It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

596 immigrants convicted of crimes nabbed in South

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

596 immigrants convicted of crimes nabbed in South

www.breitbart.com

ATLANTA (AP) - Federal agents say they have arrested 596 immigrants with criminal records during a three-day immigration enforcement sweep across the Southeast.

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials said Friday that the operation, dubbed Operation Cross Check, was the largest ever conducted by the agency targeting foreign nationals convicted of crimes. They said the immigrants have already served their sentences and authorities will now seek to deport them.

Atlanta ICE Field Director Felicia Skinner says that "communities around the Southeast are safer than they were before
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.coosavalleynews.com

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Honestly , i think its about time states deport all illegal immigrates starting with those that have criminal records. Three of the arrested were convicted murderers, 26 were sex offenders and more than 250 were convicted on drug charges. What surprises me here is this was done by the feds , not the state. i hope to see this happening in more states soon. If not in ten years we may all be speaking Spanish. (cool language but I prefer English)

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Why not just frikin' deport these criminals, why make them serve their sentence on our frikin' dime. I applaud them for apprehension but I do not agree with detaining illegals on the taxpayers dime. For every illegal detained, Mexico has to cough up the dough.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Several items:
1) This took them 3 days to pick up that many illegale immigrants? Why now, why not all along? Looks like the new AZ law is having ramifications to make the federal government do their jobs and actually enforce the law.
2) The reason for not sending them back, is that they did break the laws of the country, they are accused of murder, assult and drugs. If it was non violent crimes, then I would say deport, but the other crimes, throw the book at them and make sure that they are in prisons where they do not speak spanish. Time to crack down and make sure that when they do get out, it is a one way ticket home, or ship the bodies home and the message that illegale immigration will no longer be tolerated in the US.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

We don't have ticker tape parades any more. Maybe we should bring them back. All this was accomplished using regular Elliot Ness style police work, and they did it without a bass ackwards law like the Unconstitutional one enacted in Arizona. Good for them.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Awesome job getting this scum off of the streets, and hopefully out of the country. Imagine the success when the new law in Arizona takes effect. I personally can't wait.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
reply to post by bluemooone2

We don't have ticker tape parades any more. Maybe we should bring them back. All this was accomplished using regular Elliot Ness style police work, and they did it without a bass ackwards law like the Unconstitutional one enacted in Arizona. Good for them.

No, Its because of the already in place FEDERAL LAW they finally took action. They saw that if they didn't take action more states will go the route Arizona had chosen. Look for more roundups in states all thanks to Arizona.

join