It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zecharia Sitchin - The Lost Book of Enki

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
For those who have net read this text, it is one fun read. Now what really perked me up was the description of the creation of the face on Mars. This ancient text describes the face thousands of years before we discover it with our Mars missions. Sure, some say it is not a face but I believe it is and that this text gives the reason for it. If you have not read the text, you should for it is quite interesting and entertaining.

Enjoy:

You can chose your medium.
PDF
www.scribd.com...
Youtube
www.onegoodkitty.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Stichin is great, i highly recommend watching some documentaries on him, read one of his books or listen to an audio book of his.

Who knows if any of it is true but it is fascinating nonetheless.

I can't believe someone spent all that time to make those youtube videos, that is quite an accomplishment.

I am not sure, are there any current people really researching the Sumerians? A lot of things that he brings up isn't really being discussed and i don't know why. The Sumerians hold many secrets and their king list is quite remarkable..

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

Agreed! There are quite a few people digging into this stuff, this link was interesting. This guy is all over the place.

sabbathrock.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pappie54
For those who have net read this text, it is one fun read. Now what really perked me up was the description of the creation of the face on Mars. This ancient text describes the face thousands of years before we discover it with our Mars missions. Sure, some say it is not a face but I believe it is and that this text gives the reason for it. If you have not read the text, you should for it is quite interesting and entertaining.

Enjoy:

You can chose your medium.
snip

Whenever possible you should educate yourself on opposite POVs as in this case:
www.sitchiniswrong.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Sitchin, um, "embelishes" his translations to match his stories.
Here is the actual, word for word, translation of the destruction of Ur-Namma:

1-7. …… entire land ……, …… struck, the palace was devastated. …… panic spread rapidly among the dwellings of the black-headed people. …… abandoned places …… in Sumer. …… the cities were destroyed in their entirety; the people were seized with panic. Evil came upon Urim and made the trustworthy shepherd pass away. It made Ur-Namma, the trustworthy shepherd, pass away; it made the trustworthy shepherd pass away.

8-14. Because An had altered his holy words completely, …… became empty, and because, deceitfully, Enlil had completely changed the fate he decreed, Ninmaḫ began a lament in her ……. Enki shut (?) the great door of Eridug. Nudimmud withdrew into his bedchamber and lay down fasting. At his zenith, Nanna frowned at the …… words of An. Utu did not come forth in the sky, and the day was full of sorrow.

etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk...#
You can read more but suffice it to say that Sitchin is a lousy translator and tends to go overboard when filling in the unreadable bits.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yup, he has an agenda and he twists and embellishes to support it.
The tablets are fascinating on their own, no need to buy into his interpretations.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
the $64K question :

what is the source text , primary sources for the alleged " lost book of enki "

answer that and you realise why its a chuffing joke

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Since the ancient astronaut supporters are so obsessed with the "truth" and mainstream hidding everything from them.
www.sumerian.org...
The sumerian lexicon now everyone is free to translate the words themselves and not have to rely on our buddy zach or the nasty "mainstream" translators.

www.blueharvest.net...
There is the script for starwars if you are into reading about spaceships.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
the $64K question :

what is the source text , primary sources for the alleged " lost book of enki "

answer that and you realise why its a chuffing joke

I thought this was just the one he made up himself and claimed that parts of it were from ancient texts (although nowhere in there does he say which parts are which). Oh yeah and this one is the one where he says niburu will return in 3440AD. But again it is impossible to tell what parts were "translated" and what parts he filled in. I think he just looks at the pics and makes things up honestly.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Pappie54

Thanks for the link
I'm gonna bookmark it and read it later..

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
He makes translations which suite the fictional story he is trying to tell. Therefore nothing he says is trustworthy and anyone can do simple research online to prove it to themselves. The 'face' on Mars is not a face, it was revealed via the MOC in 1998, just a mountain.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Everyone has an opinion. Some say the face on Mars is not a face but just an illusion. Well when you sculpt anything, light it in different ways and it will looks different. It creates the debate but I don't care what some say, it is a face! Now add to that the the text refers to a face being carved on Mars, and that we discovered it in our life times, that says a lot. Some can argue but that is the name of the game. Like so many things, you have to sense for yourself if there be truth in this material. I buy this theory for science has found clues that support it, clues from all religions lead to it, and it actually makes sense. That is my opinion and you all can have yours. I've been reading this stuff since Chariots of the Gods first came out and had come to the conclusions close to this long before this material hit the web. To all their own, these arguments against his interpretation are just that, arguments, not facts. One says a word means that and another says it means something else. Those are opinions and the facts are yet to be determined.

As for the face not being a face, if it was built close to 350,000 years ago, even the light atmosphere on Mars would wear it down to being just barely recognizable by now. We have recorded dust storms on mars. I have read only opinions as to it being a face or not, no one has proved it either way.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Pappie54]

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
This book describes exactly what is being happening today!! Even the rumble sounds, the sun strange behavior, the climate changes, tidal waves, earthquakes etc... I Recommend.

See the page 172:

"The morning's light to darkness changed, as though by death's shadow veiled.
Then the sound of a rolling thunder boomed, lightnings the skies lit up.
Depart! Depart! Utu to the Anunnaki gave the signal.
Crouched in the boats of heaven, the Anunnaki heavenward were lofted.
In Shurubak, eighteen leagues away, the bright eruptions by Ninagal were seen:
Button up! Button up the hatch! Ninagal to Ziusudra shouted.
Together the trapdoor that the hatch concealed they pulled down;
Watertight, enclosed completely, was the boat; inside riot a ray of light penetrated.
On that day, on that unforgettable day, the Deluge with a roar began;
In the Whiteland, at the Earth's bottom, the Earth's foundations were shaking;
Then with a roar to a thousand thunders equal, off its foundations the icesheet slipped,..."

Lost book of Enki

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Pappie54

thanks OP for the data 1 will take a read...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Can someone please point to the material used for this book? Is this the author speculating? I find no references to actual material. It's in the 'fiction' section of the libraries (or so I hear).

His other theories were backed up by references galore - this one seems to imply he's somehow channeling what isn't there. Sad...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
This guy and his book are things that hold back any real research into possible true E.T. documented ancient text.

Everything that this guy has written....is absolute made up B.S.

Not that I don't believe that Mars may have at one time been a good place for life to evolve.....it just didn't have enough time to evolve highly advanced.....Space faring Martian People.

There was not enough time as the time it took for Mars to first form as a Planet to the time we have a very good estimate when it's Liquid Metalic Molten Spinning core cooled tothe point that it stopped it's spin....thus without a planet having a spinning liquid metal core to create a PROTECTIVE MAGNETIC FIELD....EVERYTHING DIES!

Mars' oceans were turned from water into their base elements....thus liquid water turns into gases of Hydrogen and Oxygen by Radiation bombardment without a magnet field protecting it. The oceans were "Boiled" off into space....I used quotes because the act of BOILING WATER is not a chemical reaction...just a change of waters state from a liquid to a vapor. GASES and VAPORS are NOT THE SAME THING!

For anything alive on Mars...it would be like being placed in a Microwave or being bombarded by a PARTICLE BEAM. Thus the time it took for Mars to loose it's magnetic field....does not leave enough time for a intelligent species to evolve in the time frame. This does not mean that an Intelligent Alien Race.....did not at one time....colonize Mars....but they would know what their fate would be.....having the tech to use Gravitic Drives means finding out how long a Planet has before it becomes inhabbitable...would be a snap. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Yes, I find very little backing for what he says. I could be wrong (and if I am please correct me, but with data please). However it seems to me that while some ancient Sumer texts could be interpreted slightly as Sitchin has, most of the conclusions he reaches are unwarranted by the tablets themselves.

To use an analogy:

It's like your finding a shopping list on the ground that says "Milk"... and from that you conclude that the person that wrote it also loved Oreo cookies and cocoa." Maybe he did, or maybe he didn't... but it's a wide stretch to speculate

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by firefly9000

This book was intended as fiction. Sitchin took his theories and then wrote a book in the Sumerian style. It was meant to be an example of what a book written by Enki would actually be like. Of course his other books could be considered fiction as well. This one was just actually labeled as fiction by Sitchin.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Thanks Xcalibur254 - Any authors or theories that "hold water" in regards to Ancient Astronaut Theory? I guess what I'm asking is: Are there any researchers you came across that back up their theories with more credible (and independently corroborated) data? Just curious on your take...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by firefly9000
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Yes, I find very little backing for what he says. I could be wrong (and if I am please correct me, but with data please). However it seems to me that while some ancient Sumer texts could be interpreted slightly as Sitchin has, most of the conclusions he reaches are unwarranted by the tablets themselves.

To use an analogy:

It's like your finding a shopping list on the ground that says "Milk"... and from that you conclude that the person that wrote it also loved Oreo cookies and cocoa." Maybe he did, or maybe he didn't... but it's a wide stretch to speculate

Good analogy...but his theories and conclusions are not even based on a logical probability as high as the milk analogy. I get lambasted sometimes for calling out those who actually believe people and books like this one....and even though I know E.T. to be a reality....this guy does not....nor is he in it for anything other than money. Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join