It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion is slavery, and god is obsolete.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

I know a lot of atheist love to claim this, but again history and facts prove otherwise...

The worse form of dictatorship was formed by atheists, and that is Communism, which murdered over 110 million people, and that's not counting soldiers from either side who died in battle, and that's not counting the millios of people who have been sent to gulags, and to "re-education camps" because they wanted to be FREE, and also many were followers of one religion or another and were sent to be brainwashed in "re-education camps"...

Communism, which is atheists' paradise, has murdered more people than all the rest of the world wars, and other conflicts in the world put together...

Few would deny any longer that communism--Marxism-Leninism and its variants--meant in practice bloody terrorism, deadly purges, lethal gulags and forced labor, fatal deportations, man-made famines, extrajudicial executions and show trials, and genocide. It is also widely known that as a result millions of innocent people have been murdered in cold blood. Yet there has been virtually no concentrated statistical work on what this total might be.
In sum the communist probably have murdered something like 110,000,000, or near two-thirds of all those killed by all governments, quasi-governments, and guerrillas from 1900 to 1987. Of course, the world total itself it shocking. It is several times the 38,000,000 battle-dead that have been killed in all this centurys international and domestic wars. Yet the probable number of murders by the Soviet Union alone--one communist country-- well surpasses this cost of war. And those murders of communist China almost equal it.

www.hawaii.edu...

Sorry atheists, you lose...

I am not even a religious person, but I am a spiritual person.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by StarBoyFG

The LORD will create a new thing on earth

The LORD will be king over the whole earth. On that day there will be one LORD, and his name the only name.

"The one who comes from above is above all; the one who is from the earth belongs to the earth, and speaks as one from the earth. The one who comes from heaven is above all.

The LORD sits enthroned over the flood; the LORD is enthroned as King forever.

He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.

For the nation or kingdom that will not serve you will perish; it will be utterly ruined.

If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. 25If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
LOL, trying to discuss with No King is like talking to one of those puppets where you pull a string and it'll say something completely random that has nothing to do with the discussion at hand

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

ok I'll repeat one night I heard an AUDIBLE voice that said-my name, I am Jesus I died for your sins believe in Me and you will never perish-as if sitting to my left and years later came across these-

JOHN 5.25-I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live.

Christ has indeed been raised from the dead-1Cor15.25

The high priest said to him, "I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God."
"Yes, it is as you say," Jesus replied. "But I say to all of you: In the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven." -Matt26.63

in addition I saw an angel on the roof across the street that looked me right in the eyes when I was @13 and this is how I would describe his appearance-

for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. 3His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow.

whats the point- are you kidding?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

The One enthroned in heaven laughs; the Lord scoffs at them.

They think it strange that you do not plunge with them into the same flood of dissipation, and they heap abuse on you. But they will have to give account to him who is ready to judge the living and the dead.

For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead

Anyone who does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because he has not believed the testimony God has given about his Son.

He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by No King but Jesus

Seriously, man. You are just littering the thread now. At least there was hope you could explain yourself or make sense of your posts for us but you are just wasting space with nonsense.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

I have read as high as 60 to 100 million just during the Bolshevik

Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on his heads. 4His tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that he might devour her child the moment it was born.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

your eternity is nonsense? well then here is my last "litter" for ya

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."

"He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.' "

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowKnight322
Religion is slavery of minds.

But if you try to see GOD beyond the idea that religions have about him you will see that everything makes sense.

Very perceptive!

I do not believe in organized religion, as I do think that it limits mankind, and what it can achieve. Extreme religious views lead to wars, and the desperate annihilation of differing cultures. Religion separates the human race like nothing else on this planet, and is a hindrance to our eventual unification.

However, I do believe in God. I do believe it is possible, and probable, that a being exists that is omnipotent and omniscient. Why not? Anything is possible in the universe we call home, and that is a wonderful thing to believe.

Organized religion does not have to exist for there to be good people, who love and respect each other in this world. A positive belief system, is all that you need. Most human beings know what is right or wrong. If they do not, then incarceration or removal from this planet is the only alternative.

Religion divides, and needs to go the way of the dodo bird, before it causes a world wide catastrophe.

I seriously doubt that a being as powerful as God, would care whether or not women wear veils, or if you eat pork, or if you work on Sunday. Seriously...think about that.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by No King but Jesus

your eternity is nonsense? well then here is my last "litter" for ya

Thank you for proving my point. If you were actually interested in "my eternity" then you would have made an attempt to communicate with me. If your bible quotes really meant anything, you would have tried to relate them to me. If they had any reason at all for being taked out of context and randomly tossed about, then you would have tried to show that to me.

You did not. All you did was ramble and never once say anything that made it make any sense to anyone, I am willing to bet including you.

Sorry, but I am gonna have to just call BS on you. You are not really trying to spread any knowledge or information. You have not even tried. You are just purposely littering this thread with empty quotes for no reason. Go on and enjoy yourself but do it without me.

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."

"He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.' "

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
"WE ONLY SEE WHAT WE BELIEVE IS POSSIBLE". So, according to this adage, persons who are not able to understand the higher dimensionality of the Cosmos, are thus not going to be disturbed by the higher dimensionality of the Cosmos. However, those who do understand the higher dimensionality of the Cosmos, are thus more likely to experience the higher dimensionality of the Cosmos. Just because one is not able to see and hear and touch the object or person, does not mean that others cannot see and hear and touch the object or person. Look long enough and one might also be able to see and hear and touch the object or person, even though to begin with the object or person was invisible to your perception of reality. In my comprehension of the Cosmos, I believe it to be the case that what we see as material reality, is not of our own choosing, but rather is entirely in the Hand of God. One is at the Mercy of God. It is the Power of God that is deciding our destiny. Buddhists call this the Law of Kharma. If you read the following book you will begin to understand the situation. "THE HOLOGRAPHIC UNIVERSE" by author MICHAEL TALBOT published 1991 by Harper Collins. ISBN 0-586-09171-8. Before you put religion into the waste paper basket I advice that you take the time to actually read the Bible. Learn what it is teaching. For example Jesus said "Why do you call me a good man ? There is no such a thing as a good man. God alone is good. Only God be perfect". Expecting religion to bring you to God is like expecting pigs to fly. I find it a bit hilarious that anyone gets hot under the collar about religion. Religion is what Jesus refered to as "the Yeast of the Pharisees" saying "Beware of the Yeast of the Pharisees". I did not discover God through religion. I came to God through studying science. My comprehension of God is by the path of science. Science will bring us into a better knowledge about the Nature of and the Power of Almighty God. First thing to learn is that God is actually feminine. In fact speaking of God as the LORD [masculine] is a very serious sin called apostacy. Religions decended from Judaism refer to God as LORD thus masculine. So over coming that hurdle is going to be difficult. To say that there is no God is obsurd. Science is clearly on the side of those who believe in God. Read the book "THE HOLOGRAPHIC UNIVERSE" noted above and you will begin to realise that God really is existant.

Google Video Link

Google Video Link

[edit on 4/5/2010 by CAELENIUM]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet to warn the people and the sword comes and takes the life of one of them, that man will be taken away because of his sin, but I will hold the watchman accountable for his blood.'

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

Originally posted by novastrike81
And if you noticed, only Catholics refer to themselves as God, and atheists. I could give the run down but I think it would take up a lot of posts.

This is one of the strangest statements I have ever seen in one of these religious threads and I think that says quite a bit. Can you explain? Catholics are the only people to call themselves Atheists? Huh?
Catholics call themselves God?

Can you elaborate?

ugh atheists and catholics are the only ones who think they are God... Religiously speaking it only applies to Catholics. If you pay attention to this stuff you would know this. Then again, why would you? It falls right into prophecy with the Bible and the anti-christ. Though it's not apart of your belief system so you'll dismiss it even with substantial evidence. I know the Pope calls himself God which is part of their first commandment.

Catholic 10 Commandments

I'm not sure how in tune you are with the religious stuff but the Catholics also changed the real Sabbath Day (Sunday) to Saturday and claimed it as the Sabbath Day to be worshiped on.

"The Pope has the power to change times, to abrogate laws, and to dispense with all things, even the precepts of Christ." Decretal De Translat. Espiscop. Cap.

So you see how much power the Pope has and it's quite obvious how there is little evidence for Jesus because he has the power to destroy it. He also has the power to change the times, i.e. Sunday is the day for worship but now it's Saturday for them. He also has the power to get rid of all those who go against him. When I say get rid of I mean literally make you disappear.

"Sunday is our mark of authority...The Church is above the Bible, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact." Catholic Record. September 1, 1923

If you know a way to find old news articles then go find the Sunday Times, December 6, 1987 and this is the opening paragraph:

THE Catholic Church has officially debunked the literal interpretation of the Creation according to Genesis as "utter nonsense".
- I realize it's one sentence but it was small article with smaller print.

So this explains why they agree with evolutionists and with the possibility of extra-terrestrial life. Again, not everyone will accept this as truth cause it's hard for them but it's the reality we live in.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by novastrike81]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by novastrike81
ugh atheists and catholics are the only ones who think they are God...

Ugh? Really? Asking you to elaborate upsets you? Is it too much for you? So sorry. You could simply have declined and spared me your exasperated grunts.

I do not know any atheists that think they are a god, let alone God. That makes no sense. An atheist cannot believe he is something he does not believe in - gods.

Religiously speaking it only applies to Catholics. If you pay attention to this stuff you would know this. Then again, why would you? It falls right into prophecy with the Bible and the anti-christ. Though it's not apart of your belief system so you'll dismiss it even with substantial evidence. I know the Pope calls himself God which is part of their first commandment.

Catholic 10 Commandments

I'm not sure how in tune you are with the religious stuff but the Catholics also changed the real Sabbath Day (Sunday) to Saturday and claimed it as the Sabbath Day to be worshiped on.

"The Pope has the power to change times, to abrogate laws, and to dispense with all things, even the precepts of Christ." Decretal De Translat. Espiscop. Cap.

So you see how much power the Pope has and it's quite obvious how there is little evidence for Jesus because he has the power to destroy it. He also has the power to change the times, i.e. Sunday is the day for worship but now it's Saturday for them. He also has the power to get rid of all those who go against him. When I say get rid of I mean literally make you disappear.

"Sunday is our mark of authority...The Church is above the Bible, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact." Catholic Record. September 1, 1923

If you know a way to find old news articles then go find the Sunday Times, December 6, 1987 and this is the opening paragraph:

THE Catholic Church has officially debunked the literal interpretation of the Creation according to Genesis as "utter nonsense".
- I realize it's one sentence but it was small article with smaller print.

So this explains why they agree with evolutionists and with the possibility of extra-terrestrial life. Again, not everyone will accept this as truth cause it's hard for them but it's the reality we live in.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by novastrike81]

So um uh... what? None of this supports the point you were trying to make. Can people not answer straight questions in religious threads or what is the deal?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
So um uh... what? None of this supports the point you were trying to make. Can people not answer straight questions in religious threads or what is the deal?

[snip] I just said The Pope declares himself as God; click on the link you'll see it in the First Commandment. If you read other threads you'll notice some people who don't believe in God but think they are God. Learn to read you could learn something.

I'm done arguing with you; clearly you are illiterate and only enjoy provoking those who do not believe your ways. Thank you for proving my point, I need a good laugh.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by novastrike81]

Removed personal attack

[edit on 5/5/10 by masqua]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Yes, atheists believe in the very thing they don't believe in...sure, that makes total sense

Atheist = doesn't believe there's a God
Atheist who believes he is God = Atheist who doesn't believe he exists

Do you see why your statement is ridiculous??

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Yes, atheists believe in the very thing they don't believe in...sure, that makes total sense

Atheist = doesn't believe there's a God
Atheist who believes he is God = Atheist who doesn't believe he exists

Do you see why your statement is ridiculous??

They believe they are in control; they make their own decisions and don't have to answer to anyone. They don't have to bow before anyone. They think they are the #. What part of that makes no sense? Do you see how ridiculous you sound trying to prove a point?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by novastrike81

So because they don't think they have to bow before anyone, they think they're God. Why do they HAVE to bow to anyone in the first place? And why does refusing to bow automatically turns one into God?

[edit on 5-5-2010 by MrXYZ]

[edit on 5-5-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Intuitiveaptitude2009

On me judging people: www.biblebelievers.com/jmelton/Judging.html

i'm not judging people to say i'm above them or their evil. i just want this world to find christ. but going by your standards he has nothing left to give the world ?

i somehow doubt all religions are the same. especially when some are clearly different and have different teachings. or am i wrong ?

"There is no point to life, just to live, and what if I don’t want to make the world a better place??, I don’t have to just because you or your weird superstitions say so, it’s my life I will do with it as I please.
" thats probably one of the saddest statements i have heard......you know what may YHWH bless you and your family. thanks for showing me what i need to do........

so i'm a sheep because you claim i follow blindly yet my previous statements beg to differ ? how could that be so unless i'm missing something ? i know exactly what christianity is ? do you know what your following ? if my book preaches fairness and love and your previous statement was "what if i don't want to make the world a better place" to part quote. what does that make you and me ?

Thanks again for renforcing my belief in YHWH and Jesus may you and your family lead fulfilling lives. And remember never say never unless your a time traveller...........

Your not going to wake up one morning in your lifetime and have everyone sharing the same belief in your religion, that is impossible so you shouldn't waist your time worrying about that.

Your belief system is so foreign that its alien to me. We both believe in god, but I dont personify my god, like most religions do including yours, and its these religions that are all the same, Allah and your god are essentially the same god and the funny thing is that you think your so different.

Humans seem to want to personify things so they can relate to non human things. Like a dog, we give it a name, and speak to them but the dog cant understand anything we say and only come because it knows the sound of its name for a treat or a pat. God is the same its nature, its life, which is magical and powerful but its not a person and it doesn't care about you.

If another persons life wishes are the saddest thing you have ever heard in your life then your a lucky guy who hasn't experienced true sadness, stoked for ya.

It sounds like you missed my point, I dont want to cause our world any harm, but im going to enjoy my life while i can, because its short and theres so much to experience. Let me give you an example. I dont litter because i care about our environment and I care about my impact, but im not going to proactively spend a day picking up other peoples rubbish, I cant change the world no matter how much I may want to. Some people believe they can good for them. So instead i spend my time doing things that matter.

I dont really understand what that dribble in the last paragraph means, so im going to finish this with yes I can say never because I have control of my life, and faith doesn't create reality.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by novastrike81

Well to be honest Paganism came after Monotheism. Though you disagree with the Bible is why you have it the other way around. And if you noticed, only Catholics refer to themselves as God, and atheists. I could give the run down but I think it would take up a lot of posts. Maybe I shouldn't say all cause I'm sure some may follow the scriptures to their intended meaning. I don't know how long you were Catholic, maybe you said so and I forgot or maybe you didn't at all so I won't assume one way or the other.

The Pope is the only man to sign documents with the words "Us" and "Our" in them. I'd give the sentence but I can't think of it off the top of my head but I think you may know what I'm talking about. Just as God said "...let Us make man in Our image." The Pope signs it almost like that. Not to mention the high priests also think they are God and whatever decision they make is final and God can't do a thing about it. Talk about your blasphemies, right? The Pope can also forgive sins apparently.

If you are familiar with the prophesies in the Book of Daniel and compare that with some verses in Revelation then you will see that the Bible is historically accurate. If you want a run down I'd be glad to give them since we discuss so much together.

The evidence is in the free masonry in Rome. You know, where the Knights Templar used to kick it back in the day.

Paganism is only an influence on my spirituality as is monotheism and as ive said before nature, life, our soul and consciousness are all linked and to me thats god. To me that means i am god and im neither Christian or Atheist. Im way to complex to be grouped.

The pope, is this the previous pope who used to sleep on his floor and whip himself as a sacrifice to Jesus????? or are you talking about the current pope who supports pedophiles?? I dont want any pope near me let alone casting spells over me thanks anyway mate.

Bible prophesies have the same probability of occurrence as a fortune cookie so ill save my brain power and yeah rome back in the day seems to be a blue print for current day america, secret societies and new world order stuff kinda interests me but I like learning on my own thanks. Im just here for the aliens really.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join