It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

250 New White Ford Vans Parked in the Middle of Nowhere (Photos) [ANSWERED]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
A reader of Steve Quayle sent him a story on running across 250 white vans parked in what used to be a Christmas Tree parking lot with a couple of photos. The original mail to Steve Quayle can be found here :

Original Source.

I did not think much of it but like the original observer -- after thinking about it I just could not get pass the first photo of the vans lined up.

It would not be at all unusual at all to see this on a dealer lot, but I really would like to know why they would be out in a field. 250 identical vans would be a considerable amount of equity to have parked out in a field.

Has anyone else ever seen anything like this? It would be interesting to know what it is for.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by ararisq]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

very odd indeed, does that county need a dish network upgrade

or possibly the jobs that the government promised are finally going to come about?
not sure, something is fishy in china town per say!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

I'm certainly not saying this IS what is going on, but it is not that uncommon for dealerships to rent fields or parking lots when they purchase fleets. Where i live, there are two such areas that basically just act as temporary parking lots for dealerships, then sit empty for months and months until they need them again.

The fact that they are these type of vans(Ford E series, the most common government vehicle), though, does give me pause....

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Such drama.
I live in LA, there are MANY such lots for dealers all over the place.
Looks like possibly a fleet order.
This is nothing.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
www.dailynews.com...

"Inventory is up and sales are down." fta.

Not saying that is what the OP found.

I am sure it is the death squad vans awaiting deployment...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
AEV - American Emergency Vehicles
165 American Way,
Jefferson, NC 28640
800-374-9749

They are there in storage so AEV can make
Ambulances out of them.

www.gowilkes.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Golly, you are condescending. Where is the drama? The OP is simply asking what the vans might be doing there.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
AEV - American Emergency Vehicles
165 American Way,
Jefferson, NC 28640
800-374-9749

They are there in storage so AEV can make
Ambulances out of them.

www.gowilkes.com...

An actual answer to an actual question. That was definitely not expected. Good find BDS.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I live within 45 minutes of this area and frequent that highway daily. Have to talk around to some friends in the country (backwoods) to see if they have seen anything else like this cropping around.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by mjs022]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
An actual answer to an actual question. That was definitely
not expected. Good find BDS.

your welcome

not everything is a conspiracy
lol

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
not everything is a conspiracy

A 'disinformation agent' would certainly agree.
Now I will have to dig deeper and see what the 'real' meaning is.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

I want to know why if they are ambulances why dont they have full floating rear axles ? semi floaters in 3/4 tons suck .

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by hiluxxulih
reply to post by ararisq

I want to know why if they are ambulances why dont they have full floating rear axles ? semi floaters in 3/4 tons suck .

I have no idea what that means, but you can probably ask the guys that do.
www.aev.com...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
For 2010 the Fed Gubmint is making all commercial diesel chassis vans carry a tank of Urea for emissions control. Basically it's an incredible pain in the ass.

98% of the current ambulance fleet in the US is Ford Diesel chassis, but for 2010 and beyond Ford is no longer making a diesel engine an option for ambulance chassis.

The 2010 Ford is a V-10 gasoline chassis which no ambulance companies want.

Dodge seized the opportunity and Dodge Sprinter commercial chassis have all but sold out.

AEV was smart and bought out the last of the 2009 E-series and will be pretty much the last place you can get an E-series diesel new ambulance.

(trivia, I know.. but as a paramedic for 18 years I had to throw something into the mix.)

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I ran across an article last year or when the economy started to tank about how all the ships where at port loaded with new cars, that basicallly had nowhere to go...lending had stopped for awhile, which meant people weren't buying, which meant inventory was already too high on the lots. they ended up searching around for space to rent just to get the ships unloaded....

maybe they forgot they had stashed these cars here?
or maybe inventory levels are still way too high??

new topics

top topics

join