It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

unexpected photo

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by markygee

Can you upload the original unaltered/edited photo directly from the phone?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

There's the avatar picture.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Hey there, I just copied the pic in the OP and your avatar to my computer and had a closer look at them ... there is definately disembodied arms in both.

The pic in the OP, as others have said already looks to have a hand on your childs forehead.

The pic in your avatar looks to be a childs arm holding either a blanket or bucket handle (?) you can even see that the child's arm in the second pic is wearing what looks like a knitted sleeve.

I know you said there was no-one else there and I have no reason to doubt your word ... the only logical explanation I can offer is that there were more than the 2 pics taken and with the phone being new your wife may have had the phone's camera on the wrong setting and somehow caused a double exposure (?)

It's all I can offer as I'm certainly no expert but as someone who carries-out paranormal investigations I always make it a rule to try and rule out all logical / natural explanations before considering a supernatural cause.

If this can be ruled out then the pictures are very interesting ... it would be great if you could upload a bigger image for everyone to get a closer look ... it's well worth the viewing.

Woody

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

My only response to what you said about the cell phone being on the wrong setting is that there really aren't any setting on a cell cam that I can think of that would allow such a thing. I could very well be wrong though.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
the pictures are straight from the phone I can't get them any bigger.

Your right there are no settings on the camera to mess with really.

I'm open to any explanation and if it's a double exposure or something then so be it. Still they're interesting photos.

I'm not entirely convinced we've captured something supernatural on a mobile phone but from my point of view I have my wife taking a photo of my kid in a chair and that arm appears on the photo. Prior to that being taken my wife took a rndom photo of the same area with nobody in it and the pic I use as my avatar was the result. It made the hairs on my neck stand on end.

ANother anacdotal story is that my son when he was 2 the same age as my daughter in this photo he used to be scared of a "lady" he could see in the living room but we ignored it and eventually it stopped and he forgot about it. WHen my daughter reached a similar age she began repeating the same things he did even though it was never discussed in front of her and like i said he had completely forgot about it and never spoke of it either. THen one day I come home from work to find what looks like a pic of disembodied femine arm (in my eyes) on my daughters head and she was crying before the pic was took. Spooks me out just thinking about it as I'm sat in the same place right now typing this.
Either way I thought now was a good time to share a story and see what others thought.

If i'd had a good camera never in a million years could you plan to take a photo like that.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

''If you zoom in it is very obviously disembodied. You can see the stairs behind it at the top, where the shoulder should be. Maybe your hand was in there and it had a slow picture take? (I don't remember the specific term for it)

S&F
''

Long Exposure?

[edit on 30-4-2010 by Wide-Eyes]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
It's a shame these pictures aren't bigger and in a better resolution. If they were the resulting disembodied arms would have been astounding. I definately see them. The one in your avatar is a lot clearer, while the one of your daughter is clearly an arm, but distorted somehow.

Just a guess here, but as both arms are clad in white, I'm thinking that this is a good spirit.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I can't remember how long ago you said this was but that is certainly a creepy story. Too bad that you didn't encourage them to talk about it more and describe what was going on. I believe all children see spirits but since adults don't pay any attention they soon forget how to use that part of their senses, such as the case with our boy not talking about it anymore. I assume your girl doesn't either?

My mom had a story about her then boyfriends son (who lived with them) he was always talking to himself playing. Of course, all kids do this, but in this case she was peering in on him and he was looking upward while sitting on the ground at a certain spot sort of between the ceiling and where he was. He was carrying on a dialogue, not a monologue. (he was about two by the way) My mom then interrupted and asked, "who are you talking to?" He replied, "Bob". Bob is my mom's step father who was the only one of her mom's many boyfriends/husbands she ever considered a father figure. Could be coincidence but very odd for a two year old to name an 'imaginary' figure they are speaking with.

Anyways, I just love stories like yours and mine. I just wish yours didn't have the negative effect on your kids.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Either you post the originals or >>>swosh>>>[HOAX]>>>clonk!!! FYI 'clonk' is the sound the lid on the hoax bin makes as it slamms shut.

Just kidding. Not. Please post the originals.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by cripmeister]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Your avatar is another ghost picture,I guess!!!Or is it just a practise shot???

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
For goodness sakes would it kill the OP to upload a LARGE picture so we can clearly see what all this is about?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I see an arm reaching over to her head and hand on her forhead, was this taken with a digital camera?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

''If you zoom in it is very obviously disembodied. You can see the stairs behind it at the top, where the shoulder should be. Maybe your hand was in there and it had a slow picture take? (I don't remember the specific term for it)

S&F
''

Long Exposure?

[edit on 30-4-2010 by Wide-Eyes]

Yes thank you. My brain went stupid for a moment.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This is one of the creepiest things I've seen lately, particularly the hand/arm touching the baby. I would like to see it enlarged also.

Is there anyone on the thread who can do it? I would offer, but I know in advance I can't do it.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
sorry guys the original photos are on another pc so may be a while before I can post larger pics. I'll try and post a larger one from photobucket I think I have one there if ATS will let it be posted.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

tried to clean em up and enlarge in adobe photoshop but can't seem to figure it out. Sorry best I can do for now.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
This is one of the creepiest things I've seen lately, particularly the hand/arm touching the baby. I would like to see it enlarged also.

Is there anyone on the thread who can do it? I would offer, but I know in advance I can't do it.

try enlarging the photo in adobe photo shop I think you can save the pics by right clicking on them in the post and opening em up adobe thats what I've just done myself.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Hi, I had a go at enlarging it myself, but due to the small picture size there is obviously going to be a lot of pixelation. Hope this helps a little.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join