It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America and the Palestinians? Remember when?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
According to the current secretary of state our country supports the idea of a Palestinian state. Well as an Mad American, I do not nor do I support the maddam secretary. I think anyone who remembers 911 will still have the images burnt into their head of Palestinians coming out in droves celebrating by burning our flag. If you don't remember here's a link:

terror in the usa

I know the Palestinian people didn't attack us, but it wasn't because they didn't want to.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Regardless of how you feel about them and some of their actions on 9-11, I'd prefer a few things.

1) Recognize a Palestinian State if they want one seriously.
2) Stop blindly supporting Israel because they don't seem to care one whit about us.
3) Treat nations equally as business partners and do not take sides in internal disputes.

That would remove the majority of the target we've painted on our own backs. But hey, if you can't imagine why they might hate us, you haven't been paying attention.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Do you know for a fact that every single Palestinian celebrated? Those that did very likely did so because they see the US as blindly supporting Israel, the nation that is oppressing the Palestians.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Even with a "strong leader" the Palestinians cannot act as a nation-state. They have become undone on a grass-roots basis and cannot protect themselves from other opportunistic Arab/Islamic groups who choose to take advantage of their distress. They can't control their own land.

Forget morality. It's a trap. It would be better if the Palestinians could take their beach state and turn it into a resort economy. They can't. They are a destroyed and minimalized peopel.

Israel gave them land back with all the Israeli industries/settlements/buildings created by Israel. The Palestinians did nothing with them. They have been usurped by other Arabs and Iran.

Israel is going to have to appropriate the Palestinians in order to control the land they occupy.

You would be surprised at how much contempt other Arabs have for Palestinians. No one is innocent there and Palestinian land is more valuable for agendas against Israel than as land for Palestinians to develop. The Egyptians that I work for call the Palestinians "Arabian pawns" Not brother as they would with other Arabians.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
Regardless of how you feel about them and some of their actions on 9-11, I'd prefer a few things.

1) Recognize a Palestinian State if they want one seriously.
2) Stop blindly supporting Israel because they don't seem to care one whit about us.
3) Treat nations equally as business partners and do not take sides in internal disputes.

That would remove the majority of the target we've painted on our own backs. But hey, if you can't imagine why they might hate us, you haven't been paying attention.

By what you have just said, Israel would then get attacked. I don't know what information you have about Israel's Military, but lets just say they are a very powerful country. So staying out of it would also give Israel a chance to really do some damage. I know you look at the USA as supporting Israel, but I have come to think of it as the USA just trying to stop Israel from releashing their hounds.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conclusion

Originally posted by KrazyJethro

By what you have just said, Israel would then get attacked. I don't know what information you have about Israel's Military, but lets just say they are a very powerful country. So staying out of it would also give Israel a chance to really do some damage. I know you look at the USA as supporting Israel, but I have come to think of it as the USA just trying to stop Israel from releashing their hounds.

I agree. I remember during the "Gulf War" the USA really had to hold Israel back. I think the current administration is trying to bully Israel into something.

I wish the State department would put as much pressure on Mr. Calderon in Mexico as they are Israel.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

They can't control their land because America gives billions of dollars to Israel to occupy, and continue to spread outwards in a step-by-step invasion of Palestine. And if other countries did the same for Palestine, they would be part of the "Axis of Evil" your previous president politicized.

BOYCOTT ISRAEL

Political Zionism is a cancer.

[edit on 30/4/10 by ghostsoldier]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
reply to post by Loken68

They can't control their land because America gives billions of dollars to Israel to occupy, and continue to spread outwards in a step-by-step invasion of Palestine. And if other countries did the same for Palestine, they would be part of the "Axis of Evil" your previous president politicized.

Ok let's see the facts as they are:

1. Who backs Palestine? Answer=Iran and Syria see link.
Iran and Syria

2.What is their agenda? The End of the nation of Israel. see link
Iran about Israel

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conclusion
By what you have just said, Israel would then get attacked.

Perhaps, perhaps not. The same could be said about South Korea, but I feel the same way about them.

I don't know what information you have about Israel's Military, but lets just say they are a very powerful country. So staying out of it would also give Israel a chance to really do some damage.

I know enough and I agree. Yes, Israel could do some real damage and would take a lot of heat for it. There comes a point in time, though, when they have had plenty of time to get their affairs in order and we back off so we don't absorb their enemies and the responsibility for their actions as well.

I know you look at the USA as supporting Israel, but I have come to think of it as the USA just trying to stop Israel from releashing their hounds.

Actually I look at it in both respects. We buy their loyalty (tenuous as that may be) and their willingness to be restrained. However, they are big boys who are experienced in playing in the real world.

It's not like they have spent the past decades living on a tropical island. The middle east isn't a place to be careless, so I'm pretty sure they can handle things on their own.

I'm not one to look for foreign dragons to slay.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by KrazyJethro]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Can't look at it that way.

top topics

join