It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I think 2012 will play out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Katla is probably going to erupt, and this will cause a chain reaction of events that will break apart the entire Establishment of this planet.

Why do I think Katla will erupt? Simple math:

1) Katla is overdue
2) The last 3 times the little volcano erupted, Katla followed in 6 months

Which means, that before November 1, 2010, there is WELL over a 50% chance Katla will blow.

Katla is about ten times as powerful as the one that just went off and I'm not going to try to spell.
Which isn't enough to destroy the world, but it is enough to make the world colder for a while and to shut off air traffic to the extent the airlines would go out of business.

Once the airlines go out of business, the entire economy will plunge into a complete depression. People will turn against their governments worldwide and the entire order of global civilization will fall apart.

The Revolutions of 2011 will be the true "end of history" that was foolishly proclaimed in 1989, when Communism fell. The post-2011 world will be stateless. People will live in communities and govern themselves.

The Aquarian Age will begin. At first, it will be rough, but over time, the world will become more and more utopian, freed from the Establishment.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
The only problem with your theory is that Katla has erupted a number of times in the last hundred years, and humanity is still here. There is nothing right now that suggests this Katla eruption, should it even happen, will be the end of our existence.

The last major eruption occurred in 1918, although there may have been a couple small eruptions that did not break the ice cover: one in 1955[1] and another 1999[2]. Since 930, 16 eruptions have been documented.

Link: en.wikipedia.org...

If you want to create a doomsday scenario with a volcano, you'd be better off watching the one in Italy or Yellowstone.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Well,

that's interesting.

I do know that Katla would be of significant trouble if it were to have a Major Eruption.

And the data does seem to point to it following the one I cannot try to spell either

Seems awfully similar to the Web Bot predictions. Which scares the crap out of me really.

Although I don't think it would extend as far as 2012. I'm assuming Volcanoes don't erupt heavily for 2 years or more. Although I'm probably wrong.

It would certainly hurt European Air Traffic, but I think we in the west, Asia and parts of the Middle East would be relatively OK.

~Keeper

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
The only problem with your theory is that Katla has erupted a number of times in the last hundred years, and humanity is still here. There is nothing right now that suggests this Katla eruption, should it even happen, will be the end of our existence.

the problem is, 100, or even 30, years ago, we weren't as globally connected as we are now.

if the airlines go out, the whole economy goes out - and that means global collapse of the "system".

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Yes, but the picture you try to paint is that of the end of humanity. Even if every airplane in the entire world was prevented from ever being able to fly again, it would not be the end of humanity. Plus, I don't think Katla has this kind of power anyway.

Humans are incredibly resistant. A lack of air travel is not going to wipe us out. Those are modern conveniences that make life easier, they are not the end all be all to our existence.

Edit to add: I basically think that going from Katla, to the end of airplanes, to the system collapsing around the world, to government revolt, and ultimately our demise, is a bit of a stretch. Just my opinion.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by lpowell0627]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
If air travel ever goes out, we would simply revert back to using boats again, plus aviation would still be possible in ash cloud windows assuming that the volcano doesn't constantly spew out ash. It would certainly hurt the economy somewhat, but it wouldn't (in my mind) be all that damning.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
OP just because airlines are disrupted and it gets colder does not equal end of humanity.. There are plenty of Burlington coat factories to go around.. ...Most of the worlds commodities are shipped via barge, train and such...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I love when people try to make predictions about supervolcanos, because there is always a gap of atleast a thousand years, hardly 50%.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I wonder why Katla is chosen since there have been many large reuptions in the world and even in Europe over recent years. Indonesia has something like 12 active volcanoes that are active on average. That's a lot of dust going into the air. Wasn't it a flight near Indonesia that showed the danger of volcanic activity and aviation?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
anyway, i never said the world will end, all i was saying is Katla is likely to be the catalyst that will throw us into a new (hopefully better!!!!) age.

and it will likely be prior to 2012, though it's possible Iceland will still being erupting as late as 2012 - an early 19th century eruption lasted 2 years.

new topics

top topics

join