It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion, for or against?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I'm Pro Abortion

I'd like to see an 8 week limit set

The truth is, the foetus and the child are parasites. This will undoubtedly enrage some, but it's a fact nonetheless

Appropriate education re: birth-control would eliminate much of the need for abortion -- such education possibly including no-frills illustration of what abortion involves

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
against. i cant explain why, its just a gut feeling.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
The truth is, the foetus and the child are parasites.

Wow, that's a really harsh way to dehumanize a living being and member of your species. I guess the best way to deal with the guilt of killing any living creature is to dehumanize it.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I don't really see the point of this thread, but I have nothing better to do at the moment.

I am against abortion with the exception of rape, incest or if the life of the mother is in certain peril.

I think as a matter of policy, it should not be allowed. As is, it allows doctors to do exactly the opposite what they trained and intended to do.

I would rather relegate those who do wish to do so to back alley abortions. To take a human life, you should be willing to risk your own. It is a concept that I feel applies to all areas of life.

I believe this because even using contraceptive devices, a person engaging in sex knows there is a risk of pregnancy. When you make a bet, and lose, you don't get your money back because you wish you hadn't lost.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Wolf321]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by bagari

The truth is, the foetus and the child are parasites.

Wow, that's a really harsh way to dehumanize a living being and member of your species. I guess the best way to deal with the guilt of killing any living creature is to dehumanize it.

It's a fact, nonetheless. Foetuses/children are parasites. They feed off the host

All the Hallmark card sentiments aside, that's what it is. The next generation survives at the expense of the host. The host is required to devote basically half or more of its life in raising, supporting, educating, protecting, providing for --- the parasite. After which, the parasite moves on to become host to another parasite

That's all life requires of us --- that we provide a replacement for ourself

To persuade the host to sacrifice for the parasite, Life has programmed the host to be receptive and to lay down its life for the 'cute' parasite. This is science and you can find it for yourself with very little effort these days, online

The human baby has tiny snub nose and big eyes, makes cute cooooing noises which in fact trigger chemicals in our brain which in turn persuade us to devote our lives, energies, time, financies, etc. for the survival and betterment of the parasite

Once you've raised your replacement children -- Life has no further use for you. You're old, your body is disintegrating, your keen vision and other senses have faded and you're ready for the boneyard. Life doesn't give a carp. You've served your purpose. You've guaranteed that Life itself will continue. It's the same if you're a tree, a plant, an animal, an avocado or a human. Same thing. Life loves itself and uses you as the rails upon which it rides

Thus, the foetus is a parasite. You are the host. Just as you were the parasite which afflicted your parents

In order to make this very obvious state of affairs more palatable to ourselves, we invest parenhood and children with whatever makes us feel good: we talk about the 'fulfilment' of parenthood and how it's enriched our lives. And we IGNORE all the other things which might have enriched our lives SO much MORE --- such as paddling down the Amazon collecting rare and life-supporting herbs and plants. Or building incredibly beautiful architecture or art. Or the composing of glorious music. Or devoting ourselves to simply enjoying our exitence. Whatever

But, most fall into the trap of playing host to parasites which in truth may share very little in common with themselves and which --- as science recently announced --- with whom we share very little actual DNA either

That's life

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Preach to the crowd in another twenty years

Ok ?

Because by then, you'll very probably be singing a different tune

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
What about people who are in the middle?

There are people who are morally opposed to abortion, but feel that people should have the right to choose abortions. Amongst those who want abortion to be legal, some would favor limits on legal abortions like abortions late in the term. Amongst those who want abortion to be illegal, some would allow for exceptions like cases of rape, incest, or the mother's life being in danger.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

It's not a parasite when it is bread by the host; it's called offspring.

This incorrect way of defining it makes it so easy for people to disconnect the nurture instinct.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Because by then, you'll very probably be singing a different tune

Why would 20 years change my mind? Population growth?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
reply to post by Dock9

It's not a parasite when it is bread by the host; it's called offspring.

This incorrect way of defining it makes it so easy for people to disconnect the nurture instinct.

You can call it whatever you like for the sake of maintaining your chosen stance and comfort zone

but it's a parasite

just as you were. Just as we all were or still are

And come on ... you know as well as anyone else that when most people have sex, most of the time --- the thought that it might end up producing a child would be enough to make them leap from that couch as if it were on fire

Most of us are 'accidents of Nature'. Except Nature knows exactly what it's doing

which is why sex feels good

Once a woman is pregnant however, Nature doesn't waste energy any longer. It's achieved its objective. Which is why giving birth doesn't feel anywhere near as good as sex

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
What about people who are in the middle?

I don't know if anyone is really "Pro-abortion".

I hate abortion, and I'm staunchly pro-choice, without limits.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
To me abortion is nothing more than legalized pre-meditated murder.

Could you imagine if even the death penalty for rapists and murderers wen down like this:

You strap the guy face down on the table.
You take a big drill with a big drill bit and bore a hole in the back of the mans head.
You then shove in a shopvac hose and suck his brains out.
All done...

Its a good thing that someone like Tiller is no longer walking this earth. Only the almighty has the power to judge to heaven or hell based on ones deeds in life but if I were a betting man I'd say he'll be taking a quick trip south.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

The decision to carry a fetus is and must always remain the decsion of the host mother.

While the fetus remains dependant on her body for survival...
...the decision to retain the fetus remins hers.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

The decision to carry is made then the penis is allowed entry unto the vagina. People need to stop being given outlets to defer taking responsibility for taking risks.

Abortion equates to a sexual risk bail-out.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Wolf321]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
reply to post by troubleshooter

The decision to carry is made then the penis is allowed entry unto the vagina. People need to stop being given outlets to differ taking responsibility for taking risks.

Abortion equates to a sexual risk bail-out.

If the penis is carrying the fetus in your world...
...then the owner of the penis carrying the fetus can decide the fate of the fetus...
...but while the fetus resides in and is dependant on the womb of a host mother (which is the usual arrangement), then the decision remains that of the women until the fetus is an independant organism.

You and the rest of society have the right to an opinion...
...but unless you are the host mother you have no power or right to decide.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
We need to create an artificial point for when life is really a life to justify abortion. I guess if we didn’t then we could hardly live we our decisions.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I am pro-abortion.

Everyone should be required to get one, including men.

You can't get a driver's license until you show proof of at least one abortion.

more sex, more abortions.

I think the measure of a civilization is in how many abortions it has accomplished.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by slank]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
An abortion should be the mark of status & luxury.

I have had 10. What have you had?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join