It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another oil rig overturns in inland waters off the coast of morgan city, Lousiana

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Theyre starting to point fingersa already?
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by zeropistons

First, thanks for lending your expertise in this field to the topic. That is what I love about ATS, the diverse expertise in various backgrounds and the common search for truth. We are lucky to have you in our midst.

Second, I agree the Gulf has dead zones and is often used as a dumping ground. (I've fished/sailed through them) I live in Tampa (Fla West Coast) and there have been several occasions where they just dump crap into the Gulf. A few years back a big phosphate plant (Cargill I think) had a bid spill and they took the contaminated water into Gulf on a barge and just dumped it.

Related:

www.accessmylibrary.com...

www.uswaternews.com...

www.grist.org...

Regards.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
if something like this happened in another country america would be there cleaning it up and donating money. where's all the help for us?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I think something is going on, it seems to coincidental.

Not to mention obama's response it to send swat teams to the oil rigs.

If you know what a swat team does you would know the name alone should give warning,when they are deployed to a non violent area.

Special weapons attack teams.

How bout sending fbi investigators ? Usually you need to determine a threat before you send direct action teams into an environment.

What is the threat assessment and what enemy needs to be engaged.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TaxpayersUnleashed

Special weapons attack team? Sounds like you know a lot about those
folks. You might try Special weapons and tactics instead.

I also am amazed at the continuing flow of posters who are whining
about two disasters in the gulf when it has been proven with links
over and over and over that the second rig was simply being towed into
a narrow channel for probably salvage reasons. No bombs, no millions
of gallons of crude oil, no eco-terrorists, no Iranians, no submarines
attacking, not the start of the Tribulation, no SEAL Teams, and not a
total collapse of Lousiana's economy. Good grief !! This may be a
conspiracy site, but I wish someone would show just one ounce of
proog of any of this. Go have a cup of coffee and clear some heads.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Even if this was just an accident the first one is still spreading and getting worse. news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Hello; I have been away from the site for a long time( I was nearly another teen dead of a heart attack from excessive salt in processed foods : I have been taking it easy ).
but this event of the oil spill has got to me just now after reading a Yahoo article of how the Climate bill was in danger: We Know the Republican Elite hate anything to do with helping people, small business or the Planet but what struck me as Odd : I found a older article with a remark that likened the spill to Exxon's spill accident years ago :
Exxon's competitor is involved in this spill: the mention would have no gain to them : the names of the "missing" crew were not mentioned that i could find days since it happened : and it all starts to sound very curious :
missing time logs: calls made before actual damage is done : "missing crew" and business rivals are all in the same boat which leaves one Hostile Force to look at : Political motivated persons with an agenda .

the President is doing his best to clean up the republican mess : ok: so he can't be perfect : And there has been nothing short of political and racial bias since he took office with threats of violence and talk of treason to the united states on every tv and radio ::

I am thinking , and it brang me here today : that this oil rig did not go down by itself and was surprised to hear you found a second one : maybe im young, maybe i don't know Jack , tom or bob : but I think I know when somebody is trying to get a Tom,Dick and Harry under our nose.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Seems my dream warning to "The Powers That Be Your Next" has come to fruition.
This could also be ET saying use different options other than Oil after the release of the new Tesla Motors etc etc..
But this is definately untoward and beyond coincidence. Would it effect The Powers That Be?...

[edit on 1-5-2010 by DreamerOracle]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I can guarantee you that oil prices are going to jump. Everyone fill up now at that "cheap" $2.89 while you still can, limited time (and supply) only!

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I live on Anna Maria Island, and yup there are dead spots in the gulf already If this hits us due to the loop current, our economy here is gonna go belly up. Egmont Key already has problems with funding, and turtle season just started.......what's your thoughts on the possibility of it affecting us? Snook season is over due to the cold kill this winter, the manatees had a hard time and the scallops are just now reappearing in the bay.....couldn't happen at a worse time for the environment as well.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Stupid story to publish and try to make a big deal out of nothing.

This was a non-functional small temporary exploration-type floatable drilling rig being towed in a canal to a shore dock at a metal scrap company which was going to cut it up and dispose it.

There are 30,000 drilling rigs in the Gulf Cost and they are equipped with well pipe safety cutoff plugs that prevent sea bed leaks in case of accident. It didn't work on this rig so need to find out why and update others if required.

Across the entire USA in all inland and offshore navigable waters, an average of only 1.5 million gallons per year are released since 1990 per US
Coast Guard statistics.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Halliburton bought Boots & Coots, "a company that provides pressure control services for oil and gas wells", and are looking to "create a new product service line combining its existing coiled tubing and hydraulic workover operations with Boots & Coots' intervention services and its pressure control business."

www.reuters.com...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This is the seventh sign of the coming of 2012 according to native americans.

www.2012endofdays.org...

"This is the Seventh Sign: You will hear of the sea turning black, and many living things dying because of it."

Get ready guys....

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
OK I read a couple of responses to this thread...come on! Read the full story BEFORE you state Iran did it. Please? It makes you sound like grade A nut job and by association everyone else on this thread as well. So do us all a favor and read the article!

The first line of the article stats "Officials say an oil drilling rig on its way to a scrap yard has overturned in Louisiana." and further elaborates it was on a barge, this clearly indicates an actual accident and not an NWO plot to push the capitalist economic system over the edge or Iranian act of war or alien invasion.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

I like to sit on the sidelines and just read but when someone posts a one line snippet from an article to incite fear and paranoia when it is beyond clear this has nothing to anything, it really ticks me off.

But on a positive note the original poster sounds like he would fit in really well working with CNN, MSNBC or FOX where one liners promoting fear are GOLD!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Get your facts straight, people. It was an old rig being towed to a scrap yard. Yeesh...there's enough real stuff out there, stop wasting your time on this and do some research before you get your conspiracy panties in a bundle...

www.reuters.com...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
In Auckland I have noticed the price of petrol has steadily risen to around $1.80, which is starting to get too expensive for your average person now, especially with all the new tax gathering acts and statutes being passed. From a usual $1.60 a two months back here in New Zealand, the rise to $1.80 is rather peculiar. We we've had no reason to, supply has been fine, no issues that would cause the price to go up, until now this has happened.. As if it's been timed to coincide with the oil rig accidents..

OPEC?
Oil
Profiteering
Exemplary
Crooks

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Is it me or this looks more and morel like sabotage? This kind of things NEVER HAPPEN and now twice in a few days? Really?

Also could you imagine the disaster that it would be if a hurricane were to get all that oil and send it everywhere inland?

That would be a disaster of epic proportion...

Anyway this looks more and more like sabotage...

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

something is up and my gut feeling says Nibiru and they are destroying all oil wells.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram
reply to post by philosearcher

This strikes me as exceedingly unlikely. For one thing, if the stargate's in Yemen and these pirates are in the Gulf of Aden, and these two oil rigs were in the Gulf of Mexico, how did the two sets of events come to be related in your mind? Does the portal have some property of spatial distortion which pertains especially to Gulfs?

Did you hear about the Stargate on Fox News, or the Chinese news service that came pre-loaded on your bootleg iPhone, or what?

Yes, I know...I really should have looked more into the subject. But while the small bit of info I saw on this thread was fresh in my mind I decided to take a wild guess at something. I know, bad idea...However, if the stargate thing is real I actually recall reading something about one possibly opening by Florida somewhere. My apologies though for forgetting where I read that. It could have popped up in my subconscious mind and I didn't actually remember it until now. I mean, I already said that it was a stretch, so take it for what it was. The stargate information was a product of youtube, obviously not a great source of news either but still, it came to my mind. the thought just popped in there... similar to the stay puffed marshmallow man to rays head.

edit to fix quote

[edit on 5/3/2010 by philosearcher]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join