It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona false flag op by cops?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

PHOENIX – After a frantic hour-long desert search, authorities found a deputy wounded in a shootout Friday with suspected illegal immigrants apparently hauling bales of marijuana along a major smuggling corridor in southern Arizona.

The deputy was found with a superficial wound — a chunk of skin torn from just above his left kidney — after being shot with an AK-47 on Friday afternoon, Pinal County sheriff's Lt. Tamatha Villar said. He was flown by helicopter to a hospital in Casa Grande, about 40 miles south of Phoenix.

news.yahoo.com...

It went from potentially fatally shot in the abdomen to a superficial nick. The story doesn't hang together: if he was in radio contact, how lost could he be when superficially wounded? The whole "frantic search" bit makes zero sense, since he obviously wasn't hurt that bad, so why go overboard like they did?

Strikes me that this is a created incident intended to drum support for the illegal bill. If you looked hard enough, I'd bet he shot himself or had another deputy do it.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I don't see a conspiracy in this. A cop was shot by criminal trespassers because he was going to arrest them for also smuggling drugs into the country. Furthermore, why would the Gov't support this bill, when Obama himself has said that he thinks the bill is wrong, because it will lead to racial profiling. (which it won't).

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
took a hit,,, maybe in the vest with a 7.62X39
muzzle velocity of 710 metres per second (2,329 ft/s). Muzzle energy is 2,010 joules (1,467 ft·lbf). that's gonna hurt even as a grazing wound...

Even with shock plates that will knock the wind out ya, if not break a lot of ribs...

Yes if it were me and I wasn't knocked out I would be screaming for help on the radio, but not everyone reacts the same could have been pretty dazed after something like that

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ReVoLuTiOn76

The conspiracy part is that his wound did not make it impossible to radio in the details, since he radioed that he'd been shot. Why did the first reports say he was lost in the desert perhaps fatally wounded? A skin graze is a heck of a long way from dangerous, and if he passed out from it he's not much of a man, much less a cop. So why didn't he tell them he wasn't hurt that bad and didn't need life-flight evacuation, and save the taxpayers a ton of cash?

The whole thing was hyped from the start. What prevented him from driving out the way he came in? A skin graze might make it uncomfortable, but not remotely impossible. How could he be "lost"? Don't squad cars have gps locators?

The whole story sounds fishy in the extreme.

I'd be checking his connections to anti-illegal groups, white supremist groups, and the like.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Ever been in the desert?

You can get lost going out into a 1 mile stretch if you don't know the area.

Lets see how superficial you think a wound is after you get shot with an AK. Those bad boys carry some stopping power. I'm sure you wouldn't be walking out from the desert either if you had the same injury.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Well if he was shot and there was a lot of blood, then it would be very critical. But as the doctors got in, got it all cleaned up and took a look, then the condition is upgraded. I really don't see it being a conspiracy, if you consider this. Most police officers are not equiped to handle military hardware being shot at them. If he was shot by an AK47, and that is classified as a piece of military hardware, it can be pretty life threatening depending on where he was shot.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Let someone shoot you with an AK and only take a hunk of flesh, nothing fatal and lets see how big of a man you are.

Its easy to talk down about someone if you never been down that road.

Now come the part where you say that you have been shot. Looking forward to it.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
no offense
but the only false flag I see here
is that the OP has tried to connect
the dots on a situation that is not there.
A cop was wounded on duty by criminals.
Just so happens these criminals were
hispanic. If they had been Canadian, you
would not have posted this ridiculous claim.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Miracle Man

Well as a matter of fact, Miracle Man, I have been shot with an AK-47, in my knee. It did a little more than nick the skin, I was lucky I still have a knee left, and I walk funny to this day, 23 years later. They certainly do have a hell of a lot of stopping power. If he was wearing body armor, which spreads out the impact, it probably felt like he'd been hit by a car.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Desert, mountains, forests, plains...yeah I know how easy it is to get lost if you aren't paying attention or you are a newby to the environment.

But a trained police offer charged with running down drug smugglers? Don't all phones have gps locators in them these days? Wouldn't his car or radio have a gps locator?

While I've never been hit, I've been shot at lot, got robbed and pistol-whipped once, got a nasty cut that highly annoyed me. I've seen guys grazed by AKs who barely noticed the fact.

Still seems too pat, coming on the heels of the anti-illegal law.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I for one am glad that someone brought this up. Denying ignorance means not discounting an idea simply because we do not like it without any conclusive evidence either way. It's as likely as not, and it would serve the interests of the supporters of the controversial immigration bill which Arpaio has already been on Larry King Live lamely trying to defend. Arpaio is tthe kind of guy who would justify doing something like this to himself enough to go ahead with it..if it is a false flag.

Not only have there already been a lot of drug related outbreaks of gang violence in the borderlands, supporting the idea that it was a a genuine attack on a cop...the immigration bill has drawn a lot of unwaznted attention from Washington and the people (for once), supporting the idea that it was a false flag as far as motive.

I'm just saying that it can go either way and without an objective investigation, it can neither be confirmed nor denied outright based on emotion and personal political ideology or agenda.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman

Desert, mountains, forests, plains...yeah I know how easy it is to get lost if you aren't paying attention or you are a newby to the environment.

But a trained police offer charged with running down drug smugglers? Don't all phones have gps locators in them these days? Wouldn't his car or radio have a gps locator?

While I've never been hit, I've been shot at lot, got robbed and pistol-whipped once, got a nasty cut that highly annoyed me. I've seen guys grazed by AKs who barely noticed the fact.

Still seems too pat, coming on the heels of the anti-illegal law.

This is a brilliant analysis. Quite right. It WOULD be easy to get lost out there if you didn't know what you were doing, but a cop would simply be "on his beat." He would be intimately familiar with the area, as would all of the officers sent to his rescue so no frantic search would have been necessary.

The hype about the frantic search could also be due to an over-reactive media looking for fear ratings.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Turns out he's a search & rescue deputy and was working a "high-traffic" smuggling route. "High traffic" = well-known, very familiar territory.

How can a search and rescue deputy be lost in a very well-known and familiar piece of territory?

It just doesn't smell right.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Yeah. The more I look at this, the more it stinks. I've always been able to smell a lie like a fart in a car. It's what they say about being in recovery...can't bull* the bull*er.

edit to add: Not that I'm saying I'm not open to the possibility, but it kinda stick out to me. I think it would have to be up to a jury to decide though...if we had a working criminal justice system, that is.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by 4by4dave]

new topics

top topics

join