It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the US use a mini-nuke to seal off the oil spill?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Why not?

Or they could set the entire spill on fire. This would make for some good pictures from space.

I would be willing to bet that the well head is shut off by some sort of explosive, but I guess it will be a while.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Lol? It would remove materials from the site and potentially open up the wound more if not open more wounds.... You cannot just bomb things like this to fix it...

Setting the entire thing on fire was my best idea, but they should have done it when they first noticed it, not now.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by A-E-I-Owned-You]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by chorizo4

Rightttt, kill all of the aquatic life in the affect zone. The radiation should spread pretty nicely, though it would dissipate over distance but the affects it would cause to the local area should be A-Okay.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I have to agree with the others
a nuke is not the answer here

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by chorizo4

I hate to answer a question with a question but... Why do you think using a "mini-nuke" would help the situation?

Setting it on fire might have helped contain it if done quickly but it could create an explosion if done to close to the source, or if it was too concentrated. Regardless, I would hope that no one would set a massive oil spill on fire because it would make "good pictures from space".

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
For the sake of expediency:

All new threads concerning the BP Gulf Oil Spill are closed and redirected here

Please add comments to the collective thread.

Closed

new topics

top topics

join