It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Group ATS Meditation, May 7th

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Lets plan out and schedule a group meditation for all the ATS members here. I think it would be fun if we all simultaneously took part in a breath meditation, or metta meditation all along the same guidelines. Mybe it can be a way for all of us to connect and take a step towards evolution.

Time to be determined.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by onequestion]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

why don't you begin by explaining to us what you think breath meditation and meta meditation is.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

By breath meditation i mean focusing your attention on your breath, in and out. You would be feeling everything associated with that breath, every molecule of air.
Breath Meditation

Metta meditation, lovingkindness.
Metta, Lovingkindess.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Well that first link is quoted material from the New Kadampa Tradition, which is just a branch that has seperated it's self from the tibbetan buddhists.

The second link is from the yale school of medicine and is quoted texts from the Theravada school of metta meditation.

I don't see how either would have us take a step further in evolution.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I don't see how the source of the meditation makes a difference from the meditation. By projecting love, and collectively finding inner peace TOGETHER we perpetuate that thought within the "matrix" so to say. The ideas for the meditation are there. If you want to read about them from a different source, google is yours to take advantage of.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

i know about meditation i was just trying to see what you meant by meditation.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Ahhhh, ok. My focus is on clearing the mind and allowing for a flow of conscious through the physical body. I believe when people meditate together it carries with it equal "karmic value" so to speak. If we meditate together, we heal together, if we meditate together, we are peaceful together. Together being the operative word.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Yo yo, sorry your thread had to start out like that! Jeez zaiger, give the guy a break. He's trying to do something nice.

I totally wanna join in. Have a rough estimate on the time when you want to do this?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

I would like to get as many people involved as possible. I was thinking mybe a week out? Waiting to see what kind of response that is possible from the members here. I would like to pick a time that is good for all hemispheres. If picking a date is necessary lets say,

May 7th, and i will look at times.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
[snip] bi-neural beats in my meditations bit of a short-cut to get to the desired state. i think this is a great idea, i would like to be apart of this. but why not focus on a common goal through this group mind perhaps et disclosure then see what happens after that.

comment regarding personal use of illicit substances removed

[edit on 30/4/10 by masqua]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

Ok sounds great. I am open to any idea focusing we would like to choose collectively. Et disclosure is great.

What i am thinking is we can make this a monthly event. I enjoy taking a more proactive approach, as much as i enjoy discussion, i also enjoy peaceful protest. This would be my war so to say. The battle of the meditators! Mybe we can list a range of topics that people would like to cover through group meditation and we could schedule different meditations out through the weeks/months. People can develop their ideas for the meditations and or the visual guide for the meditation. This will also give people the ability to become proactive in their battles so to say peacefully and without having to pick guns up and go to war! I believe only through peace will we be able to accomplish anything.

You have an urgent U2U

[edit on 30/4/10 by masqua]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Ahem...

2e.i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances: Due to abuse of the subject matter by some (promoting various aspects of personal use, and discussing actual personal use), no new topics on this subject are allowed in any form.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I don't get it who was talking about mind altering substances? Are we not allowed to talk about meditation or is it the bi-neural beats that was the offending party? Please do explain....

edit for spelling..

[edit on 30/4/2010 by IAmD1]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by zaiger

Ahhhh, ok. My focus is on clearing the mind and allowing for a flow of conscious through the physical body. I believe when people meditate together it carries with it equal "karmic value" so to speak. If we meditate together, we heal together, if we meditate together, we are peaceful together. Together being the operative word.

Meditation falls under the Cosmic Law of Squares. That is, the more energies that are combined, the more exponential the energy. So each energy involved is squaring the prior energy (as opposed to multiplying it together). The type of meditation involved is irrelevant to the presence of a unified exponential energy.

I'm in.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Universal Light

Cool, if we only have a few people the first time that is fine with me. I agree with you 100% about the idea less the meaning as the unity. This is how to fight back imo.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I'm totally in! Great idea!

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

OK, against my better judgement I'll join you.
I hesitated for a second because a "group" of "people" from ATS is going to be diverse and potentially, quite large. I agree with you that meditating with a group of like minded people is beneficial. I'm not so sure that a group of ATSers are going to be very 'like minded'. If and when we meditate together, we will in some small way(or maybe in a big way) affect each other. If the people involved are all being positive and what not, then no problem. If however there are some people who are not, (for whatever reason, even the best of us have off days where we are not thinking 100percent straight.), they could ruin it for everyone. However, I think I'll have to risk it, the potentiality of a project such as this is too tempting.

Maybe I'm being too paranoid? Is it just me who thinks like this? I could also make some suggestions as to what time, what form of meditation and so on. If you're interested, reply and then I can do another post.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Count me in, a good idea. You want us to just focus on our breath? Do we try to be aware of the fact it is a group meditation, or do we focus completely and solely on the breath?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Most Infamous

I understand you point of view, but lets not forget that negativity is subject to view. Just be positive and your positivity will cancel out any negative we have in the group.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join