It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion is slavery, and god is obsolete.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutlanderHuman24
All I have to say is that even though I live in America, it is not my country. The world is my country and my religion is to do good. I am my own God. I am the best in the world but I am no better than anyone else on the soul level. I do not blindly follow a book that I know have been rewritten hundreds if not thousands of times to suit the needs of the rulers of the world. The bible is a book that has been fixed to be like the description of the christian devil/lower astral being. It has some good teachings and knowledgeable things, but these few things are mixed with many lies, much disinfo and misinformation. Everyone says that they are doing things out of free will, but you are not doing things out of free will if you are lied to and manipulated like a tool. WHY DOES RELIGION WORK ON HUMANITY? Simple, its humanity's low self esteem and faith in itself in general. U think ur not good or powerful enough to do this and that so u rely on something that you think or want to think is more powerful and better than you.

Oh look an atheist who thinks he is his own God. I thought they didn't exist? Guess that proves my point. Where is your proof for your claims? I can provide mine with outside sources; this one so happened to be in this thread.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by novastrike81

Yes, I guess 1 (or even 100) people claiming they're God clearly means ALL atheists think they're God.

By your logic, every Christian thinks Dinosaurs roamed the earth with men...just because a few crazies do.

Also according to your "logic", all stocks are winners...because some are, all of them are.

Do you see your faulty "logic"?

[edit on 5-5-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by deenuu

Thanks for the conversation. I say lets agree to disagree. And keep our lives moving in a positive and stable direction. May YHWH bless you and your family, Intuitive.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Too generalized. Yes, "Social Religions" are frauds. In True Religion you have a living, genuinely spiritually competent teacher who can genuinely positively effect your spiritual salvation. Without the living teacher you have nothing legitimate. Where you have fraud, you have an industry around perpetuating the fraud. Nevertheless, people benefit emotionally from their false beliefs just as you do with yours.

Feel free to have no faith in the existence of the Supreme Being. The true Supreme Being is the best of the best. The highest state of being possible. If you don't want to associate with that or are happy pretending you don't need real help or fantasize you can do it yourself, knock yourself out. The maggots, the worms, the fish, the flies, there are endless spirits cycling through the various species again and again who all feel the same way you do. Your spiritual welfare is not even in your hands. When your karma approach exhaustion the Supreme Being will see to your salvation despite your best efforts to remain a slave of the slaughter house. Slavery to the Supreme Being is not "Slavery" in the worldly sense. It is devotion and surrender to the highest state of being. You are only love as is the Supreme Being. Your highest potential is in association with the genuinely spiritually competent. They alone can facilitate your spirit rising in intensity and purity. The best you can do for yourself it cycle in darkness.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by novastrike81

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
So um uh... what? None of this supports the point you were trying to make. Can people not answer straight questions in religious threads or what is the deal?

Lmao, wow [snip]. I just said The Pope declares himself as God; click on the link you'll see it in the First Commandment. If you read other threads you'll notice some people who don't believe in God but think they are God. Learn to read you could learn something.

Wow, [snip]because the last time I checked, the Pope doing anything did not prove ATHEISTS did anything. Do you think the pope is an ATHEIST? It would take a complete "retard" to explain to me something about ATHEISTS by talking about how the pope does it.

I'm done arguing with you; clearly you are illiterate and only enjoy provoking those who do not believe your ways. Thank you for proving my point, I need a good laugh.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by novastrike81]

You are done arguing with me because what you said about Atheists was so horribly incorrect as well as a stupid thing to say. I asked you to explain it twice and you kept spewing Catholic doctrine at me.

Let's recap. I asked you to explain how Catholics AND Atheists think they are gods. You responded with ignorance about what Atheism is and only tried to prove your point about Catholics. I was specific enough to point out you need to explain the ATHEISM part and you just talk about the pope.

So, after asking you to explain how ATHEISTS fall into what you claim - you talk about the pope and then call me a retard. So, what special kind of genius does it take to think talking about the CATHOLIC POPE answers anything about Atheism?

Removed personal attack

[edit on 5/5/10 by masqua]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
And what about God, anyhow? Is he really so great? Why doesn't he ever show himself..

When you die and go to the "lake of fire" FOREVER you will then learn that God is great and his word was the truth so you got what was coming to you.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Katie

Originally posted by Kaytagg
And what about God, anyhow? Is he really so great? Why doesn't he ever show himself..

When you die and go to the "lake of fire" FOREVER you will then learn that God is great and his word was the truth so you got what was coming to you.

Or you'll die and realize that you lived your whole life according to a fairy tale because there is no God, heaven, or hell.

Let me ask you this: Do you also walk around with an umbrella 24/7, even if there's no rain whatsoever? Because according to your logic you should, it could suddenly start to rain.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Yes, I guess 1 (or even 100) people claiming they're God clearly means ALL atheists think they're God.

By your logic, every Christian thinks Dinosaurs roamed the earth with men...just because a few crazies do.

Also according to your "logic", all stocks are winners...because some are, all of them are.

Do you see your faulty "logic"?

[edit on 5-5-2010 by MrXYZ]

You said no atheists refer to themselves as God. I showed you at least one that does. I can find you more if you want but it only takes one to prove you wrong. I never said ALL atheists; it was a general statement. Stop taking my words out of context and twist them around to suit your needs; it makes you look desperate. Not to mention my comment was directly pointed at the Catholic Church since it's a religious discussion and I clearly stated that. Just because one man (the pope) declares himself to be God doesn't mean they all do. Just because you come off as ignorant doesn't mean every atheist is.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by novastrike81]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
If there is such an entity as god,he/she realized that in creating man,he/she made a big mistake.

I think he/she,if he/she exists,is waiting for us to mature.

Or maybe we are on our own,and having something greater than ourselves to protect us from ourselves is exactly the opposite of what we need to not destroy one another.

I see religion as an excuse for bad behaviour.

I believe there is something more,but I can't seem to find it in the interpretations of others of what amounts to jibberish in the scriptures.

The scriptures themselves make so little sense to me,and I will not rely on the interpretation of them by others.

And I won't force feed my interpretation of them to others either.

Square one.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Why does everyone act as if they REALLY know what is going on? Why do you feel the need the worship some higher power?! "There has to be man, there just has tooo!!!!!"

As you can see, science is slowly but surely unraveling the mysteries of the universe.

I'm not saying that a higher power doesn't exist, I'm just saying that i don't know.. and the reality is is that no one really knows! The best thing to do is just deal with the raw data people. What do you see, what have your experiences showed you, etc.

It would be interesting to see how many people still thought a higher authority existed if no religions, spiritual ideologies existed, hmmm.

just some food for though

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
give me a break, theyre only aliens!!! I ASK YUO to covert mr athowisw, watcha got sow mw so I must ce;ieve!!!!
Nevermind you wouldny understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

[edit on 6-5-2010 by madhadder545]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by madhadder545
give me a break, they omly aliens!!! I ASK YUO to covert mr athowisw, watcha got sow mw so I must ce;ieve!!!!

Heck yeah!

I could not have said it better myself and not sure I could even survive trying. Thank you for reminding me why I come to read posts on ATS in the first place. Star for you!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I won't deny that there have been men who have used religion & dogma to harm others and to lead them astray. Unspeakable things have happened & will again. These aren't men of God, but the devil. We each have to believe and do what our heart dictates- I believe that it was God who endowed us with that Free Will when we were Created and would never Take it away.

I can tell you, though, through so many crises and stupid, thoughtless, reckless moves throughout my life, I don't know what would have become of me otherwise but for God. Over the last 4 years, repeatedly with the dogs- now 100s of them, I witness Miracles a LOT. There are times that intermediate (ER) vets will look at me (or others) like we are crazy when we say this dog or that one survived & is fine. (the girl in my avatar is one, twice over) There are NO accidents. No matter how trivial something seems, it all adds up to a whole.
If you ever really get in trouble, and if you can access someone who truly believes (I still do this now, just in case I am not one. You don't know who that will be, so send your call for help as wide as you can), He will still hear them/ you. God Answers prayers- no matter who you are.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DogsDogsDogs
I won't deny that there have been men who have used religion & dogma to harm others and to lead them astray. Unspeakable things have happened & will again. These aren't men of God, but the devil. We each have to believe and do what our heart dictates- I believe that it was God who endowed us with that Free Will when we were Created and would never Take it away.

I can tell you, though, through so many crises and stupid, thoughtless, reckless moves throughout my life, I don't know what would have become of me otherwise but for God. Over the last 4 years, repeatedly with the dogs- now 100s of them, I witness Miracles a LOT. There are times that intermediate (ER) vets will look at me (or others) like we are crazy when we say this dog or that one survived & is fine. (the girl in my avatar is one, twice over) There are NO accidents. No matter how trivial something seems, it all adds up to a whole.
If you ever really get in trouble, and if you can access someone who truly believes (I still do this now, just in case I am not one. You don't know who that will be, so send your call for help as wide as you can), He will still hear them/ you. God Answers prayers- no matter who you are.

I'ts so easey either "YOU DO OR YOU DONT" wwhat is is what do believe in !))%%%%% lett me know, and when I gemr fricken point we can gst doen to "THE BELIEVENCE!!!!Please I would lovbe you to open my mind an I intern!!!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by madhadder545
I'ts so easey either "YOU DO OR YOU DONT" wwhat is is what do believe in !))%%%%% lett me know, and when I gemr fricken point we can gst doen to "THE BELIEVENCE!!!!Please I would lovbe you to open my mind an I intern!!!

I would hate to just mock you for not knowing English because that would be wrong in all kinds of ways but I am curious what language !))%%%%% comes from?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

You specifically said "because atheists and the Pope believe they are God". I was the one who pointed out that just because there's some atheists who believe they're God, not all of them are. I never said no atheists believe they're God, and I challenge you to find a part of my posts where I said that. In fact, from the start did I say there are some atheists who believe they're God...if I remember I called them "crazies".

You are the one who generalized in your post, not me

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Jeez, why not simply go with:

" I have no actual knowledge of what is true. However I choose to think that [insert any belief pattern you wish to here] is the one that brings me the most satisfaction/peace."

Then just live your life...............

After all if I'm right in my thinking, you'll be disappointed. If your differing ethos is right I'll be gobsmacked.

Either way the unique entities of "me" & "you" will no longer be walking this planet. (Well unless you "believe you'll return as a zombie
)

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Please post where I said I was an athiest, cause I'm pretty sure I never did. I would also like to say it is ignorant of you to assume I'm an athiest based on me believing I am my own God. I actually am a bit offended that you would put me in a group of people when all I am is me. I am being myself. I can prove I am my own God. How? Simple, I control my life, I decide what is right or wrong for myself, not some dictator like figure out of some book that happens to be thousands of years old, rewritten hundreds if not thousands of times, and used to the advantage of those in power.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Looks like it is back to the drawing board for you, eh?

So your proof that Atheists believe they are their own gods so far consists of something the CATHOLIC POPE said and something Outlanderhuman said. Neither of which are Atheists.

Try again.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Oh.... man... no one told me God was obsolete. Typical... when one guy gets the truth, I'm usually the last one to find out...

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join