It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a fear of flying

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I really am freaked out of wanting to go on a plane for a future holiday what can I do to stop going crazy on the plane???
I developed this fear as I have got older, I wasn't scared as a child even though I have never been on one.

any advice?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I would give this a try. It looks like it might help you, and it's free.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Learn how to fly.
Once you understand how the equipment works you'll lose the fear.

www.flights4all.com...

The only other thing I could suggest is to be in a crash and walk away like this happens every day. After the fact you can shake and cry privately, but surviving such an event will change the way you think about aircraft.

Worked for me......

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I know how to fly but i still hate it.....

first i'll tell you what the pros use- valium. yes, really.

it seems like the whole idea behind airports is to see how much fear the individual can take. from the moment you walk in and are under surveillance to the time you get your baggage and get outside, there is the constant threat of being detained or asked to 'step aside'. it's tangible in the air.

i hate flying and the last time i did, i lost $10K on a deal gone bad.........definitely wasn't worth the aggravation.
peace

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Well,I have no fear of flying in a plane at all.

It is the possibility of the airplane falling out of the sky and crashing in a huge fire ball that has me scared to heck.

When the airlines implement "cost cutting measures" it usually means cutting down on maintenance.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
It helps to know that the plane will glide a certain amount of time like a pelican if the engine fails, it doesn't just fall out of the sky. And that's pretty much all you need.

If the wings or tail are gone though it cancels out this nice gliding feature.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I have two major fears, spiders and flying. I had no problem as a child flying but as I got older I became terrified of planes. The strange thing is once I am in the air I am fine, it's the landing and taking off that puts me in a panic. I literally have to take something so I don't pass out. As soon as I get in an airport I start sweating and the closer to the gate I get the worse it gets. The last time I flew I cried getting on the plane, the ticket guy was a jerk and didn't make me feel any better, he actually made me feel like crap. I have to get over my fear soon though, my bf is getting ready to be in Italy for a while and if I want to see him I have to fly. I guess I will have to get over my fear before November and it scares the crap out of me. I am not looking forward to flying over the ocean at all.

I am not a fan of pills but my doctor gave me 4 xanax to help me relax, they worked and this time I will need something stronger or a bottle of jager
I just want to sleep through it. I don't want to be awake. Having my ipod helps too. I just listen to music that makes me feel better, it would be great if I could access ATS while I am flying, then I can mutter the time away!

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jumpingbeanz
I really am freaked out of wanting to go on a plane for a future holiday what can I do to stop going crazy on the plane???
I developed this fear as I have got older, I wasn't scared as a child even though I have never been on one.

any advice?

Have you ever been a passenger in someone elses car?
It's not much, but think about it.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
I have two major fears, spiders and flying.

What about flying spiders?

They must be your ultimate nightmare! Or do they cancel each other out so it's no longer a problem?

new topics

top topics

join