It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Orders Blackout Over North Korean Torpedoing Of Gulf Of Mexico Oil Rig

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

US Orders Blackout Over North Korean Torpedoing Of Gulf Of Mexico Oil Rig

www.whatdoesitmean.com

A grim report circulating in the Kremlin today written by Russia’s Northern Fleet is reporting that the United States has ordered a complete media blackout over North Korea’s torpedoing of the giant Deepwater Horizon oil platform owned by the World’s largest offshore drilling contractor Transocean that was built and financed by South Korea’s Hyundai Heavy Industries Co. Ltd., that has caused great loss of life, untold billions in economic damage to the South Korean economy, and an environmental catastrophe to the United States.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
If this is true this is totally crazy! I'm not sure if I totally believe this article but I've found a few other sources on the web that are also saying that this might actually be the case. I found this on Fark and they tend to be pretty good with their articles. What do you guys think of the legitimacy of this one?

www.whatdoesitmean.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
More bollox from Sorcha Faal

Where do they get these stories from?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
He/She makes it up on the spot.

And people keep posting those stories AGAIN AND AGAIN.. even if it's utter BS.

Please people, REMEMBER THIS NAME : SORCHA FAAL IS A FICTION AUTHOR. IT'S UTTER BS. STOP POSTING IT.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Sorcha Faal, not again...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Sorry, I didn't know that this person was unreliable.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by justinsweatt
Sorry, I didn't know that this person was unreliable.

Totally unreliable. The mere mention of the name connected to any story is usually immediately discredited.

Would you prefer this thread closed or do you believe it might hold a kernel of truth? Your call.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Yip Sorcha Faal stories are crap will always be repeated here at the EUTIMES into the bargain with no mention of the author. Check it out!

EUTIMES

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by justinsweatt

Not only unreliable but a complete fabrication. Put that name here in the search and read the crap this 'person' spews! You will get educated.
Zindo

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Closed

Bye Sorcha...

Opened for discussion of this story AND Sorcha Faal stories in general.

[edit on 30/4/10 by masqua]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I just don't understand the point of this sorcha faal person. Are they making money? Is it one person or a group? Why bother even writing these stories, especially using the same name over and over.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I know a lot of journalists and this is false. Their organizations would have been contacted and they would have been informed. "Media blackouts" don't happen, except maybe the mainstream media.

The government knows better than to call up the grassroots news orgs and say "hey guys you can't report this!"

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
So let me get this straight.

If you want to hide the truth, just get Faal to report it, and then no one will ever believe it?

I haven't seen ANYONE PROVE this a HOAX.

PROVE that the North Korean cargo vessel Dai Hong Dan was not in the area the article specified. PROVE IT.

I thought it was BS too, until I actually read the report.

If the Dai Hong Dan was actually 130miles away from the Oil Rig when they claim, than this story may actually have truth in it.

I am actually going to be looking forward to a good debunking.

I do not think this is a proven HOAX yet. Not by a long shot.

We need sources to disprove it. Thanks.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
reply to post by justinsweatt

Not only unreliable but a complete fabrication.

You are no better than Faal if you cannot supply sources to corroborate your theory.

Was the Dai Hong Dan there or not?

Let's see some actual proof.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Disprove these claims.

1) The Dai Hong Dan left Havana, Cuba on April 18th.

2) It deviated course to within 130miles proximity to Deepwater Horizon rig.

Threads worth reviewing.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It has been discussed multiple times that North Korea has a fleet of "suicide submarines". This is nothing new.

Let's debunk this one properly please.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Here's a little history on the Dai Hong Dan.

Well-trained North Korean Crew Members Knock Down Pirates

The crew members of a North Korean freighter, the Dai Hong Dan, are drawing a lot of attention for their act in an incident where they escaped a hijacking off the coast of Somalia after a deadly fight with pirates.

According to AFP on the 30th, a spokesman for the Mombasa-based Seafarers Assistance Program in Kenya, a non-governmental organization dedicated to seafarers’ well-being said, “A North Korean cargo ship was hijacked by eight pirates but 22 North Korean crew members regained control of the ship after a firefight with the pirates. The North Korean freighter is now heading back to Mogadishu port”

The North Korean cargo vessel had been docking at Mogadishu port since Oct 20th. However, it was seized by hijackers between the evening of 29th and the morning of 30th. In the course of the event, the Dai Hong Dan sent a distress signal, which was received by the Kuala Lampur-based International Maritime Bureau (IMB) in Malaysia. The IMB then passed on the signal to the Bahrain-based US Naval Forces Central Command.

The USS James E. Williams which was then 95 kilometers distant from the North Korean ship promptly responded to the signal. The US warship ordered the pirates to give up their weapons through wireless communication. The unexpected intervention of the US Navy perplexed the pirates. The North Korean crews seized the opportunity. They drew out weapons and defeated bandits.

------------------------------------

A defector, Choi Myung Il (pseudonym) said, “Most of North Korean seafarers of international trade or cargo ships have at least ten years of military service. They also receive martial arts training to prepare themselves for a time of emergency. Therefore, it is not that difficult for the crewmen to defeat the pirates.”

He added, “Overseas ship usually carries small quantities of arms. Normally, security agents go on board with oversea crew members and watches their activities. It is possible that an agent who was boarding the Dai Hong Dan could have ordered the crewmen to fight”

Read more: Daily NK

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Wow that is a very interesting story.

So we now have sources that back up the claim that the Dai Hong Dan is crewed by highly trained professionals who have "at least 10 years military experience".

This is starting to fit together actually. Hmm.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

It's possible that Sorcha Faal used the name Dai Hong Dan because it's been in the news before and can be verified as belonging to North Korea.

It's also possible that the crew was able to fight off the pirates because they are a secret military vessel crewed by hardened military sailors.

Discerning the truth in this matter may just be impossible.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
www.digital-seas.com...

Can anyone get access to this web site?

It seems to have the EXACT info we are looking for.

Dai Hong Dan = IMO: 7944695

This is how I found this information. With the IMO #

I need someone with access to read this.

It may or may not have movements tracked, I seem to be locked out of accessing the information.

If anyone can read it please post the movement /tracking information. THANKS!!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/35c0d386b07ba17a.jpg[/atsimg] No info as far as I can see.

My only interest in this page is figuring out why there is no info past January.

Probably something dumb like no user generated updates but strange nonetheless.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join