It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The National Geographic's Greendex

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

You've read the news—everyone wants to be green now. But do you really know how your personal choices are adding up? What about the choices of your fellow citizens? How well are people around the globe adopting behaviors that can make the world a more environmentally sustainable place? How have they changed over the past year?

Natgeo's Greendex

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I thought that this was quite interesting. It appears many nations that many of us would consider to be some of the worst polluters, are actually doing more than expected to reduce their impact on the environment. Or so the individuals who put this study together believe, anyway.

Working on a global scale to reduce pollution and preserve the planet's ecosystem for current generations as well as future generations, is certainly a positive thing, and a step in the right direction.

It is upsetting to see the US and Canada at the bottom of the list. They do base a substantial portion of this study and their findings on consumption, however, so I suppose it isn't all together surprising.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Isosceles

They haven't changed at all it's all about greed and power.

Sad

Really

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Isosceles

They haven't changed at all it's all about greed and power.

Sad

Really

Sadly, I believe you are correct. It is unfortunate that money seems to be more important to some, than the positive effects of respecting the environment that God so graciously gave us.

new topics

top topics

join