It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Group ATS Meditation, May 7th

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Even as a skeptic, I have my own spiritual beliefs, and even if one eliminated every intangible or unprovable, ostensible benefit of meditation (yes, I know there are scientifically studied and validated benefits to meditation,) I see no harm and possibly some benefit in a group of people from all over the world collectively participating in a task together.

Frankly, I just like the idea of doing something like this lol. So count me in, too.

I'm in the Pacific Time Zone, California, so that's what, 2:30 PM on the 7th of May?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
According to the timezone map it is 45 minutes behind. So 2:45?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

So the day after tomorrow..... Cool idea, I´m in. What time would it be in Denmark???

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I will participate and lets see what happens, with concentrations from me being on the AIR OF EARTH--K--
I will start @ 12am tomorrow night,pa time for an hour or so to start my interaction in deep meditation.

[edit on 5/5/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
According to the timezone map it is 45 minutes behind. So 2:45?

Ah, I see. So 2:45 it is.
Thanks for the clarification. I'm lousy at math of even the most rudimentary sort lol. If nothing else, meditating will feel good.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

reply to post by Amandla

Were are going to just use open topic. The main focus more or less for me is us connecting on a large grid so to say. Combination of our positive vibs as we seek peace love and compassion for the world to enjoy.

Yes, that´s a good idea

But can someone please tell what time it´s according to GMT? I suck at math as well

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Amandla]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Amandla

Where are you located?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I´m in Estonia.

(it said i need to make longer post, but this time I really have no need to say much more
)

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Amandla

I believe it to be 12:45 am where you are. May be kind of late for you i dont know, but it may be easier then 3:30 am haha! I lucked out being in California.

This type of math makes my head explode. Why couldn't they work time out by the 100th's!

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Please count me in. If I am reading the timezone map correctly, The meditation time for me would be 3:00 because I am in Arizona and we do not change times with the rest of the country. We could possibly make a difference by this meditation. Maybe the world will be a little brighter.

Peace

saxony

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
There is something to consider when setting a date that hasn't been brought up. I would not set it at a specific time, that has to be tapped into at one moment. I would set it to be one hour that weekend, or in this case, perhaps a two day span for global timezones, and perhaps to have a little accountability, to have everyone post when they had done this, the time and what they focused on , and of course, some may have an interesting result too.

Because, time is illusion, we are truly in "no time"and the only clock that ticks is the one in our heads. Because of this, the session is more like a file in a computer, like wordpad, for example, and everyone contributing is like and addendum, adding paragraphs to the file, and pressing save. The document is not complete until everyones contributed. Of course someone may find this thread and contribute a week or so later and even then add it on, so the energy can only increase, not decrease over "time", or shared. The weekend would be the target date though, so the focus would be culmative in any case.

Just a thought.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Interesting point Unity_99. I had a similar thought, i thought that as long as we knew we were participating in our meditation it would count as part of the group. This may be something for everyone to consider, especially if you are in a bad timezone.

I greatly appreciate your input and hope for more.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Hi all

Great idea
Im in

SatNam

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

reply to post by Amandla

I believe it to be 12:45 am where you are. May be kind of late for you i dont know, but it may be easier then 3:30 am haha! I lucked out being in California.

This type of math makes my head explode. Why couldn't they work time out by the 100th's!

Thanks! 12.45 am is alright for me, I´m more of a night person and often meditate at night.

It´s probably different for everyone, but I personally prefer it if group meditations are done at the same time simultanously. Time might not exist (though I still can´t understand what this means), but at least it exists in our minds and I´ve experienced, that result is more powerful if people meditate at the same time.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Amandla]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Count me in too!
*marks calendar*

Will you just start a new thread around that time so we can all check in?
That way we could get a head count of all who participated and we would know week to week if this is growing.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Cherryontop

Good idea, this is our test run so we can all build ideas and compound them together. The next run up i am hoping a few of us can get together and compile a well thought out post for the next thread and meditation to have all questions cleared up and everything in order.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Wow, the group is getting pretty global. People from Denmark(24:00hrs, 3:30hrs behind IST), Estonia(01:00hrs, 2:30hrs behind IST), The US, who knows where else. It'll be like wrapping the globe in a net of positive energy. It maybe a bit of a hassle to do a meditation at an akward moment (due to the 3:30am IST time), some people maybe working or other wise indisposed. But I think that even, if you can't be meditating, if you just focus on being positive and being aware of the other people who are participating then it'll be enough.

Just a side note, 3:30-5:30AM is the best time to meditate no matter where you are. At this time most of the people are in the deepest state of sleep. In this state of deep sleep the human brain is emiting almost zero thought waves. Hence meditating at this time is very effective as your brain/mind is not being bombarded by thoughts/emotions/energies of other people around you. If you are serious about meditating/yoga, it is no problem for you to go to sleep 2 or 3 hours earlier than usual so that you can get up at 3:30AM to meditate for half an hour, or even just 15 minutes. Meditating at this time will definately help deepen your meditation.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Most Infamous

I have quite inverted rhythm, it tends to slip that way. I usually make music all night, every night, and when the sun starts to rise I usually start to feel tired. So no problem for me..

It doesn't really matter that much when you meditate, but I read somewhere that it's best being done before meals. Makes sense, because I understand how the meals could effect the process.

But totally, I'm in

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
So, just to clarify one last time (Sorry lol,) this is for someone in California, 2:45 PM on Friday correct? Or is it today (Thursday) because it's 3:30 AM India standard time?

Thanks again.

[edit on 5/6/2010 by AceWombat04]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

At the specified time, local time in Los Angeles is 12:30 hours behind New Delhi
Location Local time Time zone
New Delhi (India - Delhi) Friday, 7 May 2010, 03:30:00 UTC+5:30 hours
Los Angeles (U.S.A. - California) Thursday, 6 May 2010, 15:00:00 UTC-7 hours PDT
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Thursday, 6 May 2010, 22:00:00

Lifted straight off a site timeanddate.com.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join