It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Alien Threat, or lack thereof IMO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
It amazes me at the fear that encompasses the whole "disclosure" ordeal. The only threat I see is human in nature. Meaning, if in fact Aliens are here and zooming about our planet, I firmly believe it's not because of some diabolical plan to eradicate us from existence.

This argument may be validated if we (in our current state of evolution) were capable of interstellar travel, for we would then, for all intensive purposes, perhaps be considered a threat to the Universe. We have yet to even amass a manned mission to Mars in our current technological advancement.

So if anything, we're merely being observed. The only threat that is prevalent is the threat to ourselves and the Earth that we inhabit. If I had to guess, Aliens that might be observing us have the attitude that is best depicted in the following montage and nothing more.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/623ef8609b3f.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/46b7648418d6.jpg[/atsimg]

All the Best,
UberL33t

[edit on 4/30/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Spot on, I don't know what else to say except that I agree - humanity is way out of balance, and we're blinding rushing to explore our solar system and look for people on other planets. But when we give them dinner invitations they are going to be appalled at our household, not impressed with our table manners, and not impressed with our food, and not impressed with the way we treat our pets.

So WTF are we doing indeed.

star+flag

ps, a few days ago I stole your background

[edit on 1/5/10 by ghostsoldier]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
We are on the brink of annihilating ourselves with nukes, not to forget the daily self-sabotage with ignorance, yet the speculation over some space demons is what get people all panicking. If any aliens out there have means to exterminate us, it's probably much less savage and senseless than our means.

For a species to have reached the capacity of interstellar travel, its survival probably have surpassed the petty penchant for tyranny.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I see a lot of threads covering this subject right now on the Recent Post page. This seems to be quite the topic as of late. Seemingly, the TPTB could be trying to desensitize the masses. Personally, getting over the fear is just a drop in the bucket if disclosure is going to come. We ...need A LOT of work yet!!

top topics

join