It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: Robot that balances on a ball!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
This is just another piece of evidence that robots will one day be our
masters.

I just love what they are doing with technology these days. Enjoy!

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Your video wasn't working, so I googled cause I was curious. lol Anyway, yeah, it's awesome.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
rule us? idk about all that.

Free humans from jobs that no one wants to do? yes.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
That's great. Looks like that tech. could be used as new types of locomotion devices that humans could ride around on.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
That's pretty good - reminds me of that four-legged robot I saw a few months ago on here that leapt about like an antelope or something. Quite impressive what they are doing with robots. So long as they don't give them AI, I don't mind.

One small thing - does that 10kg brick look 10kg to anyone? It didn't to me. I know 10kg isnt heavy, but he picked it up like it was a feather, and it didnt make an impression on the robot or the ball at all. Unless that ball is very solid, surely it should have squashed it down at least a little? Not that it matters; it's the balancing that is the impressive part.

I won't be looking forward to the day robots can take over our jobs. The dangerous ones, yes, but anything else? What we do then? How would we make money? Would money cease to exist? Hardly likely. If we have no jobs, what will keep us motivated and out of trouble; what will keep us slaves to our governments?

A lot of questions and uncertainty arises when I think about robots taking over our jobs. I'm just glad that shouldn't be for quite some time.

new topics

top topics

join