It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion, for or against?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
An abortion should be the mark of status & luxury.

I have had 10. What have you had?

Why are you so full of crap in every post you make?

I agree with the status part though it might not be the status you are thinking about.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
I'm Pro Abortion

I'd like to see an 8 week limit set

The truth is, the foetus and the child are parasites. This will undoubtedly enrage some, but it's a fact nonetheless

Appropriate education re: birth-control would eliminate much of the need for abortion -- such education possibly including no-frills illustration of what abortion involves

Why not a 4 or a 36 week limit? Why does 8 weeks speak ok to you? I truly find the whole week justification thing fascinating as how the human mind justifies this event from being a horrendous act to a moral decision.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by Dock9
I'm Pro Abortion

I'd like to see an 8 week limit set

The truth is, the foetus and the child are parasites. This will undoubtedly enrage some, but it's a fact nonetheless

Appropriate education re: birth-control would eliminate much of the need for abortion -- such education possibly including no-frills illustration of what abortion involves

Why not a 4 or a 36 week limit? Why does 8 weeks speak ok to you? I truly find the whole week justification thing fascinating as how the human mind justifies this event from being a horrendous act to a moral decision.

Why only 36 weeks?

If it is ultimately a social decision then 8 years is a good abortion age...
...by then you would have a fairly good idea whether the fetus would be a positive or negative asset on the social balance sheet.

Get rid of the term 'infanticide' and call it 'retrospective abortion'.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

Why only 36 weeks?

...by then you would have a fairly good idea whether the fetus would be a positive or negative asset on the social balance sheet.

You know there have been some serious professionals that in a very scientific way have suggested that abortion up to two years old would fix within the human developmental aspects of what people are using with weeks as determination of when an abortion is within moral guidelines.

So whether you are being sarcastic or not it is not too far fetch....

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Why only 36 weeks?

You know there have been some serious professionals that in a very scientific way have suggested that abortion up to two years old would fix within the human developmental aspects of what people are using with weeks as determination of when an abortion is within moral guidelines.

So whether you are being sarcastic or not it is not too far fetch....

It was tongue-in-cheek...
...but I think this is where social soveriegnty ultimately goes.

As soon as soveriegnty of the women over her own body...
...is taken over by an external individual or group...
...it will ultimately lead to this absurd situation.

It doesn't matter how the fetus got there...
...one night stand, booty call, committed relationship, rape or concubine...
...while the fetus remains dependant on the body of the host mother...
...it must remain her soverign decision to 'manage the farm' as she pleases...
...from within whatever social, religious economic mindset/circumstances she happens to have.

Unless you are the specific women, with the vagina/uterus containing the fetus...
...it is not your business.

[edit on 21/5/10 by troubleshooter]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
An abortion should be the mark of status & luxury.

I have had 10. What have you had?

Its too bad your mother didnt at least have 1.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Thirty_Foot_Smurf]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Unless you are the specific women, with the vagina/uterus containing the fetus...
...it is not your business.

[edit on 21/5/10 by troubleshooter]

So it should be legal for a person to do anything to their body then. I find too much contradiction to it all. Suicide or assisted suicide, many kinds of drug use, self inflictions etc. are all against the law. Also, if a pregnant woman is killed it is a double homicide, you can put an unborn child in your will, and that shows under these two situations the State sees them as a human. We have abortions limited by the numder of weeks, so under one case of let’s say 10 weeks the woman can have one and people view it as ok, but if the doctor killed the child at the request of the mother as it was being born that would be viewed by all as a hideous act.

When you have a baby you are required by law and morality to be responsible for that child, but as you say, that responsibility doesn’t start until the mother says it starts…all hypocritical to me to say the least.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Its is not about being "for" or "against" it... it is the power to choose whether or not to have one is important... In this stage of my like I personally would not have one but who am I to say someone else can... With that being said I do not condone late term abortions (except medical reasons)....... very sensitive subject and these thread come along every few months..... that is the beauty of being humanity.. we will always have free thought and these debates will always rage on.......

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Planned Parenthood makes millions of dollars in profit by giving the death sentence to an innocent child. Death because of her place of residence - her mother's womb.

Does this make sense? A minor in a public school cannot receive an aspirin without parental consent. A minor cannot get her ears pierced without parental consent. Yet these people (such as Planned Parenthood) can perform an invasive surgical procedure on a minor girl without parental consent!!!! Planned Parenthood receives millions of dollars from the government and how are they allowed to proclaim themselves a .org ( non profit designation)??? Look it up for yourself.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I agree that after 6 weeks it should be illegal. The woman knows by then and needs to make up her mind. Totally illegal will not stop abortions.. it will just go underground. Also I think that it shouldn't be covered by insurance. Make them pay for their mistake!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join