It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, Ive seen some here post about Alex Jones...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Whats the deal? I know he is over bearing and over the top at times, and a bit odd.

But........ He has done more to wake people up to some of the reality in our world than anyone I know of.

Ive only been listening to him for about a solid year or so, but Ive also researched some of his older stuff.

Does anyone have any lies hes said, or blatant falsehoods he has made?

I realize he is not for eveyone, but it seems like people really love to take pot shots at this guy without ever really giving any decent reasons. Other than him being a nut.

I agree with you that call him these things, I do too. I just want to know the dirt that makes some of you say the things you do...

(not directed at anyone specific really, but if you think Im talking about you, I may in fact be.)

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Look...there are dozens of threads just like this one throughout the archives of ATS.

Another "has Alex ever lied" thread.

Another "I'm new to Alex, why are people upset with him when he seems to be waking people up"?

Google the answer...

Like I said, there are many many threads just like this one that have come and gone on ATS.

From there you should be able to make a judgment on the guy (or not).

I only ask you are more careful with creating content on ATS. Of course you are free to continue creating threads like these if that is your goal.

Search is your friend.

PS- Alex once told his audience on New-years that Russia just launched a bunch of Nukes on America. People went nuts, but the next day Alex admitted to being wrong.

What a nice guy!

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Alex Jones eh?

Sensationalist, Fear Mongering, Cash Grabing, Fame Whore.

Those are pretty much the words that sum up Alex Jones.

Has he done good for the Conspiracy Community? Sure he has. He's woken up tons of people, done a lot to uncover the truth I will admit.

However, it's the "persona" he's created. This Alex Jones brand of truth through fear mongering.

And the whole Charlie Sheen thing last year really just made me loose all confidence in him. Completely.

I just watched Police State 4--Rise Of Fema, which you can see for free on Google Videos. It's just more of the same, fear mongering and out dated information.

Ohh, and a side note, he smells funny.

~Keeper

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
All of the above.

Plus a recent thread sourced from info wars:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What a doozy!

Wrong SWAT but don't let the truth get in the way of a good bit of fear mongering!

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Im sorry if the content of this thread is lacking for some, or if my laziness is an issue, since I didnt bother to search for someone elses opinion.

I try to ask the questions I have, even if someone else has asked it already. I think thats safe to assume for just about any and every question any one asks.

The Russia nukes thing Ill have to look into, but if true, thats just messed up.

The Charlie Sheen issue I understand, Charlie is a nut. But, he does have a right to be heard and Alex has a right to hear him. I found most of what he said about 9-11 decent and well said, but he is still a nut.

And I think Charlie Sheen was a disinfo agent personally. Look at him now, he is making himself into a bigger nut to demonize truthers in general.

Ill end this there though. I dont want to take up bandwidth that can be used for more up to date and interesting threads.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I am beginning to change my mind about him, but I'm not sure if it is because I have outgrown him or if it is because I'm picking up on so many of his and his websites either mistakes or blantant lies.

He recently spoke on air about secret sources about the border wars in Texas that the Army was executing drug smugglers. He said he would provide articles after the show was over. I defended him on this forum and two weeks later no documents. There is currently an article running about Obama sending SWAT teams to the oil spill in the Gulf and how it's a backdoor to Nationalization of the oil industry. After researching it isn't police SWAT, but an aquatic team with the acronym SWAT. The Charlie Sheen thing cost him a lot of hard earned viewers as did the year 2000 stunt he pulled. Then there is the prognostication about 9/11 when it was Bill Cooper who predicted it, he copied the guy and he claimed it was his own idea. Then there was the bullhorning incident a couple of months ago at a rally in Austin. He went into a peaceful event and whipped everyone into a frenzy then calling people names for them taking exception to his provocateuring. He was asked to speak at the rally and was given a spot to speak between other guests, but he showed up on the streetcorner bullhorning passerbys and making the rally look like a bad thing.

I could site a laundry list of things that I and many others have uncovered, however the same can be said about things that he has factually uncovered and are of utmost importance. He is always going off about Glenn Beck, but at times he does the very same thing.

If he holds others to extremely high standards then he should also hold himself to those very same standards, not make excuses like he is way over his head or don't just believe me, do your own research and conduct himself in a way that gives him credibility with journalistic integrity.

He has woken many people up, but I begin to ask myself why when so many of those very same people get misled. He may be Cointelpro, who knows, but I still keep an eye out for what is being published on his sites. All the while being watchful and vigilant that the truth is actually being reported and doing it in a way that doesn't cause me to get wrapped up with the sensationalism and sometimes misleading information that he reports.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Goethe

He also lied about Bill Cooper (someone else on ATS showed me this I'm just passing it on).

(sorry about the annoying effects at the beginning, it stops after a couple minutes).

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by time91

Thank you for mentioning this. I was just about to when I was reading the fourth response to this thread and I had to scroll down to see if anyone else caught it first. Thanks again. RIP Bill....

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
He is waking people up. He has been waking people up for a long long time. He woke me up about 20 years ago. He woke me up to the government poisoning us, corraling us, implementing marshal law, cps stealling our children, fema camps, the UN takeover of our national parks, etc.

The problem...

I have been awake for 20 years now and the only thing that has come of anything Alex has squawked on about is my deep subconscious urgers to hoard food and buy gold. How long will he be "waking people up?" Will the next president be implementing Marshal Law just like Obama is gonna? You know, just like Bush was gonna? Just like when Clinton was gonna?

If that is awake, I much prefer sleep.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Ahhhhhhhhhh, I almost forgot about Bill Cooper. Yes, this is where I doubt AJ. Bill Cooper was a guy my dad told me about years ago, but I was busy chasing ass.

Now Im chasing truth...

Some of the recent posts to this thread have brought some very good, specific issues up and I will look into them, since Im new to him still somewhat.

Thank you, most do not offer specific items up like some of you have.

(i guess asking my question worked out after all huh?
)

Could he be another Hal Turner?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Goethe

You know what I did a few times. I know it sounds nerdy and it takes up a good chunk of a day but it was worth it. Listen to his show with a pen and notebook.

Any time he says something is "proven, declassified, admitted, uncovered, documented, etc. FOLKS!" Write down the fact that preceded that declaratons of truth. You will be busy. He tosses a lot of "facts" out during a 4 hour show - 3 on the radio here. If he states it is known or proven to be true in any way, write that down.

Then go look all of those "facts" up. If you find better than 3% accuracy you will have me beat by a long shot.

p.s. by look up, I mean...

If he says it is "admitted" find the admission and research the admitter.
If he says it is "documented" find the document and source it.

I know those are a couple of his favorites.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I think you sound well thought out and well researched. I too do this. Alot with everyone I listen too.

But, Ive printed out a ton of documents he talks about, and most of them check out.

I have over 18gigs of info and pdfs from govt sites he says to check out, and sure enough, most of them are there.

With what Ive looked into so far, he is above 85% on. ( I havent listened to him as long as some of you though.)

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Goethe

Alex jones is a Rothschild Puppet ,believe it or not , Alex jones was on friends list of sir Evelyn De Rothschild. Evelyn deleted him from friends list, AS this came to be known on Henry Makow's website save the males.ca

Even I had SEEN ALEX JONES ON EVELYN ROTHSCHILD'S FRIEND LIST AND I SWEAR THIS IN THE NAME OF GOD !! ALEX JONES IS FALSE OPPOSITION.

www.henrymakow.com...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
That doesnt make him an agent of the Rothchilds...

All that means is he clicked a button to follow someones page.

I do that with all types of people I hate and would love to see in prison forever... I.E. The U.N. and others

This does not mean I work for them.

top topics

join