It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Will Repeal Health Care Law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

GOP Will Repeal Health Care Law

www.npr.org

House Republican Leader John Boehner has said that his party will repeal the new health care law if the GOP gains a congressional majority in November.

"I think that we need to repeal the health care law and replace it with common-sense steps that will lower the cost of health insurance in America," Boehner (R-OH) tells NPR's Steve Inskeep.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Health Care Law Will Increase Costs, Experts Conclude in New Report

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

"If [Republican Sen.] Scott Brown can win in Massachusetts, there isn't a seat in America the Republicans can't win," Boehner says. "What we're seeing every day is the playing field widen, widen beyond anything we've seen around here during my 20 years."

The current political feeling is that the country is completely out of control of the American people but rather in the control of some sort of foreign entity, the Obama/ Pelosi/Reid Regime.

Health Care was passed narrowly simply by incredible vote buying and trade offs promised by the Obama administration and his democrats.

If a 1994 type political reversal happens this fall, then likely health care will go under the hatchet for obvious reasons!

www.npr.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
The republicans are corporate whores even more so than the Dems.

If you think they're going to improve healthcare, while reducing the deficit, you've got a memory that doesn't extend beyond 12 months.

/edit vote independent, otherwise you're throwing your vote away!

The Repubs and the Dems DON'T represent you. They represent corporate America, and the same health insurance lobby that managed to buy off the dems and write the health reform bill are going to buy off the repubs and rewrite it even more favorably for them and their partners.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by Kaytagg]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Vote for NEW candidates.

Our effort should be to ignore the Republicans and the Democrats and replace all of the incumbents.

A clean slate will send a HUGE message to Washington.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
You guys, the Republicans might make good on their promise and that would be great but it would be absurd to put them back in power because of one issue no matter how major that issue is.

A clean slate senate and house would be much, much better for America in the long run.

This is what the parties do, they capitalize on issues that are emotional to us to come in power and then continue to rape us. Don't get fooled by these snake oil vendors any more.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Half of all bankruptcies caused by health costs:

BOSTON - Costly illnesses trigger about half of all personal bankruptcies, and most of those who go bankrupt because of medical problems have health insurance, according to findings from a Harvard University study to be released Wednesday.

Researchers from Harvard’s law and medical schools said the findings underscore the inadequacy of many private insurance plans that offer worst-case catastrophic coverage, but little financial security for less severe illnesses.

“Unless you’re Bill Gates, you’re just one serious illness away from bankruptcy,” said Dr. David Himmelstein, the study’s lead author and an associate professor of medicine. “Most of the medically bankrupt were average Americans who happened to get sick.”

www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 1-5-2010 by Kaytagg]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I don't even know what to think the lesser evil is anymore in the health care reform debate. I know I need healthcare, my job doesn't offer it, nor my husband's job. If a law were passed that said my employer had to provide us with access to insurance that was reasonable I would be happy.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Anything at all would be better than the HCR obamanation..

If ANYONE can save America from that insanity, then no one should complain if a republican or a democrat stops it.

Rememebr there were, and are a few democrats that did not vote in favor of it, because they were being honest with the facts and their own feelings. Which is something you rarely see on capitol hill..

The HCR bill is a fastrack to martial law by how Americans will respond to it when it really kicks in and people start losing liberty. Maybe the HCR bill was carefully planned as a false flag attack? How very clever it is don't you think?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by UfoSpecial

Or it's the first step in the right direction of everyone being able to afford life saving healthcare without fear of being dropped for none reasons by greedy insurance companies.

Everyone has known this was going to be the battle cry of the republicans from day one come election time. I dont want this overthrown, I want it expanded upon and made better. Made into something other nations can look towards as a model of how their citizens should be treated.

Were letting ourselves and our neighbors down by not having a national healthcare system that helps everyone. I want a public option so I plan to vote for it in the coming elections by voting against anyone who threatens that.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
The GoP isn't going to do anything.

I agree with the sentiment to vote independent, but there is an inherent danger in that, as well, because for the most part independents have largely been ignored.

We now know what happens when you vote on a largely unknown person, so if you choose to vote Independent, be sure to do your background studying and find out as much as you can about their past history.

Right now, anything that anyone says during any campaign is highly suspect, because you cannot trust *any* of them. They are all only going to tell you what you want to hear, so stay steadfast and review their voting history.

Actions speak louder than words, and be very wary of any "newcommers", as they are the most likely ones to cross the aisles after they win.

Stay reminded of the recent Jersey vote, where once in office the winner totally flip flopped on everything he campaigned for and voted the exact oppisite, only two days after getting in office.

The GoP is gasping for air, and they are no different, they are only telling people what they think they want to hear, and they all lie when it is convenient for them to do so.

I think these upcoming election cycles will be some of the most fascinating in history to watch, because the voter base has been hit from all directions on all aspects of things affecting them personally and emotionally.

I think the upcoming elections will go down in history in a lot of ways, from unexpected wins, unexpected losses, and a huge voter turnout the likes of which has never been seen.

In saying that, I hope we do not end up with a mish mosh of a bunch of people that end up having no clue what to do to advance once they are in office, and end up following party lines out of laziness or newness. That is really one of my fears about the Independent vote.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

Thanks for the information. Another excellent reason NOT to put those economy busting, war loving, corporate suck ups in the GOP, back in office in November.

Appreciate the service you are providing here by letting people know.

Not only will they repeal health care, they are on their way to micro chipping the entire population, starting with illegals.
globalnation.inquirer.net...

US would-be lawmaker wants illegal immigrants micro-chipped

A doctor from Iowa who is hoping to be selected as a Republican Party candidate for congressional elections in November has called for illegal immigrants to be implanted with micro chips so their movements can be monitored, press reports said. Patrick Bertroche, who is vying along with six other Republicans to be selected as the party's candidate for the third district in Iowa, was quoted as saying at a forum Monday that his solution for illegal immigrants was to "catch ’em... document ’em, make sure we know where they are and where they are going.

They clearly are shooting for a Nation with a weak and helpless lower income, slave class - Healthy people who are able to fight back and think for themselves are a hitch in the gears of corporate industrial progress.

We are, I fear.... entering the Matrix.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Screw them both.

I can't remember the last time I was impressed by something GWB # out.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Those who dont have health care, have until may 22 is it? this sucks, because yesterday at my job, was deadline to have company healthcare. Aetna was the only option. Only real reason i did it, was so i dont get fined $600 next year on taxes.

If its repelled, what about those of us who already had no choice but to choose>? can we cancell/repell that too? only seems fair.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Doesn't matter who wins the election, things will go as planned.

Two sides of the same coin, we all know this. Why do we even bother voting Dem or Rep?

Really, your all wasting your time, vote independant. Clean slate as the post above stated, that would be a huge loss for them and a great win for the American People.

~Keeper

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This seems odd though, they wanna repell it..i eman they had their chance to repell it before it went through congress right? i feel like thier unpurposley jerking us back n forth for some funny or odd reason.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Grown human beings, running congress and they cant even make logical ethical choices, in cases like this! i find them to be incapable of making any descisions in a normal manner.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The cost of health care has risen exponentially, ever since government guaranteed to pay the bill. Insurance should be better regulated along with ambulance chasing lawyers, ALL toward lowering the costs.

Competition lowers price, government guaranteed payments don't. Government run health-care systems enables one class of citizens [doctors, insurance, lawyers] to enslave another class of citizens.

*Increasing the national debt, through government run health-care, enables another class [international bankers] to enslave ALL citizens by increasing interest payments on the national debt.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by zzombie]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zzombie

The cost of health care has risen exponentially, ever since government guaranteed to pay the bill. Insurance should be better regulated along with ambulance chasing lawyers, ALL toward lowering the costs.

That is the point! The current HC Bill, Medicare, Medicaid, all work together to increase medical costs dramatically. It's as though they planned it that way, doing nothing to alleviate the major causes of cost increase.

Maybe part of the plan was to design a nonfunctional legislation that someone else would have to come in, fix or repeal later!

new topics

top topics

join