It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another oil rig overturns in inland waters off the coast of morgan city, Lousiana

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

As far as that ditz Palin, she came out and said that we should continue to drill

Palin on oil spill: We must continue to drill, baby, drill

hotair.com...

On the oil prices as a result of all of this, check out the headlines:

OIL FUTURES:Crude Rises On Improved Economic Outlook,Oil Spill

Wall Street Journal - Brian Baskin
Oil prices rose for a third session as the dollar continued to back off a one-year high against the euro hit Wednesday, reflecting growing confidence that ...

Kansas City Star

With oil booming again, Chevron profit up 148%

San Francisco Chronicle - David R. Baker
s first-quarter profits soared 148 percent to top $4.55 billion on the strength of surging oil prices and rising production, the San Ramon company reported ...

Also please take a look at this petition to prevent oil disasters in the future:

www.thepetitionsite.com...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
i've read this pretty decent theory of the north-koreans being responsible for the first oil rig accident... havent read all the posts here but looking at this second incident it kinda gives of the vibe of being intentional...

just wondering... how well are the articles made by sorcha faal being accepted around here?

[edit on 1-5-2010 by faceoff85]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Hi all, How's it going?

Honestly, I haven't looked much into the details of exactly what's going on. I can sort of speculate close to what has happened. I don't watch too much TV as of late...Anyways...Sounds like two oil rigs have collapsed (or similar devastation to create a spill). I heard of the oil spill and the state of emergency but otherwise not much, surprisingly. My two mobile news resources haven't covered much at least. Then again, one is a FOX news shortcut and some sort of Chinese news thing. Don't ask. Plus, with everything I mentioned I heard that Obama has sent SWAT to investigate or something. Finally, from everything I read off this site, I concur with the majority of you and say that it smells a bit fishy. Then again, as I said...I haven't really looked TOO awful deeply into this.

On that note, I will provide my two theories based on what I've read.

-1. Is it possible that there might have been an Earthquake (or some similar type of movement, possibly related to the tectonic plates) deep under the surface to cause these things to collapse?

and

-2. I apologize for really going out on a limb here...but what if this has something to do with the Yemen Stargate thing? I haven't heard anything about that in a while so I doubt it has anything that can back itself up in the first place. However, from what I heard there...you know, tons of countries sent warships to the gulf of Aden and are fighting off "pirates" but in reality it's actually some race of aliens pouring out of this recently opened stargate under water or something. The warships are supposedly "fighting" these aliens and something like the world powers are trying to suppress it. Yeah, I know...sounds crazy and probably is bogus but in a far stretch of the imagination, I suppose it could be linked. Which stems a tiny other theory...
---2. a. What if the Somali pirates are the reason for all the warships out in Yemen and somehow Somalia got some of their pirates or even some allied forces of theirs to come and sabotage our rigs? Eh, just a thought.

But aliens? Pirates? Earthquakes? It all sounds doubtful, but maybe a little plausible at least with small (or big) a stretch. Either way, it sounds like something maybe attacked those locations. Ultimately, as many other people on the topic said someone will probably get blamed and will bring on something a little more unwanted. Maybe it was illegal immigrants-to-be? Again, highly doubtful.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by philosearcher

You should look into the details.
Really.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Watch... they're gonna find a passport of a Iranian Seal Team guy floating in the oil

Edited to add:
alright... I read everything and it doesn't seem to be the false flag thing, but I still like the Iranian passport line so I'm leavin' it

[edit on 1-5-2010 by Thermo Klein]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Okay.
I didn't read all pages (cardinal error, I know), but one of the earlier links had this information:

"This is not a major waterway," he said. "Nobody was on board. It was being towed."

Source

So, at least it isn't as bad as the previous one...luckily enough.

That's probably why it doesn't reach MSN. Nobody injured

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
honey grab the kids we're goin swimmin down at lake palin

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by faceoff85
just wondering... how well are the articles made by sorcha faal being accepted around here?
[edit on 1-5-2010 by faceoff85]

the huge lack of evidence of ANYTHING happening described in their articles kind of prevents anyone from posting it as a source. sorcha faal=sucha fake

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Hot of the press from the homeland secuirity site , all law enforcement be on the look out for Somali pirates , dressed in Iranian Guard uniforms , speaking Pakistani in a North Korean mini sub . Last seen in a strip club waving the Koran !Osama tapes just in . Does seem odd , no such thing accidents . New powers for the E.P.A ? Listen brothers and sisters stop hang crap on each other .This is a conspiracy site after all , If you calling your own kind conspiracy nutcases all is lost . You all need each other . If these on here are not your kind you don't belong here .You may have come on different boats to get where you are but you're all in the in the same boat now !

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by philosearcher

This strikes me as exceedingly unlikely. For one thing, if the stargate's in Yemen and these pirates are in the Gulf of Aden, and these two oil rigs were in the Gulf of Mexico, how did the two sets of events come to be related in your mind? Does the portal have some property of spatial distortion which pertains especially to Gulfs?

Did you hear about the Stargate on Fox News, or the Chinese news service that came pre-loaded on your bootleg iPhone, or what?

[edit on 1-5-2010 by The Parallelogram]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
it can't be fishy, fish die in oil.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Some more news:

The BP rig went under water while being transported to a scrap warehouse nearby Morgan City in the US state of Louisiana.

There are no casualties in Saturday's rig incident and shipping has not been hampered in the Louisiana navigation channel. US authorities have explained that about 200 gallons of oil have spilled in the incident. A foaling barrage has already been installed to contain the slick.

so there was some oil spilt 200 gallons.

Source: www.novinite.com...

Smigs

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013
reply to post by Vitchilo

Kind of reminds me when I turned on my tv on 9/11/2001 and saw that an airplane had hit the WTC, then another one hit. Something stunk, and it wasnt because I had a Bean Burrito the night before.

This to me seems like a deliberate event. For what cause is uncertain.

IMO anything involving weird stuff and oil, is dubious at best.

Im guessing oil prices are due to rise again since there's bound to be a "shortage" now.

I just feel really bad for the poor animals and marine life.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by WhiteDevil013]

First of all WAS this thing even drilling as it was MOBILE it may have been on the move and thats why an accidenrt happened.
I very much dobut what happened in the past few days would effect oil prices it wont have much effect on world oil production figures will it.
I just love this place you guys give me a great
with all the wild theories you come up with

[edit on 1-5-2010 by wmd_2008]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

This really is not good news.... i'm not bothered about the cashflow as some are .... i'm talking about the dangers to nature with 5,000 barrels spilling into the sea daily and washing up on the shore...

What have we done to this planet?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Second drilling rig overturns in Louisiana

HOUSTON, April 30 (Reuters) - The U.S. Coast Guard said Friday it was responding to another oil drilling rig accident near Morgan City, Louisiana.

The "mobile inland drilling unit" overturned in the Charenton navigational channel south of U.S. Highway 90 at Morgan City. (Reporting by Bruce Nichols)

Is this the false-flag everyone was waiting for? Blaming eco terrorists?

Remember those eco terrorists arrested a few days ago because they wanted to blow up IBM headquarters? Is this a nationwide eco terrorist attack or what?

I dont know why it would be a government op false flag... Obama already agreed to do the off shore drilling recently. It sounds more like effective ecoterrorists. I suppose radical environmentalist elements within the government could have put these people into action, but its odd that Obama would agree to offshore drilling to then 'bomb' some oilwells. But who knows anything anymore...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Question: As per David Hawkins and Field McConnell

Were there any Financial tools such as Catastrophe Bonds written on the rigs? Who held the bond and who was the escrow account? [snip]
www.captainsherlock.com...

Removed link to personal blog

[edit on 1/5/10 by masqua]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I am amazed at the amount of rigs in the gulf - over 6,357 (2008#) The oil rigs are pumping 1.5million barrells a day.
I am also amazed at the amount which are lying on the bottom of the ocean in the gulf which have been sunk purposely. The entire area is an eco problem.

A layered map to see how many there are and where they are located.
maker.geocommons.com...
oil and gas rigs in the gulf:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Hi from Abbeville LA

My step dad works for a certain big oil company. He goes offshore to work for 7 days and then comes home for another 7. We moved to Louisiana specifically for his job.

The situation with the oil rigs is pretty unsettling, especially when a family member happens to work around some of them.

The rigs, at least to me seem like they were deliberately destroyed (Maybe small bombs or something.) I'm thinking of saying he should quit, but it's going to seriously screw our financial stability if he has to. If it turns out to be nothing of course.

It seems fishy to me. Plus he has to work come sunday for another full week, when these rigs only went down a few days apart.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Was it done deliberate or was it an accident?

Who benefits? Big Oil? Saudi Arabia?

WAKE UP! PEOPLE!

There is oil in the Gulf of Mexico & the powers to be don't want America drilling oil in the Gulf! WTF!

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
ok well I do not agree

[edit on 1-5-2010 by AndersonLee]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join