It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy New Year to the Satanists. Mayday, Mayday, Mayday.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
There has been a great deal of discussion about today, so I thought we could start a thread about it.

What do you Satanists have planned for today. A large blood sacrifice? Or will you be quiet to honor your god?

The Illuminati were founded in Germany on May 1st, 1776 by Adam Weishaupt, a law professor who aimed to accelerate the adoption of Enlightenment ideals like science and atheism. What made the society strange were the means to its end, the use of occultism, religious belief and hierarchy to reach these goals.

www.amazon.com...

I welcome any insight into events in history on this day.

I believe, and this is just my opinion, that evil spirits are at their height between May 1st, and May 5th. That's why Latinos celebrate May 5th, the end of the days of evil.

PS. Meant to ask, why do pilots say Mayday, Mayday, Mayday?

[edit on 1-5-2010 by 911stinks]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Where does Satanism come into play? Surely you don't believe that "the use of occultism, religious belief, and hierarchy" refer to Satanism.

Mayday is the holiday for workers and labor unions in most nations except the US. It typically involves marching on streets and not working.

The mayday callsign was originated in 1923 by Frederick Stanley Mockford (1897–1962).[5] A senior radio officer at Croydon Airport in London, Mockford was asked to think of a word that would indicate distress and would easily be understood by all pilots and ground staff in an emergency. Since much of the traffic at the time was between Croydon and Le Bourget Airport in Paris, he proposed the word mayday from the French word m’aider. The phrase "Venez m'aider" means "(you) come help me."[6]
-Wikipedia is your friend.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by fleetlord

The month of may, the 5th on our calendar is named after the Roman goddess Maia Maiestas, "Maia the Majestic", Alternate names: Maiesta, Maja, Majestas, Majesty. (origin of the word MAGIC) which is essentially a doubling of Her name to indicate Her power, as both "Maia" and "Maiestas" have their roots in latin magnus, "great or powerful". She was honored by the Romans on the 1st and 15th of May, and at the Volcanalia of August 23rd, the holiday of Her sometimes husband, the Fire-God Vulcan. She was also associated with Ops,(note: meaning "eye" in Greek) the Earth-Goddess who symbolizes the wealth of the Earth.

In ancient Rome, the flamen Volcanalis, the priest who officially oversaw the rites of Vulcan, sacrificed a pregnant sow to Maia on the first day of May.

The following pagan / satanic feast days centered around the "Swine flu pandemic" are:

April 19: Day of Sacrifice to Baal/Moloch

April 24: St. Marks Eve (News of Swine flu breaks in the USA)

April 26 - May 1: Corpus De Baal (body of Baal)

April 30: Beltane. Satanic High Feast of Walpurgis

May 1: May Day Satanic New Year's Day

www.rumormillnews.com...

I don't know, the suspicious oil spill and all.....

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please make sure every post matters.
Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.
Edit-down your quoted posts to the important part.
Don't use "txting" shorthand in posts.
Use snippets and links for external content.
Provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

[edit on 2/5/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Well, if you are getting your information from that site, its no wonder why theres some confusion.
I will set aside how the site lumps pagan/satanists together in a very inaccurate manner, and focus on the holidays. Not a single religion that has a significant amount of followers (which would include pagainsm, satanism, christianity , etc...) set up its holidays around the Swine Flu epidemic. That is absurd to think that some religions would change their calendar based upon some disease.

The only holiday on that list that I can vouch for is Beltane. Beltane is a legitimate holiday for most neo-pagan religions. I don't know about satanism though.

I could not find
Day of Sacrifice to Baal/Moloch
Corpus De Baal
Satanic High Feast of Walpurgis
Satanic New Year's Day

I will need a more reputable source, since I could tell by the title that it wasn't any good.
Title: "In Response To: What if ALL the PIGS Being Killed in Egypt is a Sacrifice to Honor Horus/Obama? (Rayelan)"

And are you implying that satanists sabotaged the oil rig?

[edit on 1-5-2010 by fleetlord]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 911stinks

Well I can't speak for Satanists but as a practicing Witch I can tell you that today ... 1st May is our Beltane Sabbat;

BELTANE SABBAT - Is an old Celtic Fire-festival that symbolizes the mating / handfasting (Pagan Marriage) between PAN (God of untamed nature and wild places) and BEL (Goddess of fire and fertility).

The sabbat celebrates the return of full-blown fertility returning to the Earth ... the mating of the God and Goddess is represented by the Maypole (male phallus) and wildflower circlets placed atop the Maypole (the feminine) ... the whole ceremony is the representation and celebration of the mating between the God and Goddess called 'THE GREAT RITE' or 'HIEROS GAMMOS'.

Quite ironic that this ritual is still acknowledged in some villages (usually organized by the church / parish council) where people dance around the Maypole to celebrate Mayday ... if only they knew what the symbolism was behind the practice.

But having said that I have never heard of this day representing anything particular to Satanists

Have a very Happy Beltane - Woody

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

The only God that I know is a singular God, and may have other gods beneath Him, but He tells us, to put no other god, idols before Him, because
He is a jealous God.

Ever been jealous?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I believe, wait, I know that all religious or other falacies of paganism and such is a bunch of BS.

The Natives peoples of America had it right, one with the earth and that is it, no BS. No gods, no symbolism outside of nature itself. The use of feathers and sage to pay homage and thanks to the earth for providing. All else is BS, no need for satanic symbols or cartoon characters.

I think that is the biggest problem, people identify with EVERYTHING ELSE other than themselves, do you not believe in yourself? Yell MAYDAY!!!!!!

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by 911stinks
The only God that I know is a singular God, and may have other gods beneath Him, but He tells us, to put no other god, idols before Him, because
He is a jealous God.

Ever been jealous?

Okey dokey
not quite sure of your point there sugar but I actually agree ... there is only one God (sorry to disappoint you) when a Witch talks of God / Goddess they are talking about the multiple facets of the one God who is both masculine and feminine.

As for idols ... well most churches I've ever been in have statues (idols) of Jesus on the cross or Mary with a baby Jesus ... what are these if not idols ???

The God / Goddess depictions of Witches represent the different aspects of the nature of the world that GOD created.

I hope this helps clear up the misunderstanding ... but I somehow get the feeling from your 1st reply that you are just looking for an argument ... sorry I won't oblige you there.

Woody

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Weird, I just found this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Wow, I thought Samhain was new years....at least it is in our house. As a Pagan, this is just ridiculous and seems like an attempt to introduce further trolling on these boards, not gonna bite.

edited to ad And a Blessed Beltane to you Woodwytch....

[edit on 1-5-2010 by adifferentbreed]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
thought I would just add to the topic with a little information

China celebrates the start of Shanghai World Expo 2010 with incredible opening ceremony

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... zz0mgbfAEiy

China holds the Olympics and a small skirmish broke out in South Osetia.

World Expo kicked off on 1st of May 2010

make out of it what you will, that was one big party that cost a lot of money to pull off

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

That's interesting. Looks like a huge international event. Sarkosy was there, 2300 entertainers, billions spent on attractions,

and not a word in the MSM. Hmmm.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Anton LaVey officially formed the church of Satan on the night of April 30-May 1, 1966

altreligion.about.com...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I just found an article I though was interesting.

A massive blizzard is raging on Saturn — a storm so large and fierce NASA astronomers and amateur skywatchers can see it from Earth.

news.yahoo.com...

It was actually posted yesterday. Saturn has long been associated with Satan.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

While I am not a Satanist, my understanding is that it has nothing to do with "Satan".. it is about self?

Any Satanist feel free to correct me.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Thought this article was interesting

5/1/10 12:44 AM
U.S. Army Trains To Confront Tea Party Terrorists

Military personnel blow the whistle on exercise which involved troops taking protesters to concentration camps n a shocking development that outstrips even the infamous MIAC report, it has emerged via whistleblowers that the U.S. Military in Kentucky is training to confront Tea Party protesters and anti-government demonstrators, who in official intelligence advisories are described as bomb-making terrorists

my.auburnjournal.com...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Sorry to burst your bubble, but theres no Satanist "hidden" meaning here..LOL

FIrst of all, Cinco de Mayo (May 5th) is a political celebration, not a spiritual one. (kinda like July 4th in America). Please do at least a modicum of research before wildly speculating.

As for "Mayday" as a distress call, it is almost universally accepted that it is a homonym for the French phrase "M'Aidez" - the imperitive mode of "Help me!"

Nothing to see here. Move along!

[edit on 1-5-2010 by Tholidor]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Thank you my dear ATS family.

You now destroyed one of the fondest memories I had as a young school girl in the 1950's.

May 1 was a day that we celebrated with several of us young girls holding a ribbon tied at the top of the May Pole and dancing around the pole in a circle.

That act would begin our May Day festival with various entertainment throughout the school day.

Our parents were always so very proud when their child was picked to hold the ribbon and dance the May Pole dance.

Makes me wonder now because we have several covens in our area and the islands around us.

Also Voodoo was well established when the slaves from Africa were brought to Jekyll Island which is the playground of me as a child and all the children in this area even to present day. Should have named it Inverness.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
See if you can read the doublespeak and symbolism in the following excerpt.

A large pig rooted through debris of a fallen home and demolished hog pen in Scotland on Saturday morning, while chain saws buzzed nearby as fallen trees were cleared from roadways.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
yet another Satan thread...

new topics

top topics

join