It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you a skeptic or a establishment defender?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
"Remember folks, a true skeptic is willing to challenge authority and orthodoxy, and apply his critical thinking and skepticism in that direction. Those who absolutely cannot are not skeptics, they are establishment defenders. Randi, Shermer, CSICOP, the BadAstronomy.com folks, the Mythbusters, Penn and Teller, and the skeptics on my SCEPCOP forum are establishment defenders, not true skeptics.

These establishment defenders were taught in high school that "authority = truth" and therefore is never to be questioned, and that doing and believing what you're told leads to reward, while the opposite leads to punishment. They are unable to free themselves of their programming and conditioning, so in that sense, they are not "freethinkers".

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
First and foremost, I want to thank WWu777, not just for making that quote, but also wake up a part in me and answered a very important questions, a very personal question.
Are you a skeptic or are you a establishment defender?
The way I see it, it's really the conspiracy theorist who are the "true skeptics" in that they (we) are the ones who question everything in the first place and gives you "establishment defenders" something to debate about.

This pertains not only to the Moon landing hoax the above link asserts to, but to every single event in history.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by thereaintnospoon]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Actually I don't think Penn and Teller are completely pro-establishment. I loved the skit they did when they basically showed how full of crap the UN was.

join