It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famous local ghost (with video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
www.hauntedhouses.com...

About half way up the 18 mile long Old Mission Peninsula which divides Grand Traverse Bay, The Bowers Harbor Inn can be found in a very beautiful, non-commercial spot, with a terrific view of the west side of Grand Traverse Bay, near an inlet with a nice beach and boat area. On our 2007 road trip, Tom and I traveled south on HWY 31 from the upper Michigan Peninsula area, along northeastern Michigan. Hwy 72 merges into 31, and this road takes the traveler into the charming beach / vacation community of Traverse City.

MANIFESTATIONS: Though they didn't pay much attention then, Toni Scharling, and Sally & Bruce Towner soon found out. The entity of Genevive gets her chuckles by scaring the living, since 1964. Her mirror is a favorite way. In 1964, A patron of the restaurant was admiring her slimmed down figure in Genevive's special gilded mirror, hanging in the small powder room, found just outside of the 2nd floor bathroom, which was used by restaurant patrons. Suddenly, she saw a real looking woman in the reflection of the mirror, standing right behind her, who was dressed in a formal evening gown, with her hair up in an old fashioned bun. She turned around and the lady was gone, which scared the woman, causing her to fly down the stairs, straight to Toni! Toni Scharling, and Sally & Bruce Towner and their families lived on the second floor. Uh oh!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/689612840c45.jpg[/atsimg]
For many years this building has been known to be haunted. It was built by Chicago Millionaire lumber and steel baron, J.W. Stickney and his wife, Genevive and has changed hands many times since then. It is now the Bowers Harbor Inn. The ghost, however remains.
www.strimoo.com...

Description : This video of an unknown flying object was captured by the West Michigan Ghost Hunters Society during an investigation of the Bowers Harbor Inn in Traverse City Michigan

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Awesome story! Haunted places exist and this is proof of one of them...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
This is pretty cool story. I enjoy reading about ghost and why haunted houses are haunted. But this video doesn't prove to me that home is haunted.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I like the history of the place. I even tend to believe the eyewitness accounts.

But the video you posted. It does not show a ghost.

More like a moth or some other bug flying around.

Ghosts do not look like bugs.

The ghost I encountered was human form. (In my personal experience).

So are the stories of patrons of the haunted restaurant. Their reports are of human figured ghosts.

The video does not show a human figured ghost. So I would have to toss that video for now.

That's why I am going with moth or something, seems pretty likely. I had a moth flying around in my room last night. I killed it though

[edit on 30-4-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I dont think its a bug tho , if you download and watch full screen you can see it does not flap like a bat or flutter. There have been videos taken of the ghost here but they seem to have dissapered . I am searching for them now.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by bluemooone2]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Here is the best capture that i can get. Not a bug , cant be a bat because it does not flap. That said , I have no idea what it could be.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/059a4658d951.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
When it's so orb shaped, I'm usually inclined to go with dust. I see dust come up from the bottom right of the image at the last second closer to the lens.

It sounds like a cool place though.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by invetro

It does not really look like an orb tho , and it moves so fast...........
here is a link to the group that investigated the place . They have done many site investigations and have only two videos posted so I don't believe it was hoaxed.www.wmghs.com...://www.wmghs.com/video/

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Going by the general idea that orbs are dust, they can move as fast as the air current they're on allows them to. We'll just have to disagree whether or not it looks like an orb, because there's nothing else in that video to say otherwise.

top topics

join