It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You May Be Listed On Google...Check This Out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I just found out about this. I am sure that some of you may already know about it, however, I'm posting it for those who may not. I went to www.google.com, typed in my phone number, all 10 digits with dashes, and the results displayed my family's name, address and phone number. There is also a link to MapQuest.

If you want to see if you are in the database, type in all 10 digits of your phone number with the dashes. If you are in the database, it will be displayed on the next page. If you want to remove yourself from the database, click on the telephone icon to the left of your screen. You will then be presented with an online form to fill out requesting to be removed.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Nice 1 Diva, thanks!

[Edited on 6-3-2003 by deepwaters]

arc

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 12:40 PM
link   
didn't work with me - but my phone number has 11 numerals including the dialling code. Perhaps it only works in the US

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Didn't work for me and I live in the US. Is there a reason?

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 01:01 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Apparently, the best that I can tell, it will display numbers that are listed. The phone numbers that are unlisted do not give results.

I didn't think about the fact that it may not return results for phone numbers that have more than 10 digits.

I haven't tried it yet on other search engines. If I find out, I'll post it.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Thank you diva, I tried it and I was on there. I removed it, I dont like the idea of being listed on there. At least in a phone book you need a name first, but it's like a reverse cross reference.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I tried it and it would not work. Typed my area code and my phone number. No documents were found.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I wasn't listed either...But then again, we told the phone company to keep our phone number unlisted.

Then again, when I recently saw that we were paying over $30 per year to keep our number unlisted for the yearly printing of the phone book, we decided to remove that option from our phone bill...However, when Google finally links with our phone number, I'll have it removed.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 06:13 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I'm trying very hard not to panic.

My phone number is listed in some military analysis network document!

Go here: www.fas.org...
Click on 'Conventional Weapons' (listed on the right)
Click on 'DOD 101 - An Introduction to the Military'
Click on 'Marines'
Click on 'MEF PLANNER'S REFERENCE MANUAL'
Click on 'Part - 7 References'

My home phone number is one of those listed (yes, the entire 10-digit number!!).

What is this all about?? Any ideas??

[Edited on 2003-3-7 by Gerald Bostock]

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Gerald, were you ever in the Marines?

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 11:23 AM
link   
No, I've never served in any branch of the military. I work for a large insurance company, so I'm not even affiliated with a supplier or contractor. I've had this phone number about two years now, so it's possible, I suppose, that this document predates my acquisition of it (how do you figure out when a pdf document was published?). Still, the nearest military is a National Guard unit near the airport, and an Army base 75 miles north of here - no Marines in the area, and certainly none posted full-time in my neighborhood.

This is unsettling!

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Gerald, you're right, it is unsettling, especially since you were not in the Marines. Hmmm...now that has me concerned. I, too, cannot figure out why they would have your number listed on the pdf. I'm not sure how often these docs are updated either. I'll go & click on the link again & take another look.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I looked up my name on google and got this

CHICAGO (September 9, 2002) � Madison Information Technologies, Inc. has taken another step along its planned growth path and today announced the appointment of William C****y as president and chief executive officer and a member of its Board of Directors. Ronald Galowich, founder of Madison will remain as chairman of the board.

Sorry I blanked out my last name, but we're all a little paranoid aren't we?

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I'm not in there. No surprise though....... My zip-code is also NOT in their files.

Al

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 10:10 PM
link   
mine aint there 323-22*-**2*
I thought it would though.... oh well I have my number listed but it doesnt come up...

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I didn't find any data about me. But when I typed my names and fist names, WOOOOOAAAW !
.....I just found a guy who have the same names and first names than myself.
The same area, the same names, the same town, the same country.

top topics

join