It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

232 immigrant criminals off Georgia streets

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet

I say keep this up! At least 3 of these were murders, 19 were arrested in my hometown of Rome Ga, and I bet we will see at the very least a slight decrease in theft and other crimes! We had a murder here which is not solved at this point, the owner of a Latino store here, he was also latino, he was taken to his home and shot and killed, robbed. He was a legal immigrant living and being productive in this town, but you can bet your booty the ones who took from him his money and his life, were not legal! It is known that the robbers are also latino from video. Anyway, 596 is the arrest total,not all are known felons, and there were certianly not all from Mexico, The suspects represent 60 nations, including countries in Latin America, Asia, Europe, the Middle East and Africa. This is hardly the scope of our immigration problem, but it does put some perpective on the situation.

www.ajc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1-5-2010 by space cadet]

it's very possible that these supposed illegals who committed this heinous act felt no sort of kinship for their fellow hispanic and maybe even jealousy from legal status but who's to say it wasn't american citizens upset at the backlash of a bill they feel is right?

I can see how a few overzealous individuals would see bean swastikas as an insult to America.

do you recall the huge middle eastern discrimination after 9/11? would you agree that there are irrational, emotional people who let some things affect maybe too much?

let's wait for the facts first.

also, I support the removal of people who weren't contributing to society but I still don't think this is the answer.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

NOW THATS FREAKING AWSOME!!!! HOOOOOOORRRRRRAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Now that s what should be happening all throughout this Country!!!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
They need to come up here to West Grove/Avondale/Kennett Square area! The mushroom houses are full of Illegals, I worked with them at Manfredi's, I know first hand.

These are jobs that CITIZENS could have and use right now!

Good for Georgia! I salute you!

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
CALL ICE! Let them know if you know of any goings on. I have.

1-866-DHS-2-ICE

Last time I called their phone lines were overloaded. I got through on the fourth attempt. They took down my info as an anonymous tip. I used a pay phone.
(Yes, they're are still pay phones in hick ville...)

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Great find, OP

SnF

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975
All I can share is 2 of the agencies involved have friends of mine on the task force and these arrests have lead to MANY other names of people who aren't on Santa's "good" list.....

Our Task Force sweep with ICE and other agencies begin in 3 weeks....

Just a quick question dude. Is it really that smart from a tactical point of veiw to be letting that kind of information slip???? That another op begins in 3 weeks??? Kinda giving a bit of a heads up there aren't you dude?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I'm sure that most of them will just walk/swim right back across the border, unchallenged. With all of these corporations hiring them and enticing them to come back to the states with no way to keep them from crossing the border, they will just keep coming back.

I myself don't have any problems with mexicans or immigrants, legal or illegal but when we have a huge percentage of unemployment for our own citizens, something has to be done.

I would think that if you are not a citizen and you are convicted of any crime, you should not even be given the remote chance to stay here. It's good they got these alleged criminals off of the street but when are they going to focus on the real problem and secure borders? When are they going to hold the corporations accountable for hiring the illegals in the first place?
--airspoon

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
GREAT JOB GEORGIA!! Another state that is working to bring safety and prosperity to its citizens and their generations to come. EXCELLENT!

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
That is great. I wish my state would start sweeping for illegals. It would be nice if this was happening nations wide.

I say go good job to all those involved. I stand fully behind this move.

My friend rcwj1975, as always be safe and keep up the good work as well.

Raist

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by space cadet

Is about time, the illegal immigration in GA is out of the ordinary compare to border towns.

The reason is that Ga is becoming a hot spot due to the fact that GA is a welfare state, also because the farmers need for migrant workers on peak time the laws about migrant workers are no enforced and ignored.

But for what I have heard is going to be some changes due to the increase in criminal activity in the state involving illegal immigrants.

And for Gwinnett County when you go traveling through the area, before you enter the migrant hot spot the area is nice then everything change I can say that actually look like a slump and nothing but migrant people all over the place then as soon you leave the area it goes back to looking nice again.

Sad but that is my observation, live in Dougherty country.

The area of town that I grew up in is now nicknamed 'Little Mexico'. Lots of latino oriented businesses, bill pay, laundry, grocery, restraunts, ect.
Don't get me wrong, I am not against diversity in my life or town, I do already consider Rome to be very multi cultural, but I have never seen any one culture basically change the face of my city, then introduce a wave of crime that is still flooding us! These are, according to the OP, the types of immigrant legals and illegals that they are targeting, and it is warranted!

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I have seen cities where in some neighborhoods there are only spanish businesses and signs, graffiti everywhere, iron bars on shop windows, trash everywhere, increased crime etc. I too appreciate different cultures, but no other culture has changed our states the way that these people have. We cater to them with spanish signs everywhere, press one for english etc.

I am nowhere near the border or Gorgia. Good for the sweeps there! It is necessary. No one should have to live in fear or filth. It is a shame that the good immigrants have to be suspect, but we can't live like this. No one should have to.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Yeah the graffiti is here as well, all over town, not too long ago I found out that one of the symbols we see everywhere represents the 'latin kings' the largest latin gang known and with apparent roots in Chicago. The city started a gang task force as well. This is not a 'gangsta' city, we are the largest city north of Altanta, but a metropolis we are not! A bit surprising that this activity would migrate this way, but from what I have read it is mostly because of I-75 running up through GA out of FLA, and easy 'in' and route for drug transport.

en.wikipedia.org...(gang)

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerribleTeam2

Just a quick question dude. Is it really that smart from a tactical point of veiw to be letting that kind of information slip???? That another op begins in 3 weeks??? Kinda giving a bit of a heads up there aren't you dude?

No..the sweeps started in January in different regions and landed more arrests then what your reading and will land more as we go...they know its coming. Like most criminals they don't pay attention to this...they are to busy with the dope, guns, hookers, stealing stuff, running, etc....to many its a cat & mouse GAME. Now if I said exactly where I worked it MIGHT tip off a few...but you don't think there are any wanted/curent criminals on this site do you...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
They should set up a base on Powder Springs Rd in Marietta

There are more illegals then legals here that is for sure, but one thing I will say is most of them are pretty docile, kind, and mind their own business.

But sorry, if you're illegal your home is still south of the border.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I'm in georgia and the illegal migrant problem is just insane. Between the poultry processing plants and farm work available it has become absolutely ridiculous. I live in the southeastern portion of the state, statesboro/vidalia area. When driving through certain small towns and areas the graffiti (latin kings, ms-13) is everywhere. The loud thumping of what I lovingly refer to as "mexican polka" :lol men standing around drinking all the time, I sometimes wonder if this is what it's like to visit mexico! I have worked with many of these people in various poultry plants, both the legal and illegal migrants. While they are just trying to make a living for themselves and their families the line needs to be drawn when that infringes upon the rights and ability of legal citizens to do the same for their families! It sickens me to no end when I am at the grocery store, tryin to stay within my meager budget and families of known (to me) illegals are buying several grocery carts full of food with state benefits that rightfully belong to those who need the assistance and are here legally. As far as the usual response of they're here doin jobs that americans won't do is bullcrap, I grew up working in the agriculture fields here in the south cropping tobacco, cucumbers,watermelons,onions and peppers. I have worked along side many good people in these fields and processing plants here in the south and have seen hundreds if not thousands of american citizens turned away from jobs that were being given to illegals because they would work a little cheaper or would pay back a percentage of their checks to the "HR" personnell that would hire them. I am sick of watching the future of my country swirling around the drain like water being flushed down a toilet!

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Libertygal, I am so sorry you had to go through that, we have people to deal with such cases and we do not let that happen when we were in an apartment complex we do not bother with LEO we handle it in house and they never come back, they multiply like cockroaches if you let them, you have to stop them before the settle in, once they do like roaches you have to burn them out. I am a firm believer in shoot first ask questions later when it comes to the defense of self and family especial against these kinds of people. The LEO hands are tied when it comes to these people and you have to take the law into your own hands. The people I am speaking about is not only Mexicans but any person or persons whom do to there actions cause a safety hazard for the community, especially drug dealers, they will degrade property values and the neighborhood faster than you can blink and once that has happened it becomes almost impossible to regain the streets from these type of thugs. We are Americans and we have the right to defend against all such persons, and this can be done in a non violent way, it take a community to keep it clean and proper and safe so use the community to help fight any of these kind of invasions. If you join with your neighbors it is very easy to keep any undesirables out, just stage a protest camp out in front of there homes, make citizen arrest and simple hearse the heck out of them. Walk tall carry a big stick, and take no sht. God help us all against the evil that man does. Just like you see people in a neighborhood ban together to force out pedophiles you can use the same tactics to force out any undesirable, lawfully and peacefully. Strength in numbers and trust in your neighbors that join in the fight for the greater good.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Someone mentioned earlier about illegals taking jobs, I know that is very true here as well, and it is not just because the economy is down. Industrial plants are good paying jobs, and what most people around here used to have to depend on, now what has not moved to Mexico, is filled with immigrants working instead of locals. Mcdonalds is almost all latino employed. And so many other businesses. I call the cable co and cannot understand to save my life what is being said due to lack of ability to speak english by the reps. I know people who would gladly take even the Mcdonald's jobs but they are all sewn up. I talked with a friend of mine who is a manager at one here, he said they don't hire them at store level, they get the jobs online. I make less than most legal and illegal immigrants do in this area, and I have certificates in clerical and business legal, data processing, and much experience in managment!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Just wanted to add this gem of an article to my thread:

wcco.com...

Police arrested 12 after stopping a van for traffic violations

This was just one van.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join