It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another oil rig overturns in inland waters off the coast of morgan city, Lousiana

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mal1970
Easy, guys, easy. While i'm in the belief that a major false flag event is imminent, this isn't it. It was a shallow water rig being towed. It was unoccupied. It had all of 200-ish gallons of diesel fuel in it's storage tanks (only 1% of its storage capacity). Try reading the link Erasurehead posted on the 1st page.

The only downside on ATS is that news is found so quickly and posted that all the facts are not in at the time of posting. Thank goodness this was not another catastrophe.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Can anyone compare possible timewaves? Boston Tea Party Possibly? Just sayin'.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolftotem

The only downside on ATS is that news is found so quickly and posted that all the facts are not in at the time of posting. Thank goodness this was not another catastrophe.

Exactly!

Ummm, second line?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
uMMM WHAT???? This was NOTHING. And here you are blowing the trumpets of Revelations over this? Jeez. No wonder ATS is considered such a joke.

Originally posted by jazz10
S&F for the thread.
I knew something else would happen.
This is only the begining this one is going to be very big.

Revelations, again keeps cropping up.
Trumpets
3rd trumpet
a large star burning like a torch,dropped from the sky and fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water."The name of the star is bitterness"

look it up
Project bitterness/anthrax related?

2nd trumpet was... then the second angel blew his trumpet. Something that looked like a huge mountainon fire was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea was turned into blood, a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed......Could this be the first rig?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

If ATS is such a joke, then why are you on here? Seems like a waste of time ...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

True that.

But even scarier, this evening the sun vanished beyond horizon. I think it was blocked by Nibiru or Alien hostage event. And then, my phone rang and no one was on the other end. Spoooooooooky.

Doomers are worse than Birthers.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
This is now breaking on several channels - CNN, Fox, BBC, all reporting this story now.

It seems very strange that TWO drilling rigs in the same region would both have catastrophic failures within days of each other.

I'd have to think that this was sabotage of some sort - either a false flag to drive oil prices up just before the summertime, or something else (like perhaps an attack by a foreign Government such as Iran).

Homeland Security is involved for some reason even though this hasn't really been designated as an attack on the nation at this time - I wondered yesterday why homeland security was involved with the EPA.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
This fits the pattern of government to a tee. We all know that whenever they make an announcement of intentions, or whenever they have an agenda they want to push on us, All of a sudden things start happening or studies start coming out that will support their plans or agenda. Don't forget, Obama wants cap and trade, and he wants it this year.

Part of getting cap and trade is moving away from and demonizing using and drilling for oil. We also know that he has no intentions of actually drilling regardless of what he says. Now he has a built in excuse on why he will go back on his drilling plans, and he has more "evidence" that we need to start eliminating the current drilling and use of oil that's currently in place.

The reason he sent teams out to "investigate" all of the other rigs was so that they can report that we need to shut more down for being "unsafe". So what you end up with is even more "evidence" to help promote his agenda while driving oil prices up in the mean time. The reason we are all on this site is because we know that this is how government works. We know better here folks. It's amazing how perfect the the timing always is for tptb when things like this occur.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
This is a false flag operation folks. Something indeed is not right with 2 rigs going down. Poor Louisiana, they can't absorb this impact economically. I don't have any proof just my gut. Looking forward to the gas prices this summer...NOT!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Hola! I'm a frequent browser of ATS content. Today I'm a contributor, for the first time! This "Headline" happens to be in my hometown. Franklin, LA. The accurate location of this rig demo is Baldwin, LA. Specifically the "Baldwin Cut", a 100 ft wide waterway connecting various metal fab shops to the Inter coastal water way. This seems to be blown out of proportion on the news. This was nothing more than human error on the salvage/demolition of a retired drilling rig. I saw the rig today. It's partly submerged in the water. Roughly 1/2 of it sticking out. The channel isn't all that busy, and the location in which it is sunk is a salvage yard located on the channel. So equipment and retrieval will be fairly quick. Also, this was not offshore, nor was it a live drilling platform. Just cold steel and wood. No oil. The drilling unit is locally owned in Franklin, LA. This really will not be a major set back for anyone. I will try to get close enough to take pics tomo. (By that I mean the best vantage point is a bridge West Bound on Hwy 90 in which people drive fast, drunk, and subpar ;( so wish me luck! Glad i could clear this up!

=Seth

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
God I cannot believe this! Is not one enough of a disaster?! I hope whatever 'all the stops' are, they are being thouroughly pulled! I don't think this would be a false flag, sounds more like someone is trying to ruin our chances of drilling oil, along with the eco system! Who hates America enough to do that????

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Qurious

Thank you and welcome to ATS! Yours is possibly the single most important contribution to this thread, letting us know it is not as bad as it seems, thanks.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I wonder what all those homeland security guys have been doing?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Thanks for the welcome! I'm glad i could help. Please forgive any grammar issues, it's late and dark! I'm going to provide the link for my local newspaper. Just to validate.link

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
[edit on 1-5-2010 by nikiano]

I did not realize that the first accident happened on earth day. That alone, says to me, that it could be suspected as eco-terrorism.

Add the fact that Obama sent in the SWAT teams and 6000 national guardsmen and Homeland Security into the mix....and yep, something tells me that maybe there is more than what we are being told.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by nikiano]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Anyone remember back when the Exxon Valdez (leased by ARCO- not exxon at the time of the accident?) Gas prices at ARCO stationes 'dropped' down to .99. It was the first time I had seen it under a buck in years and this was in 91 or so.

Ironically in 2002 ARCO was sold out to ... (Wait for it) BP.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
uMMM WHAT???? This was NOTHING. And here you are blowing the trumpets of Revelations over this? Jeez. No wonder ATS is considered such a joke.

Just wait until someone spills a quart of motor oil. That oil spill will be the predecessor to the four horsemen's arrival if this one is Revelations worthy. Don't you think?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
what if the eleven missing men are actually hostages. and it is some sort of terrorist basically jeopardizing the whole off shore drilling thing...ya gotta remember there are people who who will murder someone for performing an abortion (which i personally disagree with). which is kinda retarded if ya think about it for a minute. heck you value life so you murder someone...but i diereses.

I would be more then willing to bet it is some groups has bombs or boats or something around a few tankers...and are gonna blow them unless they get ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

perhaps this
is the beginning
of the false flag we
were warned about

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Don't you guys get it? They don't want the U.S independent from foreign oil. This is just the ticket. Small or not, it certainly does not help.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join