It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rape of woman in skinny jeans 'not possible'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Rape of woman in skinny jeans 'not possible'

www.smh.com.au

CAN a woman wearing skinny jeans be raped? Or are they so tight they can be taken off only with her consent?

These are some of the questions a jury asked before acquitting a Sydney man of sexual assault.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Update post here.

[edit on 5/4/2010 by seagull]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
This verdict disturbs me.

It appears to part of the increasing habit (agenda?) of blaming the victim.

This in turn perpetuates this habit (agenda?) of blurring the difference betwen "right" & "wrong".

In the end, nobody will ever be responsible for anything.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

www.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums:

[edit on 5/1/2010 by semperfortis]

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1/5/2010 by Mirthful Me]

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
This verdict disturbs me.

The court loves to victimize the victim. In this case I'm surprised they didn't force her to relive the attack by having someone attempt to remove her jeans in front of the jury.

Sick.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I didn't know a story about rape could make me laugh, but that did it!

It's dumb all around... some chicks wear really, really tight jeans... which would make this story true...

And the lawyer who thought of this defence sure earned his money...

Now if there was no other evidence than the woman saying she was raped... if she didn't go to the hospital or cops right after, or something, then the accused might be innocent... otherwise the guy should be followed... if the guy is never accused of rape again, he's probably innocent...

It's still sick and I'm sure it's used as a defence by real rapists...

[edit on 30-4-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Ararisq.....

Some of these lawyers are appalling.

The court loves to victimize the victim. In this case I'm surprised they didn't force her to relive the attack by having someone attempt to remove her jeans in front of the jury.

Sick.

I agree.

It's sick.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 30-4-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
This is ridiculous.
If a woman can get her skinny jeans on and off, then I'm sure someone else could with force.
How about if a woman wearing these jeans is knocked unconscious in an RTA and injures her leg ? Surely there must be documented cases of paramedics and surgeons removing these jeans to assess/operate on an accident victim without her ''collaboration''.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by Conspiracy Chicks fan !]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Chicks fan !
This is ridiculous. If a woman can get her skinny jeans on and off, then I'm sure someone else could with force.

I guess we are expected to believe that the rapist will sit idly by until she agrees to take them off. I really don't know what else to expect from an insane world though. Logic is dead.

link   
Reasonable doubt is the foundation of any defence. The onus would be on the prosectution to demonstrate otherwise, no?

link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Chicks fan !
This is ridiculous.
If a woman can get her skinny jeans on and off, then I'm sure someone else could with force.
How about if a woman wearing these jeans is knocked unconscious in an RTA and injures her leg ? Surely there must be documented cases of paramedics and surgeons removing these jeans to assess/operate on an accident victim without her ''collaboration''.

Conspiracy Chicks fan !.....

You raise good points.

The "tight jeans" argument is a shocker.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 30-4-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

The people who decided this were quite mad!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

s&f

Thats worrying on two levels. She only weighs 42 kilos which means she's probably very petite.. how large was he? He works as a navy cook so would have to pass the physical and would probably be quite strong.

.. and since when is a jury allowed to submit arguments for the defence? How were they legally able to cross examine the victim? That really is disgusting.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by riley]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beatrix Kiddo Jr

The people who decided this were quite mad!

Beatrix Kiddo Jr.....

I wish there was a real Beatrix Kiddo out there who could sort out a few of these low lifes!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I think the real agenda is reporting the 1 in 1000 cases where the jury blames the victim, or the corporation gets it's pants sued off by the little guy, or when David slays Goliath..

Maybe the real agenda is to get us suckers to think that we need to make harsher laws for everybody so this never happens, and make suing big business harder, and make sure goliath has a chance next time he fights that mean old david who always seems to win in the papers....

It would be nice to have some real statistics on cases like these -- how often they happen, etc... I don't think it's a good idea to decide to change the whole legal system based on one case you hear in the papers.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley

s&f

Thats worrying on two levels. She only weighs 42 kilos which means she's probably very petite.. how large was he? He works as a navy cook so would have to pass the physical and would probably be quite strong.

.. and since when is a jury allowed to submit arguments for the defence? How were they legally able to cross examine the victim? That really is disgusting.

Riley.....

I agree.....like I said, the whole thing's a real worry.

It points society in a very negative direction.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
If I ever have to go to trial, I will request a jury of my peers.

I will ask for an IQ test to be given, anyone lower than 10 points from me will be challenged for reason during voire dire.

Sorry, I will never submit to a jury of morons or idiots.

Really, is this the ignorance in courtrooms these days?

But see em heres juj, im a no wut i am tawken bout, c she giv da man hep, c?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Endisnighe.....

Sorry, I will never submit to a jury of morons or idiots.

Well, that poor lady certainly did

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Here's an idea. Send the guy to prison wearing skinny jeans for a year. If he makes it out with his virginity intact, pay him $1 million and let him go.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
Here's an idea. Send the guy to prison wearing skinny jeans for a year. If he makes it out with his virginity intact, pay him $1 million and let him go.

VictorVonDoom.....

Yup.....great idea

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
I didn't know a story about rape could make me laugh, but that did it!

It's dumb all around... some chicks wear really, really tight jeans... which would make this story true...

Now if there was no other evidence than the woman saying she was raped... if she didn't go to the hospital or cops right after, or something, then the accused might be innocent... otherwise the guy should be followed... if the guy is never accused of rape again, he's probably innocent...

It's still sick and I'm sure it's used as a defence by real rapists...

[edit on 30-4-2010 by Vitchilo]

That's ridiculous. After being by my friends side after she was raped and going to the hospital with her, I WILL NEVER submit to a hospital examination if I was ever raped. The hospital examination was far more traumatic, humiliating and mentally damaging than the rape its mostly because she had just been raped, was made to relive the experience over and over while the hospital basically raped her all over again with the tests, cut off a sizable chunk of her hair, and since she a a pixie like cut left a very noticeable bald spot on her head that couldn't be covered. The examination was painful for her.No if the cops can't do what they need to do with out it then I would rather the guy walk free than go through all that.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Calstorm.....

Stories like that make me sick.

Your friend & others deserve so much better than that.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join