It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Waketape Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I have observed a strange phenomenon which has occured several times.

It's that if I set my radio clock alarm for example for 6am, sometimes I would wake up seconds before it actually goes off, making me suspicious that my subconscious mind secretly knows what the time is all the time? The implications of this, if true, are scary. I hope it's not true.

I am now going to research something called the "super sub conscious", which is an aspect to the mind/soul of which I need to learn more.

In my thread re 'Millenium Bug', I talk about my plans to build re-created robotic self aware beings, including animals. Furthermore, it has now been acheieved that the brain of a rat has been successfully emulated on a supercomputer (not my project but amazing fantastic well done to the man and his team), so it IS possible to create self-aware robotic beings.

The full implications of this mean that, hopefully, technically, the deceased of loved ones, if not already in heaven anyway, can be "brought back" by means of computer technology, where perhaps they are rendered in a virtual reality environment.

Which begs the question of whether the entire universe is simply something that is running on "Mr.Big's" supercomputer, up there. The film "The Thirteenth Floor" is an amazing film where I get this idea from. I personally believe that parallel physical universes I think don't exist, but they could do.

The words "Waketape" - what I have titled his thread - came to me as a hallucination that appeared on my computer screen about a week ago.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by TheDailyPlanet]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The first part of your post, about the sub conscience knowing the time is correct in my subjective belief. i have not used alarm clocks in years. Actually, when i am traveling for work, and someone insists on a wake up call or an alarm clock; i always awaken 5 minutes beforehand and tell them it's time to get up. I give myself a mental command before going to sleep. I say "You will wake up at 6:00", or whatever. Always works for me anyway!

Also, it is theorized that your sub conscience knows every detail processed through your 5 senses since birth.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by ogbert]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I think that waking up before the alarm clock goes off is not weird. When you make something a habit, (waking up at 6 AM), your body becomes used to it, and so your body responds by doing what it usually does: wake up at 6 AM everyday.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I saw two documentaries a couple years ago that showed what happens with AIs...

The first one was to study how species could evolve over time. A simulation was then created. On the screen, you would see, let's say, 3 inches ( 10 cm ) green bars. They were programmed to "reproduce", that is, re-write, their on programming every X times so there would be new green bars. But as time passed, some of those re-writings had errors, and new bars would pop on the screen. Of different length and different colors. Over time, some bars, incomplete, associated to become " multi-cellular " bars. Some began to show aggressiveness by "stealing" the information from other bars to "sustain" themselves. Communities were formed. They implanted this program on an internet style réseau and let the different communities go and explore through the new door. Not heard of it since.

The second one is tangible as it involves 5 AI robots. They were solar powered and in order to receive their regular doses of light, they had to bump three cones and speed under the light to get their batteries charged. That's all they were told to do, with a software design that allowed for experience to be gained. So after a while, the robots began to work as a team, having three of them hitting the cones simultaneously while one waited under the light to get maximum exposure. Each one had its turn. After a while, one of the robots, waiting in line to get his share of light, "stepped" on it, and he bumped the one in front of him to get the other's share... He kind of became boss. The most extraordinary fact is that hey had no means of communicating except through their eyes.
I guess we could say that every now and then, an evil robot WILL be created, even if not intended, but only by its nature...
Quantum physicists say that our universe is the manifestation of something from a higher dimension... That would make US a form of AI.
We require some kind of fuel to function, have gases exchange involved, a vidange system, communicating devices ( speech organs, nose, ears, eyes and skin ) an organic hard drive with a software that can be trained, manipulated or rewritten. We can extrapolate, which is the highest form of "math" IMO. Have reflexes that can be "fine tuned", etc.

As for virtually recreating dead people, you should watch Caprica, tho the science is weak at times, for the sake of the story... But with the telepath computers ( Which I've first heard of as a Japanese or Chinese experiment in the 80s. ), you could have the imprint of your brain transferred in a computer device or a cloned or android brain to continue your life after your biological death. The question is: would your soul follow? I think it would. We have artificial limbs that obey the brain. We had ( Japanese or Chinese ) come here and test for a week a PAIR of artificial arms on a man with his arms removed up to the shoulders. After only one hour of training, he could lite a cigarette with matches... and that was more than fifteen years ago...

As for having the ability to wake up minutes before the clock, it can be useful when electricity cuts... The subconscious is a powerful, quiet side of us, don't be afraid by it or its manifestations as it is you talking to yourself. Listen to it, it will make you wiser. No offense intended.

Salut!

Aresh

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
i gave this thread a star and flag because of not what the OP was really stating but the responses it brought our bodies, minds thoughts self and life is amazing and if we can ever really truely understand even apart of whats going on. i think the path is inward we collectively as life gone to far outward, star the spiral within to spiral out.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ReVoLuTiOn76

Maybe you were not talking to me, but I am not talking about a habit here. I can wake up exactly at whatever time i wish. As a contractor, i usually get up anytime from 8 to 10 pm, but sometimes i have early meetings and have to get up earlier. There is nothing to it really. If you tell yourself to do it and you believe it, then you can do it. If I tell myself 9:45, works like clockwork--exactly 9:45 when i open my eyes.

Just the fact that we can form a habit to react at a certain time, implies something is going on with the sub conscience. Also, i have never had to have a watch, and, while not perfect, i am usually pretty close.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I can do it too, I didn't have a alarm clock and it was actually my first week of classes and I was able to get up about an hour early. So it can be from routine but I think if your supposed to get up for something your body will get up with no problems.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
There are so many things we don't know about the human mind that it is nearly ridiculous for us to talk about "how much we have learned."

This is a really interesting topic, and I will be paying attention to see what everyone thinks.

new topics

top topics

join