It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion is slavery, and god is obsolete.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I believe in something, but not an entity that can be manipulated by Humans to fit their own personal egotistical agenda and can also be exploited as "This is the Way"

That is why I am disgusted with man made religions using their sway to leverage their way into the influence of Governments as a further control of peoples lives and a brake on human scientific discoveries and help for the sick

stem cell research an example

[edit on 1-5-2010 by dalek]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by deenuu

What if they are all different names for the same being hm? With certain humans twisting things for their own greedy purposes. "Maybe it doesn't matter how we pray just that we pray." -Captain Sinclair Babylon 5 Since we are playing what if.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Intuitiveaptitude2009

I have along with the old testament. I agree if people followed the good books we would be better off.
However, there are always greedy or eevol people that won't.
But srsly from a logical stanpoint i can't believe half the magical crap that happens in those books.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by deenuu
reply to post by novastrike81

Just look at it this way: I'd rather live my life as there was a God, and find out there wasn't (when I die). Then live my life as there was no God, and find out there was.

What happens if you die and God is an Islamic, hindi or ancient Greek GOD and doesent want you? or if you die and its just like before you were born.. NOTHING, would the sacrifices you make in your life for your god be worth it?

The chances of you dying and getting the chance to kneel in front of your idea of god are pretty slim once you take the time to really think about it.

Food for thought

Because Jesus Christ himself said in John 14:6 "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." If you think Jesus Christ is fake go look up the history, namely the Roman Archives, and look for the ruler Tiberius. He reigned during the year of Christ (Christus) and his governor, Pontius Pilate, is the one who ordered his execution.

Even though each religion says it is correct, they all establish moral values that represent the same views we as humans should be striving for. All the others don't have their proverbial "prophet" being crucified and rising three days later. It's pretty clear the change in history once Jesus Christ died and the eye witness accounts given the in Bible; and probably documented somewhere, that support his return from death. You can see a noticeable change in behavior that most people accepted Christianity around the time of his death. That can't be mere coincidence from just one guy proclaiming to be "the Son of God" as we have seen many in the past claim to be. Only Jesus resurrected and that should be proof enough.

It's also quite shallow of you to attack my beliefs and make me disbelieve when I have done nothing to warrant an attack from you. I'm not calling you out because you don't believe. One day you will find out the truth, as we all will. Go play Dante's Inferno, even though a video game and a Catholic interpretation of Hell, you should still understand what's going to happen once you get there. Hearing the cries for Jesus and God and how you wish to be forgiven. That's going to be you one day whether you believe it or not. I can't make you convert to anything it's a decision you need to make. Hopefully you will realize this as I did last year. There are more things in life more important than you, and you is not you it's in general to everyone. I'm not trying to single you out.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by novastrike81]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

You mean skeptical standpoint.... Which is fine btw.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by time91

Agreed. We humans need to be put in a environment where if we fail our whole live's aren't over eg "bad credit ratings, debt, bankruptcy, home repossesion, homelessness, alcohol and drug abuse. But instead be encouraged to take a chance to make a better living for ourselves. But certain things should be guaranteed like; having a home to come back to, having heating, hot water, vegetables and fruits. Just the basics not fancy tv's and nike air max shoes!. But not just for us for EVERYBODY. I mean come on people across the world are starving to death right now, all i'm saying is everybody deserve's a equal amount of everything.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
All I have to say is that even though I live in America, it is not my country. The world is my country and my religion is to do good. I am my own God. I am the best in the world but I am no better than anyone else on the soul level. I do not blindly follow a book that I know have been rewritten hundreds if not thousands of times to suit the needs of the rulers of the world. The bible is a book that has been fixed to be like the description of the christian devil/lower astral being. It has some good teachings and knowledgeable things, but these few things are mixed with many lies, much disinfo and misinformation. Everyone says that they are doing things out of free will, but you are not doing things out of free will if you are lied to and manipulated like a tool. WHY DOES RELIGION WORK ON HUMANITY? Simple, its humanity's low self esteem and faith in itself in general. U think ur not good or powerful enough to do this and that so u rely on something that you think or want to think is more powerful and better than you.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Im a fan of what ifs for this topic, because people generally speak with out really thinking for themselves.

If that were true that would validate my beliefs that man manipulates religion to suit themselves.

Now we could debate all day if the is an almighty creator. I say no and because there is no evidence what-so-ever of god and because of that I think this is one of the best conspiracies out there, religion actually offends me that’s why I enjoy debating about it. I am spiritual the wonders of our universe, our mind and life itself provide enough tangible mystery for me however I don’t anthropomorphize nature, there’s no judgment or rules or right or wrong, pain or eternal happiness they are all human emotions just life really very simple. Life is god.

I don’t care what the next person believes, im not out to convert anyone however Religion runs through my community, my work place, and sadly my government, how can we evolve when religion is dumping the world down.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I believe that "god" is that which is responsible for creation and consciousness.

You dont have to personify the idea.

Instead of abolishing god, why dont we just update our definition?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutlanderHuman24
All I have to say is that even though I live in America, it is not my country. The world is my country and my religion is to do good. I am my own God. I am the best in the world but I am no better than anyone else on the soul level. I do not blindly follow a book that I know have been rewritten hundreds if not thousands of times to suit the needs of the rulers of the world. The bible is a book that has been fixed to be like the description of the christian devil/lower astral being. It has some good teachings and knowledgeable things, but these few things are mixed with many lies, much disinfo and misinformation. Everyone says that they are doing things out of free will, but you are not doing things out of free will if you are lied to and manipulated like a tool. WHY DOES RELIGION WORK ON HUMANITY? Simple, its humanity's low self esteem and faith in itself in general. U think ur not good or powerful enough to do this and that so u rely on something that you think or want to think is more powerful and better than you.

I'm pretty sure the world doesn't go off the Bible as it's means to rule. Most rulers persecuted believers in the day; you should do your research. Nero is one of those such rulers who killed Christians for not believing in their gods. The bible is not represented on a christian god but of greek mythology, the god of Pan. Stop being ignorant you, and most people don't understand the Bible because you never took the time to read and understand it. Yes it's got it's moral stories, every religious book does.

I believe in God because I believe in something other than myself. I put God and others before me. I'm not selfish like you are claiming to be. I'm not the best at everything and I'm damn sure I can be better at things then you are... god with a lower case g because you aren't all powerful and divine.

So now that that is covered; please point out the lies, disinfo that you claim is there. I can say you are in fact misinformed.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Two different things religion and god. I won't go into what god means to me. But god doesn't have "Total control over you" you are given free will to do what you wish. Religion I could understand trying to control, but don't get the two mixed up.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by Intuitiveaptitude2009

But srsly from a logical stanpoint i can't believe half the magical crap that happens in those books.

Its true there will always be evil people but i know the good people outweigh them! I know what you mean but don't you think its possible i do ? Couldn't you imagine being connected to YHWH and having the power to make the world peaceful, positive and wonderful ?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
God and religion are not the same thing.

I don't follow any religion yet I know that there is more than we can understand about this reality we find ourselves in. You find God in your own reality...no one can tell you how to do it.

Quit taking your anger at religion out on God. Religion is simply man's imperfect. flawed attempt at explaining God. Nothing more.

Lighten up.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by pr0digy
reply to post by DangerDeath

Two different things religion and god. I won't go into what god means to me. But god doesn't have "Total control over you" you are given free will to do what you wish. Religion I could understand trying to control, but don't get the two mixed up.

God doesn't have "total control over us" in the way you may be implying. We are given free will to do as we please, that's true. God gave us rules to follow just like there are rules to follow in life now. You have them as kids, and you have the law as adults. Just because the rules are there doesn't mean we listen to them do we? No we sin, break the rules, and God may choose to punish us with something minimal or severe later down the road. Every decision has a consequence and one day you will answer for everything you've done. That's life, not control don't get them confused. If it weren't for rules what would we be other then animals?

You can look at in a way as control but there is control elsewhere in life with similar consequences. Like the above poster said, stop blaming God for things you don't understand or wish to believe in.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by novastrike81]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I'm not sure if you were speaking to me or the person I replied to? I think you have to two confused, because I was basically trying to say what you said. But thanks for the greater detail.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by pr0digy

I'm not sure if you were speaking to me or the person I replied to? I think you have to two confused, because I was basically trying to say what you said. But thanks for the greater detail.

Well I guess I was just adding on to yours then, lol. Oh well point made, I think.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
without reading all the replies and simply kicking the same old dead dog I will reply to the op.
This is true, but I doubt for the same reasons as the op intended.
God the Father truly HATES religion.
Religion is the favorite tool and invention of the evil one, the deciever, the liar of old, the great counterfeiter and enemy to man.

I mean, look at all the venom that comes from even discussing it.
Jesus was clear on what He considered to be true religion. I'll bet most here do not know what He taught about it.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2112

Personal belief? Well, it's like Glenn Danzig said... "Religion is whatever gets you through the day." I have my own which incorporate a belief in God, karma and reincarnation... this is not up for debate. It is what I believe. It neither warrants questioning in my mind nor does it warrant going to church and tithing. If I were to step back and look at this belief objectively, it would appear to me to be neither enslaving nor de-powering. It is, for lack of a better phrase, what it is.

There's a distinction to be made that seems lacking in this thread IMO.

I think the distinction could be: personal God is not obsolete, but mass religion probably should be more and more obsolete, as far as affecting anything outside the church goes.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Gday mate, please don’t see my post as an attack, I didn’t mean to call you out and I have no ill feelings towards yourself.

I trust the bible as much as I trust the words on this site

Because Jesus Christ himself said in John 14:6 "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Did you hear these words spoken? Did you see Jesus walk on water, or rise from the dead?? No-one alive did all we have is the bible, which in my opinion was written and faked by the Romans for many reasons. I don’t mean to single out Christianity here however Catholicism was forced on me from birth and went to catholic schools so I know that Religion well.

Hell, now that’s a funny one, Notice how if you are good and do the things that the Religious system tells you to you will go to heaven and experience eternal happiness, and if you are bad you go to hell and you experience eternal damnation, Cant you tell a human made that up?? It’s the old duality and it works like a gem take Yin and Yang for example or black and white or night and day give those human emotions and bam you have a perfect reward system to keep people in line. Just like adult Santa clause.

I don’t want to change anyone’s beliefs in fact I would hate for my words to change anyone’s opinion but I love a good debate about religion so once again please don’t take this as an attack.

Last thing If Jesus died and rose, why can you or I or someone else do the same thing, if god is all powerful It would want people to believe, not let people fight and war for thousands of years, so if God is real and I don’t mean to offend anyone here But when I get my chance I will tell him he is a C**T, I hate everything it is and will go anywhere but with him and if I have to ill fight to my second death. Let the lightning strikes begin.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by manna2
without reading all the replies and simply kicking the same old dead dog I will reply to the op.
This is true, but I doubt for the same reasons as the op intended.
God the Father truly HATES religion.
Religion is the favorite tool and invention of the evil one, the deciever, the liar of old, the great counterfeiter and enemy to man.

I mean, look at all the venom that comes from even discussing it.
Jesus was clear on what He considered to be true religion. I'll bet most here do not know what He taught about it.

I never looked at it that way but I'll concur with that reasoning. Man created false prophets and religion. Blame yourselves, as man, for multiple religions in the world, not God. Religion binds our rights as God so freely gave.

Now, for mortals who deserve Compassion more than anything else, religion is really for mind-control. And you should be able to realize who is minding the control boards. So who could that Naughty One be?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join