It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rape of woman in skinny jeans 'not possible'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

This verdict disturbs me.

It appears to part of the increasing habit (agenda?) of blaming the victim.

I agree whole heartedly but...

Females really need to watch what they ware or not ware.

NO

I do not condone the actions of a pervert,

Let's be real woman THEY are out there.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm

I WILL NEVER submit to a hospital examination if I was ever raped.

I cannot stress to you enough the importance of going directly to a hospital and having a rape kit preformed if you are ever unfortunate enough to suffer a rape. If rape ever befalls you, the worst thing you can do is go home and take a shower - you should immediately call the police go directly to a hospital, and inform them that you have been raped.

The evidence collected during a rape exam is invaluable to connecting the rape to the rapist. Hair, semen, everything can be used to secure conviction if the person is caught, but it must be collected. If you don't go through with this, then in court it is simply your word against theirs - which won't hold up.

Another important reason to go to the hospital is that they will preform a physical examination and administer anti-viral and anti-pregnancy drugs, both of which are desperately important.

So yes, though it is uncomfortable, you must grit your teeth and go through with it. 1 in 6 women will be sexually assaulted in their lifetimes, and so few report it effectively - please don't be one of them?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
i think it is logical to surmise that being with him after he had broken up with another girl, and going for drinks too, is her feeling sorry for him. i've seen girls have oral, and even full out sex with someone they feel sorry for.

that being said, claiming tight jeans as rape proof clothing is wrong.

maybe he raped her outright, maybe he was a bit more forceful than he should have been, maybe they were getting busy and she wanted to stop, but he kept going, maybe they had sex and she regretted it later so she called it rape.

it could be anything at this point, not enough information to come to a conclusion.

synopsis: jeans argument flawed, but that doesn't make him guilty. (remember it was the jury asking that question)

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I think all females should have some sort of personal defense device in which should someone tries to attack her, she should use it. Pepper spray comes to mind or a tazer....

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
This verdict disturbs me.
It appears to part of the increasing habit (agenda?) of blaming the victim.

I agree whole heartedly but...
Females really need to watch what they ware or not ware.
NO
I do not condone the actions of a pervert,
Let's be real woman THEY are out there.

SLAYER69.....

I agree.....

Women do need to be careful.....there are scumbags out there who mean women harm.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Bob Sholtz.....

i think it is logical to surmise that being with him after he had broken up with another girl, and going for drinks too, is her feeling sorry for him. i've seen girls have oral, and even full out sex with someone they feel sorry for.

I don't think your comment is helpful.

Sincerely
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 1-5-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by loner007
I think all females should have some sort of personal defense device in which should someone tries to attack her, she should use it. Pepper spray comes to mind or a tazer....

Loner007.....

I agree.....hence my earlier comment about wishing there was a real Beatrix Kiddo out there to sort out the low-lifes.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by soror

Sorer.....

I cannot stress to you enough the importance of going directly to a hospital and having a rape kit preformed if you are ever unfortunate enough to suffer a rape.

I agree.....

As unpleasant & invasive as it is, it is the best course of action.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Oh don't get me wrong....

females should be females and have a right to dress as they please! I enjoy them dressing as they please

But be advised there are some People who will take advantage. I'm all for females doing their thing. I like to watch

ALL joking aside Ladies BE CAREFUL

BTW my mom ex-Wife and daughter are female

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by chise61
That is the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard ! What are they gonna say next that a women wasn't raped because she provided easy access by wearing a dress .

Chise61.....

By extension of their twisted logic.....

.....that's exactly what they'll say.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
But, what if he really didn't do it and she was just lying?

Has that ever happened before? A woman falsely accusing a man of rape?

Maybe if women stopped the false accusations then juries would take them more seriously in cases like this where there is some doubt about the man's guilt.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by TheComte]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
even if thay needed a key to get them off a sicko would still be able to rape them like makeing them remove them there self by violance
threat of more pain after sever pain could make most people do anything

todays courts are madness

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

SLAYER69.....

I agree again.....females must "be careful"......it's an unfortunate fact of life.

I have very attractive & socially active wife & teenage daughters of my own.

As a family, we always discuss the fact that you have to "be careful".

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 1-5-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

It is funny how people like you always think about the victim and only THE VICTIM lol..

I made it capital and bold..

NOW BREAK IT DOWN.

Let's see if I can get to your head.

Can a victim actually be the predator?

If so how can you tell the difference?

Can I by any chance ask you to visit this link and read the detailed discussion me and another ATS member had in regards to this discussion?

I'll just post a snip of the debate:

The rape victims blaming themselves for the crime committed against them, that being said makes the solution even more complicated to the problem of rape. And a suck up society such as the Western one will have big issues due to its lack of morality.

This lack of morality will increase rape in numbers and the victims will continually blame themselves, hence they already are as the statistic mentions..

The Western society is in a position where it can't even separate a sexual intercourse and rape, hence drunk rape accusations..

The Western society has allowed itself to reach this situation, it is no one Else's fault, it is the lawmakers, and the experts who are suppose to help a country for the best, not for the worst.

False rape accusations are popping up everywhere. So what is a society, such as the current Western one do in regards? How can they tackle fake accusations? It is just not possible, so what is the solution for it?

After all this thread is about rape and rape victims, what is the point of discussing this issue if we are not discussing to gain something out of it.

Are we suppose to just come here and say, "Aye I agreeee", or "Nai I disagreeee" and then bye bye... Get real

Links to posts you should read:
reply to post by oozyism

reply to post by oozyism

reply to post by oozyism

reply to post by oozyism

reply to post by Dock9

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Oozyism.....

I am well aware of all aspects that you mention.

I have endeavoured to keep my comments reasonably specific.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Agreed

Although I'm finding myself torn..
Females should be aloud to express themselves. They do need to realize the potential for disaster.

Just a thought....

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Agreed

Although I'm finding myself torn..
Females should be aloud to express themselves. They do need to realize the potential for disaster.

Just a thought....

SLAYER69.....

It's interesting to hear my daughters discuss it with each other.....

They are very strong & forthright & they are brutal on each other, if one thinks the other is going to wear something or do something that is ill advised

Much of the time, I really don't have to say much at all.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Oozyism.....

May I ask you a question?

In your reply to me you wrote.....

".....people like you....."

.....meaning "people like me"

What do you mean by that?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

DUDE my daughters long time boy friend is a great guy. But if he so much as farts in the wrong direction towards her I'll hop a 6 hour flight and when I land I'll throttle the guy and leave just enough for her to Marry

By the way I wasn't joking

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
sigh - 3 pages of blatant speculation when we dont even know the basaic facts

but hey - this is ATS - facts are optional

lets answer the question shall we

is it possible to rape a woman in allegedly " skinny pants " ?

the answer is of course yes - of course it is

can you remove allegedly " skinny pants " from a woman who is activly resisting WITHOUT causing tell tale injuries to the woman or damage to the garment ?

IMHO - no , to remove them without injury or damage , requires IMHO incapacitation either by drugs alcholhol , ghb , rohypnol etc , violence [ punch her in the face or solar plexus and start to remove them - repeat every time she moves ] , threat ov violence , use of a weapon [ gun / knife ]

now as the jury sat and heard all evidience anbd all testimony - which we dont have access to

then SOMETHING must have raised thier suspicions - hence the question

but ATS knows better than the jury that was actually presented all the evidence

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join