.

This video is intentionally misleading. Although Obama appears to be quite the shameless muslim apologist, the video makes deceptive claims that preface the hatchet job of sound bites. There are plenty of legitimate reasons to dislike Obama without resorting to a distortion of facts designed to raise the ire of American christians.

Was obama being "intentionally misleading" by not telling the american people that he is muslim when he was runing for president?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
wow people, chill [snip] out. I don't know how i feel about Obama but we have freedom of Religion in this country. That is why the country was formed, one of the main reasons. These kind of posts about religion are ridiculous. What, so only Western religions are okay? Like i've said before, Catholicism is just as bad as Islam. You guys both believe in prophets that were just men and not gods, you guys are arguing over the same BS.

Is America partyly Evil? YES.

Are some Islamic countries Partly Evil? YES

This is all a TRAP to get us fighting with someone. I would now like to quote Steve Langford from the Howard 100 News Department:

WHO GIVES A [SNIP]

Enjoy your lives, don't worry about any one else religion and smile.

Also, i bet if you add up the total people killed by each religion i am willing to bet Catholicism has killed more over religious reasons than Muslims.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2/5/10 by masqua]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Religious tolerance has good intentions but will prove to be america's achilles heel, is my opionion.

Do you want freedom of religion or state sanctioned religion?

I don't dispute that at all, we certainly could be on our way to becoming a muslim nation.

Thanks to the First Amendment, America will no more become a muslim nation that it will become a christian nation.

Was obama being "intentionally misleading" by not telling the american people that he is muslim when he was runing for president?

Sure. Politicians lie. That is not the issue. The issue is that the video claims Obama said we are a muslim nation. In fact, it's clear in the video that he did not.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012
wow people, chill [snip] out. I don't know how i feel about Obama but we have freedom of Religion in this country. That is why the country was formed, one of the main reasons. These kind of posts about religion are ridiculous. What, so only Western religions are okay? Like i've said before, Catholicism is just as bad as Islam. You guys both believe in prophets that were just men and not gods, you guys are arguing over the same BS.

I'm not a christian but I don't need to fear having my head chopped off if I criticise Christians. I do if I critisize muslims.

Is America partyly Evil? YES.

Are some Islamic countries Partly Evil? YES

In my book evil is lack of freedom. So far I'm able to say and do whatever I want here in america, if I was in an islamic country I would not have such freedoms.

This is all a TRAP to get us fighting with someone. I would now like to quote Steve Langford from the Howard 100 News Department:

WHO GIVES A [SNIP]

Those that don't give a [snip] live under the rules of those that do give a [snip].

Enjoy your lives, don't worry about any one else religion and smile.

And become a sheeple
sheeple are easier to rule over.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2/5/10 by masqua]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Ok. So do you really think america is going to magically become an islamic country? Is that what you are trying to tell me? You think that because obama may be muslim that he is going to force his believes on us? You really think that one person is going to force all these white people to convert to islam? You think that would ever happen when 50% of Americans believe in creationism?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Do you want freedom of religion or state sanctioned religion?

I want freedom from religion. I have that now, will I have that in the future? I guess it depends if america goes muslim.

Thanks to the First Amendment, America will no more become a muslim nation that it will become a christian nation.

If america is taken over all the Amendments will not mean squat. Countries come and go, that's the nature of the beast when people lose their way. America seems to be lost now days concering politics and religion.

Sure. Politicians lie. That is not the issue. The issue is that the video claims Obama said we are a muslim nation. In fact, it's clear in the video that he did not.

So you say that obama lied about his religion but you have issues with the video? If a person lies about one thing he or she probably lied about other things too. So can we believe anything about someone who has been caught in a lie?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012
Ok. So do you really think america is going to magically become an islamic country? Is that what you are trying to tell me? You think that because obama may be muslim that he is going to force his believes on us? You really think that one person is going to force all these white people to convert to islam? You think that would ever happen when 50% of Americans believe in creationism?

If america wants to become islamic so be it, america is "still" a free country and if the majority want islam they will have islam.

I don't believe it will happen magically overnight but then who knows we humans are certainly unpridictable don't you agree?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join