It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thomas Jefferson Warned: Mass Immigration can destroy Nations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Jefferson's warning on Mass Immigration

My take on this: Thomas Jefferson not speaking against immigration, but speaking of the Ill effects of Mass Immigration & giving incentives to encourage it. He knew this could destroy nations.

Notes on the State of Virginia, Query 8
The number of its inhabitants?
Thomas Jefferson; 1787

Yet, from such, we are to expect the greatest number of emigrants. They will bring with them the principles of the governments they leave, imbibed in their early youth; or, if able to throw them off, it will be in exchange for an unbounded licentiousness, passing, as is usual, from one extreme to another. It would be a miracle were they to stop precisely at the point of temperate liberty. These principles, with their language, they will transmit to their children. In proportion to their numbers, they will share with us the legislation. They will infuse into it their spirit, warp and bias its direction, and render it a heterogeneous, incoherent, distracted mass. I may appeal to experience, during the present contest, for a verification of these conjectures.

But, if they be not certain in event, are they not possible, are they not probable? Is it not safer to wait with patience 27 years and three months longer, for the attainment of any degree of population desired, or expected? May not our government be more homogeneous, more peaceable, more durable?

Suppose 20 millions of republican Americans thrown all of a sudden into France, what would be the condition of that kingdom? If it would be more turbulent, less happy, less strong, we may believe that the addition of half a million of foreigners to our present numbers would produce a similar effect here. If they come of themselves, they are entitled to all the rights of citizenship: but I doubt the expediency of inviting them by extraordinary encouragements….

Source:
idexer.com...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Yup. I agree. Mass immigration will destroy nations. Too bad the indegenious people of the American landmass didnt had a thomas jefferson in their ranks.

Heil Jefferson!

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by zzombie

His comments on the dangers and stupidity of religion were far more biting. That must be why the republic of Texas wants him banned from their textbooks.

Best,
SN

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

I have to agree, it SEEMS hypocritical of him to say that, but the real raping of the west didn't start until around the time of the civil war. And even then, it wasn't the Jeffersons of that time that did it, it was the Bushs. It wasn't the common man, it was the military. The common man kept the peace and "invented" Thanksgiving with the natives. We both wanted to share the land with each other. The federal military killed, raped, and pillaged while calling the NATIVES savages.

Put down your Nazi agenda and see who the REAL villians are.

It might surprise you.

Peace

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

The oldest known skull found in North America is Caucasian 9000-13000 years old. Hmm too bad they didn't have a Thomas Jefferson in their ranks.

first-americans.blogspot.com...

[edit on 1-5-2010 by zzombie]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

Put down your Nazi agenda and see who the REAL villians are.

Peace

Nazi agenda? Have you missed my sacarsm? Looks who's the real Nazi around here!

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by zzombie

The oldest known skull found in North America is Caucasian 9000-13000 years old. Hmm too bad they didn't have a Thomas Jefferson in their ranks.

first-americans.blogspot.com...

They arrive too late. Paleo indians of asian genetic heritage arrived there first between 40,000 to 12000BC. So much for your Aryan Supremacist bunk.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

Read the whole thing & it may make more sense.... I had to trim it down or people would have lots interest...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

In the rise and fall of civilizations you have no proof that Native American Indians were here before any other civilization.... that is the point & you've taken it wrong.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by zzombie

While I have no proof as i an only an ordinary man, but my ill educated opponent, science and archeology does, you dig? ( pardon the pun).

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

I'm supposing you relied on science etc, without considering the link provided before snapping to reply.

There are a number of other cultures that have existed in the America's.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by zzombie

Whatever it is, these seeds of insidious and cunning return to racist supremacy and the Nazification of USA MUST be stopped stone cold. Our forefathers sacrificed their lives to stop civlisations such as Hitler's from growning. Their efforts must NOT be in vain for our present and next generations.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

I agree with you. I do not support Fascism etc. I support legal immigration & would say that most legal immigrants who have waited to taste the fruit from the tree of liberty, deserve it more than many Americans do [regardless of skin color]. You can see how they love this country & become great assets to it.

That said, I do not support the destruction of America by diluting the voice of Americans, by diluting their votes, by pillaging their jobs & etc with an invasion of fence jumpers. Many have no love for this country, they spit in the faces of legal immigrants & don't even bother to learn the language.

edit for clarity

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
This is simply not true by my experience.

The immigrants I have known have a greater loyalty to the US than some who were born here. Most of these immigrants come from countries where they have been very down trodden. They are more appreciative of the system here and things that we take for granted. This is why I think the immigration controversy is a staged event that is not so much to "sweep" illegals but to establish another precedence*.

I suspect the real purpose behind this is not the story you are being led to believe.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by Alethea]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

That is basically what I said. In my experience legal immigrants love this country, the ones who didn't wait in line show much less appreciation for it.
They don't respect property of Americans.

new topics

top topics

join