It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sighting just now, central PA. NO JOKE.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

I guess you're right, I was pretty worked up. I'll be honest and say that the first thing I thought of, was of course getting abducted later on tonight. Over reaction yes, but it's quite amazing how I instantly thought of that when seeing it. Too much ATS? lol.

All in all, it was a very interesting experience and who knows what it was. It's nice that people reacted to my thread who saw possibly the same thing, this is why I love ATS.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I don't think stealths run lights at any time. to the naked eye it looked like a star. I originally thought that it was "Iss" because I've saw it crossing before and the amount of light was about the same but according to sat trac it was over Lybia at the time. If it was military it was doing some radical manuevers.

Source

[edit on 30-4-2010 by Loken68]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Sorry about that uber. You are correct

[edit on 30-4-2010 by manta78]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

this is why I love ATS.

I second that

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loken68
I don't think stealths run lights at any time. to the naked eye it looked like a star. I originally thought that it was "Iss" because I've saw it crossing before and the amount of light was about the same but according to sat trac it was over Lybia at the time. If it was military it was doing some radical manuevers.

Source

[edit on 30-4-2010 by Loken68]

Well I did a quick path on Google Earth, from NW Georgia (Don't know what city you're near) and it's practically dead on as far it being in my field of view. Who knows?

This is assuming that it kept a similar flight path.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Don't let it creep you out. A personal sighting is something wonderful, even if you can never verify exactly what it was. My advice is to try and make it fit within the parameters of the ISS, or other known craft, and if it does NOT fit, then you have a wonderful and possibly life-changing personal sighting under your belt.

Just the thought that it hit you on a real emotional level makes it sound familiar.

If we work to explain our sightings, even though that is less exciting than seeing a UFO, and we are unable to explain them, then that is the good stuff, IMO.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

I'm ok now lol, I was just excited about this thing. I'm going to be out at night a lot more often now. I'm going to have my camcorder on standby at a moments notice in case I see something again in the future.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Dont let others bring you down, if you think and want believe it was a UFO or a drone of a ufo, go ahead and believe it.

ATS isnt what it used be.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Dont let others bring you down, if you think and want believe it was a UFO or a drone of a ufo, go ahead and believe it.

I don't think others were trying to bring me down. It was a UFO, Unidentified Flying Object. I know for a fact that it was not a plane, it was obvious by the way it was swaying side to side while moving forward, and I have 2 other people who saw it with me.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I'm ok now lol, I was just excited about this thing. I'm going to be out at night a lot more often now. I'm going to have my camcorder on standby at a moments notice in case I see something again in the future.

Goodonya!
Welcome to the dark underbelly of folks who survey the night skies.
I go out at least once a week with night vision and an elderly camcorder and look for stuff. I don't want you to think that I was being 'casual' about your sighting, because I'm always envious of people who have valid sightings. I've had three in my life, and hope like hell I can capture the fourth on some sort of transferrable media.

I dont' have any doubt that there are sometimes craft in the skies that are not conventionally known. I believe some of them are not Terrestrial. I'd love to be able to prove it. I spend a fair amount of time on www.heavens-above.com, so that I can know when and where Terrestrial satellites, iridium flares and the like are visible.

Thanks for your thread; I think we should all document our sightings, and asking others in the area -- as you did -- if they saw anything is a good first step.

cheers!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
There are sightings of strange objects all over the world on a daily basis. ATS only gets a very small percentage of the reports.

The refusal to believe by such a huge percentage of people in the face of years of reports, of many photos and videos which are beyond explanation, of people like the ex Canadian defense minister who essentially did "disclosure" himself, of astronauts and cosmonauts, ex-military people, just defies logical explanation.

For some reason the existence of ET just cannot be accepted as a reality by a huge percentage of the population.

You saw what you saw, I suspect you saw something that is not of this Earth. There is nothing to be frightened of, because as so many people have said, "If they meant us harm we would have all been dead long ago".

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

I don't think others were trying to bring me down. It was a UFO, Unidentified Flying Object. I know for a fact that it was not a plane, it was obvious by the way it was swaying side to side while moving forward, and I have 2 other people who saw it with me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is no question that you saw an unidentified flying object or
ufo. If you knew what it was, you would not have posted. Whether
it was from this earth (military) or ET is not known. I think however it doesn't hurt to consider all possible scenarios of what it could have been. I actually think that type of viewpoint is a growing process of ATS members analysis of various issues, vs. automatically taking "the aliens are coming" position on every
case, as has happened many times on ATS, in the past which does not help our reputation. Continue to keep your eyes on the sky my friend, you never know what you may discover!

[edit on 30-4-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Have you checked the MUFON site? Or maybe check it in the next few days. Might be some corroboration there?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
look whatever you saw did not land and abduct you. so dont worry about it next time and there will be a next time keep your camera closer

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by argentus

Don't let it creep you out. A personal sighting is something wonderful, even if you can never verify exactly what it was.

I still remember my first and only personal sighting. Two friends and I were hanging out at the beach around 2AM and all of a sudden we see this white flash of light shoot out of the water into the sky. My friends and I all looked at each other with pretty much a "WTF" just happened look and just got the hell out of there. The weird thing is two years later I brought it up to one of my friends who was with me and he had no idea what I was talking about. The same with the other. I still don't understand how they can forget what we say that night.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Just checked Mufon, several sightings:
Mufon

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I think a lot of people have been spending more time looking up these days then ever before. I don't think it is just because of all the talk of disclosure, 2012 and coronal mass ejections. For many it is just an abstract feeling.

I have always been a sky gazer. I am that person that can spend hours lying on my back making images out of the clouds and admiring the majesty of the stars and the moon.

I wish I could say that I have seen something at any time that I feel beyond a shadow of a doubt was other worldly. I have not been that fortunate but I do not doubt that others may have been luckier than me.

If I am ever lucky enough to see an identifiable flying object from beyond our planet, I will be like that guy with the lotto ticket where every number is just one digit off. I don't have a video camera and if I did I wouldn't have it stuck to my face 24/7 hoping for that money shot. So like everything else in life it would come down to two camps. Believers and non-believers.

I choose to believe people if they say they have seen, but it really would be nice to see the pictures.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

I think the Stealth Planes were decommissioned a few years ago.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by manta78

I think the Stealth Planes were decommissioned a few years ago.

------------------------------------------------------------------

True. However have you ever heard of "ghost fleets"? Term refers to
ships but the same principles are involved in aircraft.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The F117 is not a fighter actually.

It's an attack aircraft. It does not carry any air to air weaponry.

F117 only carries two laser/sat guided munitions.

So technically it is a bomber.

They called it a fighter to mislead spies from knowing what they were talking about.

Just a FYI.

BTW, I tend to think the OP's story is true. As I have seen such zig-zag ufo patterns myself. Good story.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join