It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

unexpected photo

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by invetro

thanks was struggling a little myself.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by invetro
Hi, I had a go at enlarging it myself, but due to the small picture size there is obviously going to be a lot of pixelation. Hope this helps a little.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/42756ac78d59.jpg[/atsimg]

Thanks, it does help.

I know this is a pretty healthy pink baby girl, but the difference between her lovely color, and the "hand's" color is just eerie. The hand looks very old, and very, er, dead. Yikes!

I'm thinking my eyes aren't the greatest, but above the hand, and it looks like almost on top of the child's head, there is something odd. It seems separate from the hand and the child.

Does anybody see what I'm talking about?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I think I can see what you're talking about, but it's so hard to tell where the childs hair/head ends and the arm/hand begins.

Also, at the very bottom center of the picture, there seems to be a white anomaly, as if something is in front of the child.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by invetro

Yes, I noticed that too. Not sure what's going on there.

Are there areas in the arm (not hand) that are semi-transparent?
The sleeve appears to be a type of white garment, but as you look further up the arm, I'm thinking there is an area of transparency?

Also, doesn't the garment appear to be something a female would wear?

(I'm wondering about the child's grandmothers. Are they still alive?)

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
With regards to the transparancy, the arm seems to me to be dense enough that whatever is behind it is blurred to the point of looking like a thick soup.

I'd be taking more shots of that particular area, but that's just me.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Tripod, long exposure? Would be hard for the little girl to sit still and not mess up the shot though. Unless it's a doll...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
Tripod, long exposure? Would be hard for the little girl to sit still and not mess up the shot though. Unless it's a doll...

no "it's" not a doll it's my daughter. Good photos aren't they I knew they'd stimulate everyone's interest. On the original photo which is on my other pc it's a transparent arm on it's own and you can see there's nothing else around it, just the disembodied arm. Like I said earlier in the post it rfreaked me out when I came home and saw the pic.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by invetro

Yes, I noticed that too. Not sure what's going on there.

Are there areas in the arm (not hand) that are semi-transparent?
The sleeve appears to be a type of white garment, but as you look further up the arm, I'm thinking there is an area of transparency?

Also, doesn't the garment appear to be something a female would wear?

(I'm wondering about the child's grandmothers. Are they still alive?)

Grandparents are all alive.
Odd though isn't it.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The picture with your baby girl is what I'll cover 1st. OK, cheapy samsung phone, my son has one. So I made an ettempt to duplicate the picture. And I managed some similar looking photos. The phone is moving. Which is why everything is blurry. Samsung phones apparently have to be held very steady for a clear pic. So my opinion is that someone else was there and put their hand on your baby girls head while she was eating. Cute moment right? Let me get the camera. Photo taken in a rush with new cameraphone and boom, wtf ghostly hand. It's a possiblity. And once she saw the picture your wife may have forgotten her friend/family member was in the picture.

The picture in your avatar appears to me to be a rather obvious photoshop job. Look at the negative image. I think the arm and blanket were added after the fact.

Now the photo with your daughter could be easily mistaken for paranormal. But the one on the stairs appears intentionally faked.

Keep in mind these are my opinions, but there is a rational explanation for both.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I know the grandmas are still alive but it does look grandma-ish. It's sweet that she's taking an interest but it's still creepy. Is it an old house? How many owners has it had?

The other pic looks like she's got a granny buggy as well. It look like there's shopping poking out the top. At first I thought it was a basket with bread/cereal but she seems to be resting her hand on the handle rather than carrying it. Maybe it's pension day.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by riley]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by markygee

Sorry if I offended you, but I'm going with DrJay1975 on this one. Parents of toddlers are under a lot of stress and can easily forget.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Well Hmph.

I will say the garment on the arm of the picture with the child is quite outdated. It simply does not look like something people wear now. Also the skin color is so.....eerie. It's almost a brownish-green.

Does this child talk? I assume she does, she looks old enough. Have you shown her the picture? I'm not suggesting you do, just wondering if you have.

Don't want to scare her half to death, but has she said anything that might indicate anything unusual?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
The arm, although transparent, doesn't look disembodied to me.

I see a striped sleeve there, that sort of blends in with the background a bit.

Anyone else see a sleeve?

- Lee

[edit on 3-5-2010 by lee anoma]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
there is a logical explanation..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b2f052e21977.jpg[/atsimg]

what looks to be a sleeve, appears to be a blanket draped over the back of the seat, Im guessing thats a seat back there..

what appears to be a hand is actually behind the pillow..maybe the "seat" material, or another blanket..

the hair is so blurry..you can find all kinds of shapes in it, the same with the child's hand

If you really wanted to continue seeing things that arent there..look to the child's left hand...even looks like a face, past the white thing by the child's left hand..anyway..the picture is so blurry, our eyes make out things that of course, arent really what we think they are

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

I don't know what to make of the photo, but I know the "draped blanked" you refer to is not. I've never seen a blanket stand rigid unless it had a few years of dirt caked on it. Soooo, not a blanket.

I do see the "sleeve", that was actually the first thing I noticed. It stood out to me more clearly than the rest of the "ghostly" figure.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bb2f05c6b667.jpg[/atsimg]

It looks like a ghostly arm is reaching down from above. Come to think of it that looks like a strange alien creature head, not a hand.

[edit on 5-2-2010 by groingrinder]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
there is a logical explanation..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b2f052e21977.jpg[/atsimg]

what looks to be a sleeve, appears to be a blanket draped over the back of the seat, Im guessing thats a seat back there..

Wow, with that blown up image I can see your point.
Looks like a lot of "artifacts" too from the low rez that help confuse the image and blend some of the background a bit.

Nice work.

- Lee

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Ok, I really hate to point this out, but what I observe appears to not be a friendly spirit.

The "object / anomaly" someone noticed on top of the ghostly hand on the child's head appears to be the back 2 or 3 fingers of the hand curled downwards. It would appear as if the hand is actually forcefully grasping her head and pushing it backwards - instead of just gently resting on her forehead. Her hair appears to be messed up a bit, which would be explainable by her struggling against an unseen force (could be seen as crying / tantruming to the mother). The look on her face actually shows that there is no interest at all in a mother trying to get the baby's attention, but rather on some kind of outside factor influencing her, ie: a hand pulling her head. Also notice the raised eyebrows - indicative of outside influencing or even brow being pulled back. This would also explain why she was crying beforehand. This would even further explain why the children don't enjoy these 'experiences' and are scared of the 'lady' as the OP referenced his 2-year old son saying.

It really looks like this female entity is forcing the baby's head back and she's struggling against it and pulling it back forward. Why would a hand gently rest on a forehead anyway - and not the top of the head? Just given the angle of it, you can clearly see the resistance exerted by the baby.

Also in the far top right of the image I see what appears to be a not-so friendly ghastly face in an orangish-skewed glow (although this appears to be more of a camera movement artifact).

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Ajax]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
reply to post by markygee

Sorry if I offended you, but I'm going with DrJay1975 on this one. Parents of toddlers are under a lot of stress and can easily forget.

No offense taken your entitled to your opinion. I know how I would be thinking if someone else had posted these pics.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975
The picture with your baby girl is what I'll cover 1st. OK, cheapy samsung phone, my son has one. So I made an ettempt to duplicate the picture. And I managed some similar looking photos. The phone is moving. Which is why everything is blurry. Samsung phones apparently have to be held very steady for a clear pic. So my opinion is that someone else was there and put their hand on your baby girls head while she was eating. Cute moment right? Let me get the camera. Photo taken in a rush with new cameraphone and boom, wtf ghostly hand. It's a possiblity. And once she saw the picture your wife may have forgotten her friend/family member was in the picture.

The picture in your avatar appears to me to be a rather obvious photoshop job. Look at the negative image. I think the arm and blanket were added after the fact.

Now the photo with your daughter could be easily mistaken for paranormal. But the one on the stairs appears intentionally faked.

Keep in mind these are my opinions, but there is a rational explanation for both.

I know you can only consider as "fact" what I tell you and then form an opinion from that so I can only say that there was no one else there, I honestly have not edited my avatar pic with photoshop it is how it came out but I agree the samsung phone could have affected the pic as it is a rubbish camera phone. I know you can only take my word on that.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join