It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experts: Oil May Be Leaking at Rate of 25,000 Barrels (1,050,000 gallons) a Day in Gulf

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Experts: Oil May Be Leaking at Rate of 25,000 Barrels a Day in Gulf

online.wsj.com

WASHINGTON—The Gulf of Mexico oil spill could be leaking at a rate of 25,000 barrels a day, five times the government's current estimate, industry experts say.

Basing their calculations on government data and standard industry measurement tools, the experts said the Gulf spill may already rival the historic 1969 Santa Barbara, Calif., and 1989 Exxon Valdez disasters.

Ian MacDonald, professor of oceanography at Florida State University who specializes in tracking ocean oil seeps from satellite
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
1000 barrels of oil spilling daily in the Gulf!
Another oil rig overturns in inland waters off the coast of morgan city, Lousiana
BP (British Petroleum) Oil Spill In Gulf Now Up To 200,000 Gallons A Day
Oil Slick in Gulf of Mexico (Following Thread!)

[edit on 30-4-2010 by 911stinks]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Now it's 25000 barrels a day, or 1,050,000 gallons a day?

This disaster is just getting started. They've already dumped over 100,000 gallons of "dispersant". Who knows what invisible poisoning that is doing to the environment.

April 20th. Interesting that something was predicted during the Satanist's holidays Apr 19th-May 1st. Wonder what kind of goodies tomorrow holds?

Can't understand why one of these oil spill threads aren't on the top of the front page. This will make a hurricane look like child's play.

Speaking of hurricanes. What happens when the winds put all this oil on land? Pretty ugly scenario.

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 911stinks

I heard on the local New Orleans Radio Station " The Big 870 WWL AM" That there was talk about using GMOs ( Geneticly Modified Organisims )to "eat" The Oil out of the LA marshes.

Are they [snip] Nuts? We already have 1 Disaster the Feds are Screwing up. Now they want to use GMOs. That could be Far Worse!

IDIOTS!

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 30/4/10 by masqua]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Who knows what's going on? Everytime we turn around, another story is being reported.

I watched the Coast Guard lady say there was no leak, besides the platform.

This was after the platform sunk. Then they say it's leaking 1000 barrel, then 5000 barrels, now, it may be as much as 25000 barrels.

This is getting so typical. Government can't get their story straight because it's full of lies.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I could not Agree more. I have a thread on the topic that may be of some intrest.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 911stinks
reply to post by SWCCFAN

This was after the platform sunk. Then they say it's leaking 1000 barrel, then 5000 barrels, now, it may be as much as 25000 barrels.

This is getting so typical. Government can't get their story straight because it's full of lies.

Or, it could be that at first there was a small leak, which has got worse?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Everything I read or see about this oil leak makes me want to puke. I mean it. I am just sick over the losses that will inccur, and I do mean lives lost, every living thing in it's path is at risk and my heart aches for them!

new topics

top topics

join