It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rape of woman in skinny jeans 'not possible'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
The only way to test the hypothesis would be to get someone of equal size and the same type jeans to replicate how hard/easy it was to remove them.

I have had girlfriends ask for help to remove skinny jeans in the throws of passion. And it wasn't easy even with their help. If they had their legs even slightly bent, or legs apart, or their toes not pointed. It was impossible. If they were actually fighting me......
... who knows what it would take ?

A knife to the throat ? ( no physical threats were mentioned in the article )

So I understand the point being made.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Chicks fan !

They cut them off with special scissors. They never try to remove them normally.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadtruth

Thedeadtruth.....

I guess we're all terribly fortunate to receive the advice of a such a chick magnet stud monster.

Regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadtruth

People are assuming they were skin tight but she was 42 kilograms.. she would have to wear skinny jeans otherwise they would fall down. Sounds like he would have at least been twice her weight.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
That is so ridiculous it is sickning. Like a man couldn't rip them off of her give me a break.

Second line.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley
.. and since when is a jury allowed to submit arguments for the defence? How were they legally able to cross examine the victim? That really is disgusting.

In the early 90s, I served as a jury foreman (literally got the short straw) on a trial involving 3 people who held up 2 banks. We were allowed after the breaks to ask questions. I remember some jurors wanted to know when one of the defendants got a tattoo on his arm, so I had to ask the court.

The jeans defense is rubbish. A 42kg girl wouldn't stand a chance against any Navy cook.

But if you're going to go to a friend of you're ex's home to be comforted by them, it's probably best you avoid going to their bedroom. It just doesn't look good. Especially after a few drinks.

[edit on 30/4/10 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth
They cut them off with special scissors. They never try to remove them normally.

Is this the procedure in all cases, though ?
I say that because when I was in an accident and unconcious I needed an operation and my trousers weren't cut. It has to be said that I wasn't wearing tight jeans, though !

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
So how would the jury approach it if it were a pair of skinny jeans that were a size too big?

What an absurd thing.

How about the quality. A fifteen dollar pair of jeans could come of quite easily.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Chicks fan !

Is this the procedure in all cases, though ?

Not all.

In an emergency, they will do whatever is easier and quicker.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
A couple of points...

(a) I was not commenting on his guilt or the morals involved, just the practicalities of the situation.

(b) Cutting off your pants.... We were specifically discussing difficult pants to remove when the person is unable or unwilling to help.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
great now rapist will target woman with skinny jeans knowing they have a bullet proof defense. matter fact, this gonzolez guy may have read all about it before raping her.

moral of story: do not go in/stay in the same room with someone you don't plan on sleeping with.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by DOADOA]

[edit on 30-4-2010 by DOADOA]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

A couple of points...

(a) I was not commenting on his guilt or the morals involved, just the practicalities of the situation.

(b) Cutting off your pants.... We were specifically discussing difficult pants to remove when the person is unable or unwilling to help.

Thedeadtruth.....

Well exactly.

.....& that was my point.....

Based on the hundreds (if not thousands of times) you have been required to do this, your advice is invaluable.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Actually I did years of first response work, and have been working in the Mortuary business for over 30 years.

So yes thousands would be about right. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Difficult decision for the Jury. But IMO, there was consent and the jury is probably 99.9 % right. I do not condone rape of any kind.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Perhaps makers of skinny jeans should advertise their products as "rape prevention pants."

Then we will have lawyers equally zealous to prove skinny jeans CAN be removed forcibly in order that they may sue the manufacturers, and we can dispense with the ridiculous "tight jeans" rape defense.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Is no one seeing the upside of this story IF (I'll repeat IF IF IF) it is true???

Seems to me that women have a very good, and stylish, way to protect themselves from rape. Wear skinny jeans.

NOTE: Not commenting on the outcome or guilt of the man....we don't have any facts at all...so I'm staying out of it...last time I was in a rape thread...it turned into a very illogical accusation party.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
And all of this is EXACTLY why we have jury trials.
To try to cut through all the BS and try to establish the real truth of what actually happened.

Maybe she was actually brutally raped as she claims. If that were true there must be bruising and other physical evidence.

Maybe she is just neurotic and seeking some sort of personal vengeance against some guy by just claiming rape.

I don't know.

But these are very serious charges, and the guy could be locked up for a very long time.
So he should at least be able to present his version of the story to a jury.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Chicks fan !

Surely there must be documented cases of paramedics and surgeons removing these jeans to assess/operate on an accident victim without her ''collaboration''.

I agree with you, don't get me wrong... But, 'in the field' (as we ambulance people say = at the scene of an accident) - um, we use scissors.

(And we've gotten screamed at later by victims who say we 'ruined' their favorite jeans - while saving their life no less - go figure)...

peace

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
(And we've gotten screamed at later by victims who say we 'ruined' their favorite jeans - while saving their life no less - go figure)...

peace

Haha, used to work in a hospital myself.
Save someones life with some desperate intervention, and ruin a favourite piece of clothing and they go absolutely nuts afterwards.
Some people don't like being shaved before a surgical procedure either.

Ain't vanity a wonderful thing ?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
That is the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard ! What are they gonna say next that a women wasn't raped because she provided easy access by wearing a dress .

The woman weighed 92 lbs for cripes sake, being that small the guy could have probably easily slipped her out of a chastity belt. And weighing only 92 lbs I would think that a size 6 jeans would be too big on her, which would mean that they would be loose and not hard to remove.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join