It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

unexpected photo

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
Well Hmph.

I will say the garment on the arm of the picture with the child is quite outdated. It simply does not look like something people wear now. Also the skin color is so.....eerie. It's almost a brownish-green.

Does this child talk? I assume she does, she looks old enough. Have you shown her the picture? I'm not suggesting you do, just wondering if you have.

Don't want to scare her half to death, but has she said anything that might indicate anything unusual?

No i have not shown her the pictures. Both kids claim at around the age of 2 they could see a lady in the house and this lasted for a short period before stopping. We never talk about it and so my daughter never heard a conversation about something that happened 4yrs before it happened to her. SHe was 2 in the pic she is now nearly 6.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
there is a logical explanation..

what looks to be a sleeve, appears to be a blanket draped over the back of the seat, Im guessing thats a seat back there..

Wow, with that blown up image I can see your point.
Looks like a lot of "artifacts" too from the low rez that help confuse the image and blend some of the background a bit.

Nice work.

- Lee

I'm impressed that you have gone to so much effort to study this. It's just what I wanted but we're no closer to an answer to how they happened just well thought out opinions. Thanks for the effort though.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Ajax

Interesting and I would have found that a bit creepier if I had posted the pic just after it happened but it's nearly 4 yrs later and thankfully nothing much else strange happened really, well not as strange as the pics.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Now if you are 100% certain nobody was there, which I'm not sure how you can be if you weren't home, no offense... THen I would attribute it to matrixing. There is a blurry photo and its a natural process for your brain to try and find familliar shapes.

As far as your avatar I'm not going to comment on it any further because I have no doubts about that pic after a bit more research.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
And the arm does appear to be something rolled up on the couch, a blanket or something. The darkness between the fingers could actually be the couch itself since the cam was in motion, giving the illusion of fingers. Yeah, its a blanket. Apologies for thinking someone else could have been there, the arm is pretty clearly a blanket or towel rolled up on the couch. THe hand is an optical effect.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Anything can be manipulated by photoshop - this is true!

Having experienced paranormal events, I so wish I had the equipment and foresight to capture them!

But every picture thread on this forum is ripped to shreds by those who are determined to see photoshop frauds - I'm sorry but I don't see rolled up blankets, and moving, real people, touching the baby's head, who just happen to have moved out of the way as the pic was taken (leaving their disembodied arm behind) I do see that sleeve and hand.

I cannot make out anything in the OP's avatar - I just see a white mist - not an arm, not photoshopped - just a white mist!

But I very clearly see a disembodied arm with it's hand on the baby's head (with none of the normal photoshop enhancements)

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I don't see a rolled up blanket either. The "arm" has definite opaque qualities to it, not consistent with a rolled up blanket sitting rigidly on the chair. Even with the movement in the picture, the blanket theory doesn't hold up for me.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by destination now
Anything can be manipulated by photoshop - this is true!

Having experienced paranormal events, I so wish I had the equipment and foresight to capture them!

But every picture thread on this forum is ripped to shreds by those who are determined to see photoshop frauds - I'm sorry but I don't see rolled up blankets, and moving, real people, touching the baby's head, who just happen to have moved out of the way as the pic was taken (leaving their disembodied arm behind) I do see that sleeve and hand.

I cannot make out anything in the OP's avatar - I just see a white mist - not an arm, not photoshopped - just a white mist!

But I very clearly see a disembodied arm with it's hand on the baby's head (with none of the normal photoshop enhancements)

It's hard to chastize people for doing the exact same thing you are doing. Seeing what they want to see. After 100s of paranormal investigations a competent investigator attempts to debunk 1st. Examine the logical explanations. If thise don't make sens eyou move to the less probable. And this simply has too many conventional explanations to attribute the photo to the paranormal.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

It's hard to chastize people for doing the exact same thing you are doing. Seeing what they want to see. After 100s of paranormal investigations a competent investigator attempts to debunk 1st. Examine the logical explanations. If thise don't make sens eyou move to the less probable. And this simply has too many conventional explanations to attribute the photo to the paranormal.

I could say the same about you! Seeing what you want to see! I personally have a heavy dose of skepticism with all paranormal material, but there are times when there just no reasonable and rational explanations. This is what I was trying to say in my previous post, that sometimes, those doing the debunking come up with far stranger theories about the anomaly than the paranormal explanation.

And with this picture, whilst I'm not saying the hand is paranormal, I'm sorry, but I just don't see it as a blanket in the background - it looks nothing like a rolled up blanket, and I don't really see it as a sudden movement of another person, as it would be unlikely that only their disembodied arm would remain, though I would agree with the movement theory if there was a complete, albeit blurred person in the pic

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by destination now
reply to post by DrJay1975

I could say the same about you! Seeing what you want to see! I personally have a heavy dose of skepticism with all paranormal material, but there are times when there just no reasonable and rational explanations. This is what I was trying to say in my previous post, that sometimes, those doing the debunking come up with far stranger theories about the anomaly than the paranormal explanation.

And with this picture, whilst I'm not saying the hand is paranormal, I'm sorry, but I just don't see it as a blanket in the background - it looks nothing like a rolled up blanket, and I don't really see it as a sudden movement of another person, as it would be unlikely that only their disembodied arm would remain, though I would agree with the movement theory if there was a complete, albeit blurred person in the pic

I came home from work and my wife says " what do you see in this pic?"
I'm not looking for anything but you can obviously see an arm on it's own, all I want to know is whose it it's and how did it get there? I'm desperately trying to get my pc working with the original pics on as they are slightly better than these then you will be able to see the fingers more clearly.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by markygee

I see it, Its crazy if its real. Nothing against you. You just never know who is being honest and who is not. I have a picture I want to show people on here. I just have to make enough posts first.

Again if its real its crazy if its not its not. Its a your word vs the skeptics. If your sure its real I would be concerned for your daughter there seems to be an attachment to her.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3773MC

I see it, Its crazy if its real. Nothing against you. You just never know who is being honest and who is not. I have a picture I want to show people on here. I just have to make enough posts first.

Again if its real its crazy if its not its not. Its a your word vs the skeptics. If your sure its real I would be concerned for your daughter there seems to be an attachment to her.

I would be interested to see the pic.
I was concerned for a while there's more to it than just these pics but everything seems to be fine now.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I too am concerned for your daughter. If what we see in these photos are real and not photo artifacts, we cannot rule out a non-human entity.

Personally, I would consult with a paranormal pro and have them investigate. Mainly I would do this to get some assurance there is no threat. But you need to ensure the pro is not a charlatan.

I too will be posting photos once my post count is up. At the time, I was very concerned about employee safety (given what I saw in the photos) and took steps to make sure the work environment was OK.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by Jrags]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I for sure see a faint body, more clearer is the arm leading down to the head!!!
Cool photo

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Markygee, wonderful pictures. Very interesting. You should take alot more pictures around your house and see if you catch anything. I know it has been a while since you captured these pics. I totally understand if you don't want to stir anything up though. The fact that your son and daughter both commented on a "lady" and then these photos were caught makes the pics sooo much more interesting. Thank you for sharing.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by sniknej
Markygee, wonderful pictures. Very interesting. You should take alot more pictures around your house and see if you catch anything. I know it has been a while since you captured these pics. I totally understand if you don't want to stir anything up though. The fact that your son and daughter both commented on a "lady" and then these photos were caught makes the pics sooo much more interesting. Thank you for sharing.

I wanted to get people talking about them other than my close family friends. Unfortunately or fortunately from my point of view thats the only physical "evidence" I have. Everything else is just anecdotal and I would feel like I was telling ghost stories around the camp fire if I said anything else.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join