It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible coincidences - have you had any?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Lately I have become enraptured with the nature of coincidence and synchronicity. I have been asking every one I know about coincidences they personally have experienced, and I decided to ask you, the people of this board. Have any of you had any coincidences, the chances of which seemed astronomically unlikely? Or even just odd coincidences that happened to you. I am NOT asking for well-known coincidences (such as the Richard Parker/Edgar Allen Poe coincidence, or The Sinking of the Titan). I only want you to share coincidences that you personally have experienced, or people you know/trust have experienced.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
The first thing that ever happend to me that stands out would be this.

It started when I was about 7 years old, I was a normal kid that had dreams and I assumed they were all normal but I had this one dream that kept repeating it's self. The dream would start out with me sleeping on the back of a truck,could not tell what kind of truck but I knew it was a truck. The truck would be going down a road and I would be laying on a pillow on the back. That is when the dream got scary because all of the sudden I would float up off of the truck and would appear to be heading for the ground or road. That is when I would wake up still with the feeling that I had been floating somehow. Now as dreams go I do not think that this dream is all that strange but I had the dream at least 100 times from the time I was 7 till I was 14 maybe more. Now this is when I started to become afraid of my dreams because we were moving from one town to another and a strange coincidence took place. My foster brother and I had been helping load the truck we were using with furniture to take it to the new house. When we got done we decided to leave and we fliped a coin to see who would ride in the back and keep a eye on things,now this was a large 1ton truck with high sides that were wood slats it seemed like it would be safe enough and at that time it was a common thing to do.
My foster brother had won the flip of the coin and got to ride in the back so we left for our 30 minute ride. We headed out of town and just as we hit the 45 mph zone at the edge of town I looked in the mirror and saw a mattress or what would actually be a big pillow off of a futon type couch go flying through through air and that is also when I saw my brother lying on the road. I instantley had a flashback to the dream that I had been having and things have never been the same for me since. My foster brother spent about a week in the hospital but no life threatening injuries. It is very strange what a dream and a flip of a coin can mean in your life and since then I have had many such dreams that came to life and I sure wish I could understand them more.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
i had a pretty spot on coincidence a good few years back ...

i was out in liverpool on a night out and i had met this girl . we where walking down a dark road and she wanted to give me her number , i never had a pen (and i was a bit drunk) so i put my hands over my eyes and walked about 10 paces , then pointed to the floor while shouting "pen"

when i opened my eyes there was a small pen exactly where i had pointed to
i didnt see the pen before hand and i wasnt exactly walking down a road littered with pens

anyway - didnt phone the girl up either

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Ah! The pen thing reminds me! This happened several times this year. I never, ever write anything with a pen unless it's some kind of "official" thing like working papers or something. Anyway, for no apparent reason I'll be like "I think someone might need a pen today" and I grab one before I run out of the house. Everytime this happened, the same friend would ask me for a pen that day.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Mine was happening to me about a month ago.

I was at work one day and all of a sudden I turned to look at the clock. I didn't want to know what the time was, I didn't hear my name it that direction I just simply looked for no reason. Anyway the time was 2:22pm and that was that.

Following day at work and went into a room, then I looked at the clock in that room, again not intending too and with no interest to the time. It was 2:22pm again, at this point I started to get suspect.

That evening I went to my girlfiends house then drove back, got in the house and looked straight at the clock on the cooker and it was 22:22pm. I was freaked at that point.

Again I was at work no doing much and this time it was as if something grabbed my head and turned it towards the nearest clock again. Yep it was 2:22pm again. That night I went to bed and work up in the morning, it was 4:44pm. Then work up in the morning on my day off and it was 11:11am. the 2:22 and 22:22 went on for 2 more days. It drove me mad!!!

Apparently it is your spirit guides trying to get your attention. Anyone else know any different? or was it just coincidence?

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
yeah i did hear that the number thing is to do with your spirit guide, 11 is when god is happy with you. But on the matter of spirit guides, i tend to believe that it is yourself which is the guide, but thats a whole other subject.

My weird coincidence happened while on a recent backpacking trip around australia. I had met a guy on a plane last year on a trip back to england from sweden. he was in the seat next to me, and we just started chatting to pass the time. Anyway, while i was in sydney i was sitting in a bar having a drink with a few friends and i suddenly notice someone that i have met before, i couldnt figure it out at first but it suddenly hit me who the guy was, it was the dude from the plane! If that isnt stange enough already, it turned out he was staying in the same hostel as me.

A week later i had done a surf trip that drops you off in Byron Bay just south of Brisbane. I was chillin in the hostel one day soaking up the sun, and who do i bump into? my man, the dude from the plane agian! and if thats not strange enough a week later i went back to sydney and there he was AGAIN in the same hostel as me, this time on the same floor! Its a shame he wasnt very friendly, otherwise we could have become good friends.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I had a dream that a new dell pda came out and i got one. Then 2 days later dell came out with a new model it looked similliar to the one in the dream too. I'm such a nerd i had a dream about a pda.

I also guessed the score for the 6th game Calgary and Tampa and who would score the 1st goal.

[edit on 7-6-2004 by Mr.President]

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
im a consultant and about a year ago i was working at a client site. while working there i bought a house. looking out on my porch a couple weeks after i bought the house i realized that the lady who sits in the cube next to me is also my new neighbor. what are the odds on that?

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I've had dreams about movies before they make them. Like when Jurassic Park came out, I basically dreamed the entire concept and then a few days later is when it was announced that they were making that movie.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Whenever anyone in my immediate family loose something that we cannont find, we all ask my grandad who died about 4 yrs ago, just simple questions like put it where we can find it or somethin. Then next thing we know its there, the most recent thing was my gran was sewing somethin and lost the cotton, so asked where it was next thing we know its there right by her hand!!! I lost my keys once, turned my house upside down tryin to find them took everythin off the shelves, then when lookin round the house gave up and asked him where it was, i go back upstairs and they're isttin on myself, i was rather scared to be honest!

mrq

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Last night I dreamed that some kind of creature (I could describe it, but it doesn't matter-never seen it before, have no idea what it is) kept repeating the words "cardio" and "bone". I kept telling him that wasn't right, for some reason. But he kept repeating it, "cardio, bone".

This morning my cousin called me, and a few minutes into our chitchat, he tells me that he partially dislocated his shoulder while doing his cardio routine at the gym last week. (I might be explaining the partially dislocated part of this incorrectly, but that was the gist of it. He said, I think, that it came part-way out of the socket, and popped back in, but is very sore and hurts too much to work out or play sports at the moment.)

Now, even if this wasn't just coincidence, how does it help me to know that my cousin dislocated (partially) his shoulder during his cardio workout, a week after it happens? Not that I would have thought to tell anyone about it (warn them) if this dream happened a week ago, much less my cousin specifically since he wasn't mentioned.

Anyway, it freaked me out a bit. Actually, not so much freaked out, I was just taken aback a bit....since I don't use the word 'cardio' ever really...and 'bone' doesn't come up too often either.

Odds of this happening though? Anyone have any ideas? or lend any thought to what this is about? Please U2U if you do.

Thanks fer listenin'.
Be well.
-mrq

[edit on 7-6-2004 by mrq]

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Seekers are offered clues all the time from the world of spirit. Ordinary people call these clues coincidences.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Many years ago when I was intensely seeking knowledge on the occult I would go to a bookstore and a book with the answer to the knowledge i was seeking would be available in front of me without me having to search for it. This happened on many occasions. I believe that we are guided by our Inner Ego or Higher Self in such a subtle way that we in our Outer Ego awareness are not aware of it.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Just recently, when doing my research (Into various things. I read constantly) I seem to be making unlikely connections. These are the kind of synchronicities that just make you feel like you're being led somewhere. A small example: I was looking into Buddhism, and I decided to go see The Matrix:Reloaded, and when I got my ticket and got in line, there was a man in line ahead of me. We began talking, and he turned out to be a Buddhist, and helped me out by pointing me in the right direction with books and websites. I was researching alternative energy, and the universe as a hologram at the same time, and found many cross connections, that felt rather synchronistic. These things happen all the time.

The most recent. I'm a musician, have decided that I'm gonna make a career out of it. A co-worker ran into a friend of his from high school, who happens to be in a locally successful band. My friend told his friend about me, and I got a number to call about a potential job with this band.

Happens all the time. Constantly. I'm getting used to it. I'm beginning to realize the extent to which we control reality. (Hint, it's more than you think.)

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
My oldest son was born on 6/7/77 and died on 6/9/99. He was severely handicapped and lived with us all the time except the last 9 months of his life. Two days after he died, my family was all over at our house and I had to go into the garage to get something. While out there, I could smell Adam and really felt that he was near. Not believing my senses, I started looking around to see if there were some clothes or a blanket in the garage that belonged to him. I never found anything.

I took his death very hard. I was extrememly depressed for months after. Someone gave me a book by Jonathan Edwards, saying that it might help me understand. I never remember dreams, but one night I dreamt that Adam was laying on a blanket laughing and playing around and there were two people sitting on the blanket with him dressed in turn-of-the-century clothing and hair styles (a man and a woman). They just smiled at me and nodded. When I awoke, I remembered the dream and had a feeling of peace, and somehow knew that Adam was being cared for and was happy. Later that day, while reading the book, I came across a passage that told of people in the after life trying to contact those of us still living to let us know that they are ok. I was absolutely astounded to read that.

How about that for coincidences?

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Hi,

Can you tell me what other clues spirit might give?

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Thanks for the feedback, guys!

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I posted this on another "coincidence" thread that is out there right now. I figured you would find this interesting also...

My great-grandmother recently passed away. The morning before her funeral my husband started singing the song "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine..you make me happy when skies are gray" (anyone remember this one?). I almost dropped dead myself because my great-grandmother sang that song to us all the time when we were kids! I asked him where that "song" came from and why did he start singing it and he said "I actually have no idea. The song just 'popped' into my head.

I know, without a doubt, that it was her trying to communicate that she was O.K. on the other side.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I have had vivid dreams at times...Ive also dreamt of being places...and months , years later seeing it come true,in weird ways...

a few are ....I once dreamt i was at my jr high school at night but the school looked weid , like it was torn apart, I remeber a full moon..

years later while working construction....I was working on a renevation of said school....went out to get something in a trailer,boom it hit me...

I was walking through a new section being bulit...just walls n bar joyce sp

right outta the dream.

I dreamt of a plane going down near D.C. ...and I was at a building....the sceen.hard to descibe

I thought it might mean somone I knew would be in a plane accident..

the day 9 /11 happened i didnt see the flames...but I did hear the boom...i was 2 miles away as the crow flew

then I put 2 n 2 together ..when I heard the boom....saw the building...the parking garage...ect....it hit me....weird....i even told my bro bout it months before it happened....thers been others...but im no jean dixon....i never put it together till after the fact

I know its true.....lately Ive had a few flood / tidal wave dreams...and more than once....

first time.i was in san diego [ i lived there 71'-74']

any way I was dreaming of being in la jolla on the strip...looking toward the ocean....a wave came and took me away...I was say a 1/2 mile off the beach

had another wave dream month or so later....this time im in fairfax va...the folks house.....[ thats a good 2 hr drive to the beach].....waves are hitting the house and im on the 3rd fl...then I wake up...

back to san diego......Im with friends, we rent a house off the beach....waves come closer n closer to the house till its gone...and e are scrabling to get away....im on a bus.....on an overpass when a wave takes it out and bus fills w/ water.....wake up....

so vivid....to me

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
i remember when i was younger i used to think up songs (like melodies for songs) and back than i hadnt listened to much music scince i was so young and came up with some current songs almost everytime that i nerver heard back than. like one time i re-invented the song kashmir by led zeppelin and when i was that age i had never heard the song anywhere or a beat like it. when i told my dad about the col tune i made he was like thats a led zeppelin son gand im like "everything i invent has already been done"...ive always wondered if in a past life i wrote the song or something

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join