It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal immigrant wounds Arz. officer

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Round up all illegals and question them and cross examine them. Any who are not suspect should be deported. This is probable cause enough to question immigration status.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
You can save your concern: it's a superficial wound.

Save your concern? Are you kidding me? A deputy gets shot in the abdomen with an AK-47, and just because the bullet wasn't 2 inches to the right you have the nerve to imply nobody should be concerned?

While the OP should probably remove the word "Fatally" from the thread title, I still find some of the heartless comments, obviously driven by a racial and/or political agenda, repulsive, to say the least. Even worse, is the fact that they accuse everyone else of using this incident to further theirs!

If you think, just because it's gotten more attention than usual, that this doesn't happen every day in Arizona, think again. It's out of control down there. If it wasn't, and the Federal Government was actually doing their job, the state would never have been compelled to take the action they did with the new law.

Your true colors are showing people. (no pun intended)

Originally posted by haterproof
Any attempt to link this to the immigration issue is transparently disingenuous.

After a frantic hour-long desert search, authorities found a deputy wounded in a shootout Friday with suspected illegal immigrants apparently hauling bales of marijuana along a major smuggling corridor in southern Arizona.

You're beyond delusional if don't see the link.

I applaud Arizona, and really hope other states follow their lead. Fix this crap America, it's ruining lives.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

Time to go fire a few 100 to get back in form. A little early this year. Usually do that prior to deer season. Oh well.

Where they doing the interviews?

So I take it you are voluteering to shoot anyone who tries to cross the border illegally? What about the ones that aren't cartel members?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by firsttimecaller

Originally posted by endisnighe

Time to go fire a few 100 to get back in form. A little early this year. Usually do that prior to deer season. Oh well.

Where they doing the interviews?

So I take it you are voluteering to shoot anyone who tries to cross the border illegally? What about the ones that aren't cartel members?

They could be terrorists.

Muslim extremists are also using the southern channels to sneak into the porous borders of the USA.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

That's good that they are using those advisories, that's #ing horrible that they have bounties on border patrol agents especially when you consider the CIA is probably working with them, wtf. Keep in mind that this was several months ago so this agent was not doing anything wrong. Also the fact that he successfully wounded one of them meant one of them got caught. It seems like he went down fighting for his life in the line of duty. If only he was not alone he may have been able to overcome the situation or avoid it altogether.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by sremmos]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Im Apache/Spaniard mix living in southern Arizona originally from Albuquerque so I have seen these problems from both Arizona and New Mexico. I Support the new AZ bill. And if anyone missed it AZ today passed a new amendment to the bill making it clear that the new law forbids racial profiling. Those that dont live in the border states dont have a clue as to extent of the problem with illegals and the drug cartels/traffickers has gotten over the years.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
It's very unfortunate and sad another official was killed. This has been an ongoing battle for years though however...

You know how people are saying that there isn't really a raise in natural disasters and such and that it's just because we have more reports/data coming in? Well in that case it's not true (at least I believe natural disasters are increasing) but in this case it is. More reporting = better coverage (obviously).

I just hope that the more reporting doesn't equal out to more back lashing by immigrants and the rest of the US citizens.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Well the news aren't reporting what's going on with the death of ranchers and police officers by the invaders. How about surrounding your property with an electric fence if you can afford it and even some booby traps?

Dig some holes and cover them to look like grass and brush, the invader falls into the hole for you to deal with them.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeeker8300

that would be a bigger danger to my two year old granddaughter than the cartels...
better to just pack up and move out of the line of fire dont ya think...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
My prayers are with the police officers family and friends.

I can not believe that this is even a topic of debate in America. My mother was able to come here legally with just the shirt on her back. She immigrated from England back in the 1980's.
- She had NO money! ($120!)
- No food!
- She stayed with her divorced husbands family (My Dad's mother and father)
- She went to Lancaster County Court House and applied for help in obtaining a green card so that she could work.

Once she was granted help from the county office there was no problem at all! They appreciated the fact that she went through the trouble of at least letting them know she had arrived in America to better our lives. She waited about 6 weeks to get the actual "Green Card"(funny because it's not really green!). Having the Green Card she applied to for nursing school to further her education. She was an LPN in England and wanted to become an RN so that we could have a good life.

The point of my little story, and trust me there is way more to it, is to say that these immigrants should be lucky an already existing law that has been on the books for years, is now being enforced! This officer being shot just shows how much disrespect these HAND OUT JULIOS, have for the United States. We are not a watering trough placed here to serve all of the Worlds problems. Come here legally! There are HUNDREDS of ways in which to do so!

Calling me a racist just makes you look like a fool, don't bother.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

You move, the problem spreads. Just keep your baby from those holes.

Or pretend to hire some invaders, put them in the back of your truck and drive them to the police or immigration center.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
You all realize that the quickest way to drum up support for this kind of bill is to create an enemy that it's directed at right?

So we had illegal immigrants, people have bee screaming that they are just like you and me.

Now today, we see them as drug smuggling murderers, who shot a local cop.

Enemy created, support created. Two birds with one stone. I would not be suprised if this is just one of those stories that may not be entirely accurate.

Remember the propaganda campaign for Domestic Terrorism is strong my friends, and they always start with those who aren't native to the country.

~Keeper

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
We need some type of wall on the border like the 'others' have in the TV show LOST.. Those silent frequency wave generators.. spaced every 50ft.. if you walk between them, it fries your brain and you die.

I know they can make something like that.. It's similar to an LRAD....

[edit on 5/1/2010 by Pharyax]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
This story so doesn't make sense.

Initially it was a DPS officer who was making a traffic stop. Then somehow he ended up over a mile off the road alone, away from his vehicle.

The initial story is obviously fabricated. I can't wait till they announce the deputy shot himself during a bad drug deal or something.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by St-Patrick

Actually their not doing as much as you think. 24 foot wall> Done! Water nets off the shores. We're afraid to be Politically incorrect as a nation. We will go to war with imaginary enemies half way across the world, however we refuse to use the same level of action here at home. Also who ever said Nuking Mexico was a good Idea, take a trip to Mexico City and then go to Chicago, and tell me which one you would rather nuke. The reason Mexicans come here is because we NEED them. We need them because we don't understand how to truly live equally, we as a Nation feel that there must be a "Lower" Class of people to take care of us. Watch the Movie "A day with out a Mexican". I'm not saying allowing Illegal Aliens draw money from our government is a good idea, what I'm saying is that we are letting it happen. If we actually wanted reform, such as AZ has then we would do more to get it, but we don't. So we whine instead.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
What was this guy doing in a remote area, by himself. I this common practice?

Hate to see anybody get shot, but I gotta question a man being out there at night, by himself, having to call in that he was shot.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
We have a single sheriff battling the drug gangs, drug gangs who also carry automatic weapons.

This is another reason as to why I don't believe this story we are told about the so called "War on Terror".

These are obvious terrorists and we don't even lift a finger to mention bringing in the military, as for which they are constitutionally defined, which is to defend the republic against enemies foreign and domestic.

What about the Patriot Act - what good is it if it isn't applied to these terrorist criminals ?

Additionally, at government facilities such as Area51 the signs proclaim " Use of Deadly Force Authorized" , why don't we have these signs all along the border of Mexico ?

And predator drones and or helicopters patrolling ?

Why don't we see any of this ?

Simple, because there is no money in it for corporations such as Exxon, KBR and Halliburton.

So we have avg working people armed with a 9mm pistol being shot by terrorists with automatic weapons right here in the USA ?

It really is demonstrative as to who REALLY runs things in this country, as well as what benefits them the most which are the OIL profits of IRAQ and Natural Gas of Afghanistan ....oh and not to forget the Opium.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

I like your attitude, let's start killing unarmed civilians like we do in the middle-east.

AMERICA! EFF YEAH!

/sarcasm

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
have u noticed
after a post like this
you don't see one single
poster on this thread
saying anything about
immigration reform is
illegal and unconstitutional?

My heart goes out to the officer.

And I guess we have us an Alien War
with or without federal approval.

The shot heard around the border !!!

Thats true. I hope people start to understand the problem.

I was born in other country, I legaly came to USA with my European passport and after few years I proudly became an American Citizen, following the laws of the country that is my loved home now.

I always feel unconfortable when I see ilegal inmigrants treated the same way than me and many times working for better income than me. For example, working in construction sites for cash money, without paying taxes and saving thousands of dollars a year to buy a ranch, a business and a home in their countries; not even reinvesting their money here.

I pay my taxes and my bad health insurance. I dont share a room in a basement with other 10 persons to share the cost of rent. I work hard trying to protect my credit score. I don't steal cable signal.

Don't tell me we need cheap manpower for our industries and that is why we keep the ilegals here. In Europe or Japan for example, the industry is all about "technocracy", robots and high tech replaced cheap workers with even better results, reducing cost of production and making products more affordable for the population.

Anyway, lots of factories moved already to Mexico and other countries in order to lower the cost of production, paying worker 1 or 2 dollars hour (or a day), instead of paying 12 to 18 dollars hour for an american worker.

Finally, I apologize for any spelling or grammar mistake, I'm also trying to improve my english knowledge because I believe we all should speak english in The United States of America.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by 911stinks
What was this guy doing in a remote area, by himself. I this common practice?

Hate to see anybody get shot, but I gotta question a man being out there at night, by himself, having to call in that he was shot.

This is from KTAR radio:
He was out on his routine daily patrol in the area when he encountered a load of marijuana out in the desert. He obviously confronted the individuals and took fire," Villar told The Associated Press. "I was speaking with him just a bit ago, and he's doing fantastic." The deputy was alone about five miles from a rest stop along Interstate 8, about halfway between Phoenix and Tucson. The area is a well-known smuggling corridor for drugs and illegal immigrants headed from Mexico to Phoenix and the U.S. interior.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join