It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam: Does it belong in America?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Who cares about religion.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Great, another racist thread

Does Christianity belong in America? Does Hinduism belong in America? Does any non-white non-Christians belong in America?

Fact is, everyone has the same right to live in this country as everyone else. You know, the land of the free...

What's more, neither religion has proof that it's the right religion. Given this FACT, they could all be following a fairy tale. So religion shouldn't influence politics in this country, because it would limit the freedom of a part of the population. Don't like non-Christians? Well, tough luck, thank God (lol) we don't live in a theocracy!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

Pies flying?

I´m sorry, but you really haven´t provided anything of substance at all.

I have an interesting challenge for you, Darksparcs. Take those "quotes"
from the Quran you probably copy-pasted from somewhere, and look them up. On any of the major translations available online, on the actual book if you have it lying around.

Then uhrrrmmm.....I dunno? Keep silent in embarrassment for having mistakenly posted false information?
Change your point of view?

Or maybe even just ignore what you learn, and continue.

See, I don´t know about Ayatollah Khomeini says, I don´t know what any random person in a random video says, but when you make a claim like "The difference between Christianity, and Islam, in this regard is that Christianity DOES NOT TEACH BIBLICAL DOCTORINE THAT APPROVES OF CHILD MOLESTATION, RAPE, OR INCEST.... whereas Islam does", and are unable to back them up WITH SOURCES FROM ISLAM (except ones that are false quotes from the Quran), then that really doesn´t speak much about your validity and reliability as a "researcher" or "seeker of truth".

PS: I´m sorry if my post seems a little harsh, calling you out on my first post in here. I´ve become jaded with the constant barrage of ignorance, and have taken up the position that "if they´re being confrontational and 'same-old-same-old, they probably are attempting to push some prejudicial agenda". Again, apologies if this is not the case here.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
OP seems to have a trend in this thread of just repeatedly insulting those who provide responses that are not already in his own narrow "world view" with regard to Islam (in other words, attacking those who don't agree with him). I don't see how this is a topic of discussion, rather than just flame bait.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
Islam does not belong anywhere but the dustbin of history.

It is a cruel, demeaning, way of existence.

It is not accepting of any other beliefs so it cannot co-exist. By its very nature it is a "submit or die" system which seeks to destroy anything in its path.

Obviously you have never read the old testament

Deny ignorance, right?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
"When men strive together one with another, and the wife of the one draweth near for to deliver her husband out of the hand of him that smiteth him, and putteth forth her hand, and taketh him by the secrets: then thou shalt cut off her hand, thine eye shall not pity her." (Deuteronomy 25:11-12)

"Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works." (Revelation 2:22-23)

"Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church." (I Corinthians 14:34-35)

"If a man be found lying with a woman married to an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her;" (Deuteronomy 22:22)

"Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city; and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbour's wife: so thou shalt put away evil from among you." (Deuteronomy 22:24)

www.biblegateway.com...

Deuteronomy 13:6-10

Kings II 2:23-25

Hmmm, I dunno if Christianity belongs in America either...

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

Yes it does. Along with any other free person. And that's coming from a blue eyed, blond haired war fighter sitting in Iraq right now...

Hmmm, tolerance...goes a long way when you don't drag women out of their homes by the hair of their heads.

This place is what would happen if you tried to do it anywhere else...

People come to America for typically good reasons. Then they see Micheal Jackson and Maddona...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join